Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Comments

• Yes that is the one PipG  Thanks image

Right signing off now.  Having a bbq tonight and then heading off early tomorrow.

Hopefully see a few of you at the start on Sunday and a few more in Chandos afterwards

Hash will be there for my hug at mudchute  (though will probably be most unattractively sweaty by then image)

Take care everyone.  Enjoy it and look forward to the race reports early next week imageimageimage

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭
    i want to go home and check which pen i am
  • Me too Pip!

How long does eveyone stay at Chandos for? I have my charity reception and friends and family to say hello to but would love to pop along...

When I finish work its off to get some yummy risotto ingredients- first time I've made it since the ill-fated occasion where I tried to serve it at a dinner party for 16- too much stirring involved for my weedy arm and it turned out like glue! image

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭
    I am pen 6 - just checked
  • heck that was busy this afternoon, the Chandos  is to the left of st Martins church as you look at it from Trafalgar Square, I made a special journey down a few weeks back to check it all out, glad I did really it takes the worry out of looking after the run.

Pinks welcome back! One of my best friends is home alone for a few days and wanted to go out for the proverbial pint, I need to rest now needless to say I have a small cold tooimage

I will be at the Chandos I am not sure for how long I have to get the train back to Blackheath and be on the coach to go at 6 pm so i was going to come for an hour or so maybe a bit longer, I guess it will be rammed so it will be a bit hit and miss to meeting up with folks? Over to the old hands for advice image

• Rod I'm in orange T-shirt with vikki on it not he most camouflaged of runners- and i'll probably still be crying image

Hope your cold is just taper maddness- i'm sure it'll dissolve by the start line!!!

• haven't had chance to pop in today - hectic at work

main thing is welcome home Pinks! so relieved for youimage

just thought I'd send my good luck wishes now cos I guess you'll all be setting off soon

have a wonderful time you guys - hope some of you achieve that 4:30 target and for those of us that don't - lets have a fab time anyway image

and Hash - have a great time and look after them image

• Thanks Vik more than Likely I will have the Ashby 20 2009 hoody on or if too hot tied around my waist, big bloke with a red face will be me image

A question not being negative at all what if one had to pull out during the race with an injury, how would one feel and has anyone here had it happen in a significant eventimage

• I reckon you would feel gutted but at the end of the day better to pull out than not make it to another race anywhere because you didn't!

Apparently the stats show that 1 in 800 will require hospital treatment during/immediately after the marathon.

And I think the figures are 1:16 needing St John's help.

Never happened to me thank goodness but it does happen to elites too.   Paula and Haille have both pulled out so you would be in good company.

• Eeeeek - those stats are seriously SCARY!!!

Pinks - welcome home babe, I wrote on your FB wall x

I'm in pen 8 on blue start too ) Been sick today and shaking with nerves - thise stats have made me worse as I havent done a long run of 18 miles for about 4 weeks!!

Can and will only do my best !! Off to London tomorrow  - its sooooo close and I feel sick all over again!

• Aw thanks Rio you put that nicely, for the first time I am thinking"this is a long run" mainly because I am back from Injury, I always have been able to up my game  when I get to a race, I will go steady and see how it goes, I hope this cold gets no worse, I am well prepared and have a certain ammount of experience snd common sense so that will prevail first and foremost.

It's my first run over 20 miles I think that is the point I am trying to make image

• Actually rio 1 in 800 needing the Hospital is not that bad, I bet there are more underprepared  runners than that!
  • will be going to london sunday morning...... what time is everyone arriving on Sunday?

what is everyones meals going to be tomorrow...... any ideas?

• I have some chicken sandwiches made for the coach journey, the hotel is doing a meal "runner friendly" which we can choose on the journey down, I won't be sampling the Expo food.

I have packed some weetabix as an emergency and have chicken and bacon sandwiches for after the race plus bananas and a cereal bar, I have eaten well today and drunk plebty of water thats all I can do really .

• Rod- I know Fiona who I know from another thread who came to the expo with us said one of her running club friends did his frst marathon at London last year and spent from mile 23 trying to walk off the course and pull out but literally the crowd would not let him- moral of the story is unless theres something majorly wrong I don't think the crowd will let you pull ou, not sure if thats a positive or a negative depending how shite you feel.....
  • MarkofKent - please can you pop over here and let us have your number, any distinguishing features and requirements for mile 17?  Ta

• Vik it would only be pain caused by an injury not feeling knackered or anything like that I have only just started thinking about crowd support image
  • Mark I am having normal breakfast of porridge then will be having main meal of pasta or similar (very plain and boring, little meat and no dairy) at lunchtime then will be snacking throughout the afternoon on flapjacks.  Will have probably a pizza early evening then maybe some cereal or another flapjax later if I am still hungry.

I will be drinking one bottle of water, followed by a bottle of sport drink x 2 on top of my normal cups of tea and occassional coffee. 

And then a nice mug of instant horlicks before bed and I should sleep like a baby image

• Bet you don't sleep well..... you never do... Poor G
  • I do sleep well.  Apart from the very first time I always sleep really really well before races.  I'll give you poor Gary!!!  It is him that keeps me awake snoring if anything imageimage
  • talking of which I am now off to bed night all image
  • This weather is looking a bit better for all of us image  

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/98079/Gallery/Weather.JPG

• Nite Rod!!!

Well I just want to say good luck to everyone as not sure if I'll get on tomorrow before I head to Blackheath.  It has been a wonderful journey and I am so proud to share my first marathon with you guys on this thread! 

Hash- what ese can I say, you are an inspiration and mile 24 is for you

The others on here mile 23 is for you and all the good, bad and transatlantic dash moments! We will  together on sunday on the start line no matter what start we are on or if we are in Stratford or London!!!

Look after yourselve sin the sun- funny we spent most of January cursing the snow

Hash, Rio SB and Gatton thank you for your tips and knowledge hopefully I can do justice to your kindness on sunday!

Liz meeting you at the expo was a memory I will carry with me round the course as you were an absolute star!

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
    So what have you done today to make you feel proud?
    'Cause you could be so many people
    If you make that break for freedom
    So what have you done today to make you feel proud?
    What have you done today to make you feel proud?
    What have you done today
    You could be so many people?
    Just make that break for freedom
    So what have you done today to make you feel proud? <!--Lyrics End-->

Can't wait to hear all our stories in Chandos or on here next week

Lots of love and lots of luck

xxxx

• Very nice words Vikw...... I cried when I crossed the line to that song in 2006.....
    so goosebumps are here again.......

Good Luck to all us Athletes on Sunday

xxx
  • Night all.  Happy racing Sunday.  Say hi if you spot a pirate vest image
  • I'll jsut shout 'oo ar Jim lad' image