Options

Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Kim (sub-5:00)

Comments

• Options
    Hey hey, becareful on them icy pavements!  No snow...blimey...wait till you get to Reading...isn't it pretty hairy over that way?
  • Options
    ness3ness3 ✭✭✭

Hope the run went well. I couldn't risk running near home today & thought the roads near the HH leisure centre would be even worse later on! Went for a little off road plod at a local reservoir that has some grassy paths. Bit icy but was safe in my roclites. Ten and a bit done... image

Am also looking forward to the New Year and more running with the Harriers.

• Options

Hi Kim, hello all,

I just wanted to check in on your thread before Christmas to see how things are going, it appears you have everything under control and it’s great to see you becoming so aware of your nutrition.  I hope the food diary is manageable for you? Regarding hydration I understand water can become boring. Perhaps alternate with different flavours of squash or hydro active for some variation. In the event of you having to consume a larger volume of water in order to hydrate/rehydrate, bear in mind that if this drink contains some electrolytes and a small amount of carbohydrate it is likely to be more palatable making this process much easier and more efficient. 

Try to maintain a decent state of hydration throughout the day if you can so the task of having to hydrate pre run doesn’t become to daunting!

Enjoy your Christmas and remember there's nothing wrong with a few festive treats!  Emma
  • Options

Hope you weren't hurt. Maybe just your pride...

Am attempting the 'decent state of hydration' of which Emma speaks and I definitely feel better for it. image

Have fun at gym/pool.

• Options

Nb the hydration - and Emma's comment about being allowed a few festive treats - does 10 or more count as few?

take care on the icy roads - snow and ice in south east london today but was ok on the grass of Blackheath - shame it won't look as good in April.

• Options

True - but hopefully a bit nicer to sit on before the start!

Hope your okay Pix.  Just waching the news and it's going to "warm up" down here tomorrow if you count +3 as warm!

Erm...... I've missed something as per usual. Are we supposed to be keeping a food diary?  In Christmas week?image

• Options
    Just like to butt in and wish you all a very healthy 2010 and look forward to reading  your postings .  Who knows I may have the pleasure of meeting  some of you along the road to the Mall in April..... Train hard and rest well....image
  • Options
    well done EP!  Brilliant...I dont know now if its riskier to drive to the gym for a treadie session or go out and run... hmmm decisions?
  • Options
    ahhh i like your  thinking...
  • Options

So do I, I'd rather run a mile around one than 100 yards up one.  Luckily there aren't that many round my way.  I know they're supposed to be good for you, but then so's sitting in an ice bath after a run, and you won't catch me doing that either.

Well done on the tready running Pix.  Hopefully we'll be able to get out again soon - someone's just come back from lunch and announced it's raining.  I got glared at for cheering!

• Options
    AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    EP: In case you don't see it on the sub4 thread. In case you are coming down south. In Newbs paths are a total nightmare (all ice) at mo but main roads ok. My guess is that Hermitage roads are likely to be bad. Sorry but thought I should let you know.image
  • Options

Morning Pix

Not sure if you'll be online at your folks, so in case not safe journey and have a fab Christmas x

• Options

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

• Options

Hi Kim

Be with you all the way,  best of luck with your training  -  I'm really envious  ......

Jude  -  HH running club

• Options
    Hpefully the snow and ice will gradually melt away from the roads - Have a great christmas everyone and take care of the knee EP.
  • Options
    AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    Happy xmas EP. image
  • Options

Happy Christmas Pix. Hope to see you down the club more often and will definitely be following your progress.

All the best, Kate (also a HH'er) xx

• Options

Happy Christmas everyone image

You are all doing better than me...I am still not really running...I will have some catching up to keep up with you hun!

Still have ice on the roads and pavements around here - slid my way round a dog walk yesterday.  Too icy to drive to the gym. Maybe I should get get a treddie too LOL

• Options

Sorry, haven't been on for ages EP. Following the sub 5 hours thread very closely as even though I couldn't get in VLM, I will be doing Edinburgh in May.

Sounds like you are doing really well - off to do the Ribble Valley 10k this morning in the pouring rain (but at least the roads won't be icy)

Happy Christmas and I look forward to hearing more stuff as you move towards the BIG day.....

• Options

BOING

As far as I know Pix is stuck in internetless parentland

Hope it was a good 'un

• Options

Crikey - Pix has been all over the other threads like a rash but not on her own...

Hi Pix. Hope Xmas was fab and all that.