Options

Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Lucy (sub-5:30)

Comments

• Options

Well, no time for a run yesterday.  Was going to run my round today, but icy footpaths made that totally impossible.  No grip on my shoes so I was slowed to a waddle for half the time!  After over an hour of that though my legs do feel like they've had a good work out!

Back to frantic last minute tidying and cleaning...

• Options

Lol Rowan, I know what you mean.  I'm just back from my LVSM (long very slow mince!.  'twasn't half pretty though. 

Spinkletoes that sounds bad, look after yourself Hon

• Options

I will try. Went back to bed for an hour this morning which is unheard of for me!

I had to gather my strength for the trip to Tescos.

I. Never. Ever. Want. To. Do. That. Again.

Horribly busy and I'm kicking myself for not being organised enough to get it delivered. Saw one of our friends in there who had a good laugh at my expense because of that video of the 'dynamic stretching' we did in Green Park. OK, I have to admit, looking like a thunderbirds puppet wasn't my best hour...

I think you're all terribly brave venturing out and having a go at running. I will enjoy vicariously, if I may.

That is all.

• Options
    (((((spinks)))))
  • Options

Just to make clear, I didn't even try to run today.  Seriously, half the pavements in Hackney and Islington are covered in sheets of ice.

Rabbit arrived, and her and owner seemed happy.  Now I have to toddle off to the supermarket for some stuff to put in my new fridge freezer.  Then when I get back I have to get the amstrad computer and various other stuff off my bed and back in the livingroom before I can use said bed!  Hope rabbit won't tell her owner I'm not really as tidy as I look today!

Tomorrow hopefully be doing a run.  And arranging to get my new cooker installed and the old one taken away (did I mention the guy from Curries couldn't install it?  So I've now got 2 instead of 1 unusable cookers in my kitchen)

Hope you feel better soon Spinks.

• Options

Let's hope the rabbit doesn't let the cat out of the bag....<guffaw>

Don't know how long the snow is going to be hanging around here. I'm reluctant to go out running in it because if anyone if gonna fall over and break something, it'll be me.

Hope your run goes well Rowan and the cooker is sorted soon.

Ta Pud - how's Norfolk?

• Options

yes, listen to EP, you need to nip this thing in the bud ASAP!

Yikes your Tesco experience sounds very scary- I'm hosting Christmas at mine this year and haven't done the big shop yet!  Uh Oh!  dreading it- may get to the shops at crack of dawn though to hopefully avoid the masses....

Oh and it was quite cruel them filming the dynamic stretching wasn't it?- don't think anyone could ever come off well doing the can can in running gear anyway!

• Options

Why did they have to show that clip of me getting that wrong twice?????

Let us know how you get on at the docs Lucy and get well soon.  Tescos was hell wasn't it.  I braved our local warzone this afternoon, the one plus about these temperatures is I could buy my frozen turkey a few days ahead and it will stay nicely frozen in the out house.

Rowan, my hubby used to be a plumber, shout if you need any help

• Options

Hashette, if he has any mates who are electricians in East London, let me know!  Need cooker point moved (apparently it's fine except for location), old cooker de-installed and new one installed.  Apparently Curries will come back and take the old cooker, though I'm going to ring and check their electrician was right about that.

Really have to check that video clip too...  But first have some cats to go see to!

And anyone in my area need a telly?  Big, with integrated video, anologue connector broken, but does have a scart connection so can be used with digi I think...

• Options

Still plenty of snow here. Just as well I'm still not up to it at the moment then....

Going to docs on Weds (earliest appointment image), by which time, no doubt I shall be all better (crossing fingers here).

Any runs out there to report?

• Options

Over cleaning? Nah, never heard of that.

Good news: lumpy glands gone down wooohoooo! Now just have to shift the tight chest and I'm there.

*whispers quietly* I could be back.......

• Options
    Yayimage  Glad you're feeling better and the glands are down, but please keep the doc's appointment.  If it's anything like here, your next chance will be 2012!
  • Options

Hello- glad you have an DR appointment Spinkle...and good that you have taken a turn for the better.

its been awful here in Winchester tonight, so much snow caused grid lock on the roads..still it meant that the local shop was relatively quiet for once image

• Options

I've been Christmas shopping on Amazon...

• Options
    Blimey, are they still able to deliver in time for Christmas?  You might just have solved a few problems for me, I'm about as organised as a tossed salad with everything else that's going on.  Cheers Rowan!
  • Options

We're having an Amazon christmas too... Can't stand shopping and am pants at it - when you live so far from the shops and you finally get there, you're sort of thrown into a panic about it and decision making becomes tortuous. You kind of lose the ability to shop after a while.

Just got a bit of a silly cough now and a bit snotty but feeling more energetic. Will still be taking it easy for a while because I just can't afford any more illness. I'm also looking at building my immune system up a bit. Lots of veggies (sprouts!) for me.

Vicky - hope Blouse feeling a bit better this morning, or in better spirits at least.

• Options

Yup im definately a fan of Amazon at Christmas too!! anything to avoid the real life shops is great!

Take it easy Spinkletoes...do you actually like sprouts or are you doing them for the health benefits?? I for one am not a fan of the small green things!

• Options

Love love love sprouts!!

I call them 'fairy cabbages' to get baby spinkle to eat them, but he's no fool...

• Options

Hashette: if you take the free month of Amazon prime they are offering then yes, it should be delivered before Christmas.  It's £2.90 extra per item if you want it gift wrapped with a message.  Use the basket and make sure 'show gift options at checkout' is ticked on the summary on the right hand side, and you can reject when it asks you what you want gift wrapped, but still tick the bottom of that page where it asks if you want prices NOT to be shown in the parcel.  And make sure you change the delivery address of course...

Still got one more lot to complete.... off to do that now!

• Options

Hi Lucy

Hope you are well, and you are getting over that cold, no running until it has gone !

The last find we need is your cold developimg into something worse, if you are going to get a cold this is the best time of year to have it !

your 16 week schdule dose not start until January so plenty of time to get yourself right

Enjoy !!image

• Options

He found you then Lucy!

Rowan, you're leading me astray you know.

If anyone doesn't want to eat their sprouts, send them to me.  I luuuurve them, especially cold which gives them a really sweet, nutty flavour.  I brought a load into work this morning and they were delicious.  Shame about the evil whiff comming of them thoughimage

• Options

Will make you run faster or add a certain propulsive effect...

Hi Boss!

Been cross training by pulling 5 year old on a sledge up hills round the village. Will be doing 'dynamic stretching'  next by bathing the dog. And then flopping down with a cup of tea (recovery).

• Options

oooooooh hills????? what are they?????

<looks out at flat as a pancake landscape>

((((spinks)))))  hope you continue to feel betterer and betterer

no runs/plods/fast walks to report here - too icy.  didn't have the snow that many others got last night, but all the stuff that we've had since last thursday is now  totally compacted and frozen into a bumpy ice-rink stylee.......

• Options

Well, I think I am officially not doing my full hour until after Christmas now.... ice still there, and catsitting madness is about to descend!  As if that wasn't enough I've done my back in this morning moving the spare telly onto my bed to get it out of the way while a guinea pig was delivered.  Been looking forward to sitting down as I've done my cat rounds (and one more visit to Borders...), and in fact I've found I can't sit down comfortably.  Going to experiment with lying down in a minute.

Worst thing is that I'm going to have to somehow move the telly back off my bed... anyway looks like I've got someone off freecycle coming for it tomorrow, so that's the last time I've got to move it!