Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Kim (sub-5:00)

Comments

• Sorryimage

Hope you're having a good run.  Just got back from mine, and a glass of red in the bath sounds like an excellent idea.

Happy Sundayimage

• <waves>

just thought I'd say hello as I'm hoping for around 5hrs at VLM... currently being jumped on by mini callycat's but will be back later

oh and I've not done my long run this weekend either as can't face the hail!
  • HI EP- really good to see you in the super 6 & hopefully will be lining up with you in April. Hope the weather warms a bit so we can all get back to running but in the meantime please keep up the talk of fudge sauce & wine....... yyuuuuuummmmmy
  • ness3ness3 ✭✭✭

Hi EP,

Found this thread at last. Hope your running is going well. I've had a weekend off cos I was visiting relatives in Sheffield so I was too busy to run and it was a bit snowy.

Ness x

• Just popping in to say hello as am also aiming for a sub 5 hours at VLM - first timer so will be following this thread closely.

Too icy and snowy for me to go out today - its like an ice rink on the roads near me then about 6 inches of snow off-road so stayed in the warm!

• ness3ness3 ✭✭✭
    Sounds lovely. I had a lovely pub lunch today. Took the in-laws out for a xmas dinner. Did that today as I will be out soaking up the sun in Tenerife on xmas day. Rest of the family had turkey for lunch. I don't like it so had poached salmon instead. Did have the christmas pub though. The only bit of the traditional xmas dinner that I like. image
  • waves to pix! You did better than me on todays run, I turned back after less than half a mile! but then I didnt have choc pudding to run off like some people! image
  • ness3ness3 ✭✭✭
    Yes Pix, assuming flight will go *fingers crossed* It's not BA though image Hope to get a few warm weather training runs in while away. My lovely husband has already plotted out a route round the hotel to run while we're away so definitely taking Garmin & running shoes. image
  • Hey Pix- Fudge sauce sounds delicious!  well done on ya weekend run...I just did a short run today - it's sooo icy, it was a bit on the dangerous side TBH..lets hope it thaws out soon!!
  • Hey Pix *waves*

*BIG* congrats on getting picked. Should be at the start line myself if my body holds together

By the way, that coach of yours... he must be good - he beat me yesterday!

(doesn't let on just how many people beat me yesterday)

• That's beat as in finished ahead of rather than violent attackI think for Cookie.

Well done Kim on running today and wise to cut short but you may have to finish later in week judging by the fudge sauce ingredients.

I managed to lose a set of keys today on my run, having lost a set at the race yesterday - never lost a set of keys on a run in 40 years and now twice in 24 hours - I'll blame it on the cold rather than the senility and it cost me a fortune today for an emergency locksmith and today was my slowest ever run (due to the ice) and my most expensive one too.

• EP - I think I would of cut my run short too. I really hope this icy weather doesn't stay around too long. It was a nightmare trying to do long runs on icy pavements last February for London marathon.

Steve - I lost my keys last year and they had my sons photo on it. So we had to get our locks changed. It was freezing the day I lost mine. Luckily I my neighbour was in and he drove me to my daughters school to get her keys so that I could get in the house.

good luch pix

would have been in earlier, but forgot my login to RW!!!!!!!!

• Hi Pix

The Evil Pixie wrote (see)
    just been looking at the VLM site and now I have a big lump in my throat!
    Which bit? 
  • The big lump in the throat isn't the toffee sauce?

Yes, good to have a think about nutrition but i'm sure the Lucozade scientists will be analysing your fuel requirements and needs once you've got all the christmas meals out of the way.

I find in winter training, I don't drink enough water as I don't find it easy to drink and if I also don't drink enough things like Lucozade to make up for it, my performance is impaired though by marathon time, I'm usually ok. 

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Pix - well done on your selection as one of the Super Six, I'm looking forward to following your training on this thread

Steve - I'm exactly the same re fluid replacement in the winter, after my run it's straight to the kettle for a warming cup of tea and omit to drink enough water although I do drink a bottle of water and a cup of tea before my early morning run.

• Kim - are you heading South?

Looks terrible on the news.

I was re-reading your bit about hydration/fuel. Tea and diet crack (my breakfast beverage of choice) have caffeine in - which is diruretic and will drive water from your body. It's a non drink really.  Maybe that will affect you? We're supposed to drink 2L of water a day, even more if exercising. I know I don't manage that - especially when at work (can't just go to the loo willy nilly) but I'm going to make massive effort to, to see if it makes a difference.

Mmm, going to have a go at the fudge sauce today...