Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Lucy (sub-5:30)

Comments

•  I try not to unleash the beast too often, but, yes, when I go for it, be somewhere else...

• AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    spinkletoes wrote (see)

Andy - your 'slow' is still infinitely faster than my 'fast'image

Best of luck for the start of the 'journey'  - let the fun begin..

Right back at you Lucy
  • I wish you'd teach me your shouty teacher voice.  Would it work on tarty little fourteen year old girls who hang around outside the shops wearing nowhere near enough to keep them warm - prostitots - as Blouse calls them?  They don't just shout the usual "get those knees up Paula" and "run Forest run" at me, they actually run beside me.  Admittedly they can only keep it up for about 20 yards, but it's just long enough for me to have a really really overwhelming urge to thump one of them.  image

So far I've resisted.  Baaaad idea when there's half a dozen of them and one of me!

• yay i found the thread. Well thats my acheivement for today as it is far to icy out to actually run *scowls at winter*

Although luckily all the teenagers around here to seem to be hibernating through winter. But there are plenty of dodgy older blokes to contend with....grrrr

• Hi Lucy,

I will give you a call when you back in town. I noticed Paul has sent you a training programme. Would it be possible to forward that email onto me please?

Hope you are fully recovered now!

• I wouldn't recommend taking on the jail bait Hash. Especially is there's more of them than you.....

Gareth - am about, not  'out of town' (I don't do anything that glamorous) but cannot speak to you Mon and Tues during day as am teaching all day and am not *supposed* to use mobile during school hours either.

Will dig out your email and forward the plan.

• imageHi Flurillo!!

You made it!! Nice to see you.

Dodgy older blokes? Winos? Well, at least you can outrun 'em.

Waiting on trail shoes to arrive so I can take on the ice!!

• do be careful spinks!!  we have more snow forecast.......

know what you all mean about the teenagers hanging around.  last time this happened to me i was running with a clubmate (a grandma) who invited the "lads" to join us for the rest of the run "come on, it's only another 3 miles" she said.  they declined the invite image

did my 2 and a bit sloooooooooooooooooow on the treddie - believe me it was slow!!  but i have started and am feeling good image  have also written in my log my hopes for training and for the race itself.  didn't do that last year and i'm hoping that when it all goes a bit mad i can have a quick look at what i've written and get it all back in perspective.  

• I think it's important to write down moments of clarity during training for referring to when the wheels fall off.

But we're always here and I'm sure, no doubt, someone on here will have the presence of mind with some good advice/inspiration during the dark days.

In fact, I'm banking on it.

Am gonna try out some trail shoes. If they're a no no I may hire a treaddie but nearest place is Cambridge and I don't know if they'll deliver out here... Sometimes living out here is a right royal pain. image

Another 'rest' day for me tomorrow. This marathon training is exhausting, I tell ya.

• got mine from a guy up near kings lynn.  if you need his details i'll email them across.....
  • Could you? Maybe I could persuade him to go a bit further south....

Thanks pud. You're an angel.image

• no worries - can you enable your email on here please and i'll send the details over
  • I think I've enabled it....

Cheersimage

• you have mail (i hope) image
  • Thanks love, will get on to him asap.

LXX

• Hi Lucy

Me again, just a copy of the training (2 weeks) we agreed on which starts on Wednesday,lets see how the first 2 weeks go, enjoy !

Jan 6th, 2 mile (hyf)

7th-3 mile easy/rest depending on club night ?

8th-LSR/walk, 6 mile

9th- Rest

10th- 3 mile easy

11th-Rest

12th-Rest

13th- 2 mile (hyf)

14th- 3 mile easy/rest depending on club night ?

15th-LSR/walk 7 mile

16th-Rest

17th-3 mile (hyf)

18th-Rest

19th-Rest

20th-2 mile (hyf)

Notes:

(hyf) how you feel, but if possible try to run these at a faster pace than your long runs.

Go Girl !

• Well, more snow due in and so the 2m (hyf) will be interesting...Not even contemplating the 6m on Friday.image

Have been given permission to use school playing field to run around and around and around and around and around if I get desperate. Not sure what my son will make of mum going past his classroom a trillion times though!

MIght have to hire that treadmill after all...

• DOSSER?

I haven't heard that insult since school.......

Yeah, well, I might have a 2 day rest but I then am going to have to put nose to the grindstone big style.

Anyway - can't run Mon/Tues cos of stupid work/dark thing. Goodness knows how I'd fit training in if I worked all week *shudders at thought*

Am I excited? Yup. Just itching to get started.....

• Hmmm... I sort of want to follow your plan a bit, but 3 times a week (since I do a lot of 'crosstraining' as part of my work), translating it into time rather than distance, and I'm a little behind on the long runs...  Do you know how long your long runs are going to get at the end?  I was sort of aiming to go to 18-20 miles (4-5 hours since I'm aiming to do the marathon in 6)
  • Should get the shoes tomorrow - I have to use rock hard orthotics so I'm used to having very little cushioning. Not used to surfaces other than road though.

• *scampers back after checking 'the plan*

At the moment, Paul has put  2 x 18m in and 1 x 20m (3 weeks before).  I wouldn't have thought that will change as long runs are such a key session. I didn't do more than 20m long run in training last year either.

• spinkletoes wrote (see)

DOSSER?

I haven't heard that insult since school.......

Swot used to be worse, although we're all that now and proud!

Rowan, I read in my training bible that a training run of up to 20 miles was more than enough.  After that, the risk of pre-race injury outweighs the benefits, and besides the atmosphere will carry you through the last six miles of the race itself

• That's what I read (somewhere...) too but couldn't quite arrange the words to explain properly. Cut me some slack - been having adult conversation all day.

Must dash - World's Strongest Man is on. Uggggg!!!!

• spinkletoes wrote (see)

Cut me some slack - been having adult conversation all day.

That's sounds a but rude image I didn't mean it like that. I meant I'd been talking to adults all day, rather than addressing team spinkle (the 2 chimps I live with)
  • Shoes? oh, erm, adidas (not because of the sponsorship) Kanadia. Primarily because they came in my giant flipper size, had ma-hoooo-sive grips on the bottom and were £40.

Still toying with the treddie, but will see how these suckers work out first.