Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Kim (sub-5:00)

Comments

• Just do us one favour, on the basis of what's going on with us lot so far stick to the treaddy and take it very, very gently!
  • Yup yup, wot Hash said. Be ver ver careful...

Boss has tweaked plan a bit by outlining long run distances but OKing the rest. So, it's game on a week tomorra.

Not convinced by echinaecia (sp?) or zinc. Have tried everything and I still get stuff, I put it down to being around filthy children and their heinous germs. After years (unspecified) in the game you would've thought I would be immune to everything but no, those pesky viruses keep mutating. I'll keep taking the stuff though - just in case!!

• Oooohimageimage

Hopefully mine's waiting on the doormat, although it's odd that Blouse hasn't phoned if it's arrived

• Phone call home has established mine is not waiting on the doormatimage
  • Mine hasn't arrived yet eitherimage 

I'm not sure about treadmills. I started out on a treadie and (bizarrely) trained for my 1st 10k on it. What a surprise it was to run outside in a race. Especially up the hills (hadn't trained on inclines). What a fool!! One of my more stupid ideas.. Couldn't go back to one now.

Paul has rejigged my schedule round a bit in a similar fashion, Kim. Am also hoping to squeeze in a pilates session somewhere....

• Hi Miss Evil.....

I have just had a quick look through this thread.....

I run the FLM 3yrs ago in 5:30 and havent run much since image

I did a 10k at the weekend that went well 1:05

Do you have a copy of the training program that you have so that I can also follow it image as I also have a place in April

mna604@aol.com

Thanks

• Hi Kim,

I hope you have had a great christmas and happy new year all!

I’ve just been catching up on your activities over the last week or so... I see you’ve set yourself some tough nutritional new years resolutions!

Re your question on vitamins and cold prevention – as long as you’re eating a healthy and balanced diet containing plenty of fruit and veg,  you should be consuming adequate vitamin/mineral intake without having to rely on supplements. 

Having said that as training intensity increases or you feel your diet is compromised for whatever reason, a daily multi-vitamin supplement might be an idea, or at least supplements containing the B-complex vitamins to help get the most out of your training plus Zinc and Vitamin C to help boost immune function.

I know how frustrating it can feel to lose training time (I’ve just had 10 days off myself!), but a couple of days rest if you feel under the weather is going to be much better for you in the end than trying to struggle through – your hard work won’t be wasted!

• Just on your other point re your 5m event on Sunday,  yes always good opportunity to practice pre-race strategy and use of products.  

I would suggest trying either body fuel or a gel before you start.

Perhaps save use of gels for longer training runs and any event over 10k/ 1 hour where you are really going to benefit from them.  Providing you have a good high carb breakfast as you intend, and drink some body fuel  approx 30 mins before the start this should ensure you are well fuelled to get you through the 5 miles.

Good luck and enjoy!

• The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

Am I the only one to have got the mag?

Yes - I was out when you texted earlier and came home to no post at all image
  • Yep, got mine as well. All the Super 6-ers look good!!
  • AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    AndyV wrote (see)

Hi EP

Not seen the mag yet. Hopefully it will arrive in the post tommorrow.

I seem to be a relative treaddie demon even if they are tedious. That said for me it doesn't compare to an outdoor run which is much more challenging (hence the much slower times in my case) 

Have a great new year and best of luck for the big one (and life generally) next year.

Hash showed me how to do the old quote thang ......
  • Mine might be at home when go tommorrow.

Gel for 5 miles? Hardcore, Pix!  I have never had one fullstop....hang on - 5m under an hour......EEK! I have some catching up to do image 

• Hmmmm....... due at work at 9am.  Half an hour drive.  Postie probably turns up 9.30ish.

Any original excuses for being late would go down really well, I've already exhausted this year's supply of doctor's/dentist's appointments with legitimate ones.  A skip lorry blocked my car in?  I dropped my car keys down a drain cover?  I was abducted by aliens but - great news boss - they dropped me back in time to only miss about an hour of work and I'll make it up next year?

• Pix, make it "next door's builder" and I've used that one - it really happened!

Phone call from Blouse - it's at homeimage

And so will I be the second they let me out of here!  6 minutes to go.......

• And the same to you EP.

Have a great New Year everyone and may we all achieve our 2010 running ambitions!

• Have a lovely new year Pix.

Good luck with the gel!!

• Big hugs and Happy New Year Kim xx