Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Lucy (sub-5:30)

Comments

• Bad news with the back - it may be just a pulled bit. I did the same a couple of weeks ago but kept moving and after about a week it disappeared. Hot water bottle under the sore bit when you lie down. I found that back heat wraps quite good too.

We have 2 guinea pigs and they are surprisingly noisy and will squeak a lot, especially when you walk past and they think the should be fed. Greedy little, erm, pigs.

Hello Pud - we have a few hills around here  - great training!!

We have the same snow here - lumpy and compacted  - and there's no way I'm tackling that! I'm holding out for Boxing Day for a plod but there is the Groggy Doggy race up the road (2.5 m with dog) but it'll be muddy and I'm rubbish at cross country so I think I'll sit it out this year - but will go along to support instead. Dog would love it though...

• Hey Spinkletoes

Was having a nosey at your thread and thought i'd wish you all the best with your marathon campaign. If your training ethic is anything like the good humoured conversation you've got going, i'm sure you'll be fine.

Get well soon.

Jon

• Hi Pix, hi Jonimage

Yup - the Boss has caught up with me, but I am following orders, so I'm OK.

Well, I do love a good natter but rest assured when training kicks in I shall be ultra dedicated. Last year, when I trained for Edinburgh Marathon I didn't miss a single training run, though my taper was a mess  - got dreadful cold and stopped dead - (I'm doing it the other way round this year, ill first).

Will let you know what the doc says....

• Morning

Good luck at the docs Lucy

Rowan sorry to hear about your back, hope you haven't done any major mischief to it.  

• Am going for sauna/steam today to get the last of the lurgy gone. Can't see what the doc will say other than 'it's a bit of a horrid cold and go away stop wasting my time'.

Feeling a great deal better todayimage and am hoping to try out my shiny new running shoes on Boxing Day.

How's everyone else?

• popped in to see how spinks got on.....

no more snow here, but still flippin' cold !

• Hi Lucy,

Have you managed to get out for a run today? It sounds like the snow has been hampering everyones training. Just dropping you a pre-christmas post to let you know I'll be following the thread as well. It been great to see the support and encouragement from the rest of the runners. Judging from your illness and bad weather you won't have had the chance to try out any nutritional stratergies!?

• What did the docs say Spinkle?

• Just swerving in to see how it went. 
  • Sorry, been  up to eyeballs in relatives image 

Doc just said I'd had a heinous virus and was irrelevant what one it was but has left me with irritated airways and post-viral cough. He said if I took it easy then I should be able to start Jan 4th in good health and ready to go. I asked how I could avoid hammering my immune system again to get me through the training: train hard and rest well but vitamins are a waste of money.

I'm thinking just as well the schedule starts with '2m: slow'...

Hi Gareth - nutritional strategies?? Nah, not a single one. Haven't run since 13th December.image

Was -8C outside this morning and we're still iced up - only main roads clear but I'm not running on them (too dangerous)

what's the gossip? have I missed anything?

• spinkletoes wrote (see)

Sorry, been  up to eyeballs in relatives image 

Shudder....

Sounds like good advice Lucy.  Send the relatives home, they're against doctor's orders!

• Ah no, they're actually really lovely but they always come with a huge amount of faff.   But they didn't laugh at the video (much) and were hugely relieved that the Boss is a City fan.

Glad Blouse is in better spirits.

• No drugs. Just advice to be sensible.

Like I said, my worry was glandular fever, but that was told that probably wasn't the case.

I can run when I feel up to it, as long as cover my mouth (?) to prevent the cold air making me cough more but he said it's going to take a while to clear up. I was planning on the Groggy Doggy (2.5m race with pooches) on Boxing Day but will duck out this time  - if it's clear of ice I'll have a plod round in the village (in new shoesimage) instead, esp. since husband murmured something about 'going to football'.

Glad you got your run done!!

• hey- good to hear spinkle- least you know now...hopefully you be fighting fit my January image
  • Running in the buff?

I don't think that's necessary, dear.

• My 1,000 post.

I'm in 4 figures.

Wow!

• Hi Lucy

Make sure that you are over that cold before you start  training again, look on the bright side image

if you have in have a enforced break, this is the best time of year to do it !

get yourself right for January !

Enjoy !!!

• Hi, back is pretty painful, but I seem to be getting work done (I was very strict with the dogs I walked today and made them walk behind me so no chance of pulling!), and am just tackling some much needed washing.  Have to get an emergency new printer tomorrow (what a time for mine to break down: we print little diaries for the clients...)

I managed to get the tv off my bed last night with no further damage.  Luckily I have a low level bed, so was able to slide it off and onto a pile of clothes on the floor and slide it on out to the hallway.

Lovely couple came and picked it up tonight.  As the guy picked it up he handed something to his lady, who handed it to me.  Seems as I slid the black telly from my bedroom and onto my black hallway floor, I never noticed that it had brought with it a pair of black knickers...

Hope you are soon feeling better Spinks!

• Lol Rowan, I'm hooting with laughter and it's not even 7am yet!  Hope the back's not too bad this morning.

Lucy, wot Pix said about buffs, they're lovely for snuggling into and blocking out the nasty drips down the back of the neck when it's raining

• Actually that pictures's a bit crap.  They're a tube so great to wear around the neck
  • I realised I told that story slightly wrong.  What actually happened is she put them down on a surface, and as they started to walk out I thought they were gloves or something and picked them up, asking 'are these yours' or 'are you forgetting something?'.  Then realised...