Options

Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Lucy (sub-5:30)

1565758596062»

Comments

• Options
    By the way is it just me who gets all excited when the RW mag arrives??
  • Options

Hi Sally,

Loch Ness depends on whether it clashes with my daughter's 11 plus (must go and check it out!). But it's easier for us, despite being down in the SE of England, because we have somewhere to stay and family who'll come and cheer us on. But definitely on for a return to London if I can get a ballot place. I'd love to do it for charity again but raising £1500 was really tough, especially in this climate.

And no, I get all excited too. I think that makes us proper runners! image

• Options

Right. Evening all.

*shuffles in limping as my ankle is inexplicably puffed up and sore*image

*fiddles with knot around neck and removes SuperSix cape*

Being in the SuperSix has been a unique experience for me and a massive opportunity and getting to know you guys has been just wonderful. Lovely, in fact.

But: like a pint of milk in the sun for a week, I'm off. It's been a pleasure to meet you all, on t'internet, and in real life. I may not have come up with the goods on Sunday but I am extremely proud to have been part of your VLM campaign/build up and very excited that you are going on to do more.  I'm so grateful for all of your kind words and so pleased that everyone came back with a medal.

So: for the sake of closure I'm leaving this thread. It will make me very sad to hit the 'submit message' button in a moment but I know it must be done.

I'd like to leave you with this. I've listened to it so many times out training.

p.s I'll still be hanging around the forum like a bad smell - Pix is starting a post- VLM lose the lard thread very shortly.....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Options

Aw, bless you Ms. Spinkletoes. We'll miss you. And you did come up with the goods. You just changed the scope.

It's a massive committment to be a mum, a wife, do the training AND keep up this thread.

You've been a star. You should be proud.

See you on the other side xxxx

• Options

PS. I'll be on the 'lose the lard' thread for sure.

And the 'Brighton Back Up Plan' thread which I hope will exist in a few months.

I might even still post on this one, even with the Tumbleweed around!

Lovely ladies, read you all very soon x

• Options

Oh Nooooo!!!!!! Just when I have composed myself, I'm going to start crying again. I feel so sad.  You were indeed a star Lucy.  I never once heard you complain or moan, even when you were getting it tough. This must be a sad moment for you too. 

You have been an inspiration and made me feel so much better about myself.  It might take a while, but what about cutting and pasting all the lovely comments from your friends on heer and putting them into a card (it will have to be a big one mind) and then reading over it just to re-affirm what we all think about you.

Look forward to catching up with you.  Thank you for making me so welcome on this thread.

Mags x

• Options

Well I guess all good things must come to an end.

I'm glad everyone is thinking about other races.  In the next couple of weeks you may experience a feeling of being a little lost without long runs and feel a bit down.  But just plan a nice little 10K, get those trainers back on and make me proud image

It was lovely meeting all of you

*waves bye bye*

• Options

Gosh it all sounds so final!!!

See you all on other threads then I guess - I am off to join the Great North Run thread - guessing there is one................

Thanks again Lucy and all - its been fun.

• Options
    Wow, so sad to lose you all!!
    Paula your quite right, I am feeling a little bit lost, I'm guessing now I'm going to have to find another thread but look forward to finding you all on the future Brighton one and will check into the loose the lard.

Loved hearing all your stories and will probably be still checking this thread just in case anyone hangs around!!

Of course I'll be keeping up to date with MM on your blog.

Thanks everyone for making this such a great experience.

xxxx