The 2010 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Pisa never happened image

Race was cancelled but I never made it out of Heathrow anyways and to top it all off I was ill over the weekend . imageimageimage

• Get well soon Gobi, Mr Spoons and Joe!

Good news HY4.

Out last night to do 8 - 10 miles and only did 4. Snow so slippy I just could not do anything meaningful. image 5 miles on TM this morning. Hope that by tomorrow night the pavements will be clearer.

Love the photos!

How is the weather with you NP, been hearing on the news of very low temperatures in N Ireland.

F

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    that sucks Joe

Feeling a little better today so did a light turbo and will be running on the treadmill later.

Be careful out there
  • I'm feeling worse again today. This is getting annoying. I keep getting better and then getting worse again. Stupid virus can't make it's mind up! I think I'll have another night off and go to bed early.
  • Freemers - I'm only too happy to run in the snow but can't do it fast enough image

*Passes the Lemsip round the sickbay*

• Bridget - as long as it's not "Night Nurse". The only time I've felt properly rough and almost halucinogenic was after taking some of that stuff. Steered clear of it since image

Spoons - it's all the dark runs at night. Virus is obviously waiting behind the odd tree to trip you up!

Seriously though, hope all of you feeling under the weather get well before Christmas.

3.6 miles including a couple of hills from the normal Tuesday Hill Repeats today. More of a sojourn to check road condition but quite pleasant all the same and nice to get a bit of fresh air at lunchtime.

• 8 miles at dark O'CLOCK -15 thought it was cold but not that cold till I set of for work in the car, saw the eclips of the moon, very nice. 5 miles treadmill tonight at work.

Joe sorry about your marathon miles in the bank.

Gobi sounds like yours was just a 24hr bug.

Fiona hope it warms up soon, talk of -20 to -26 coming our wayimage even with two pairs of gloves on my fingers where very cold today. It didn't get over -11 today here.

USB how you going to fit all them rest days in on that plan?????????

Mr Spoons get well soon.

Tom looks like you had a good holiday good luck with the dreadmill.

Jason great photos but the ice age here has killed everything off.

Jayc well done with getting out in the fresh air

• NP - did you say -26?!!!

I'm in bed, still training, reading my advanced marathoning book lol.

I have lemsip, lockets, fishermens friends, cough medicine etc.

I think I shall have a few days off. Even if I feel better just to make sure.
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Joe,

What a pain.  Are you sble to get a refund on the flight?

Mr Spoons,

Do you think it could be swine flu?

Fiona,

Thanks.

• Hi HY4 - yep probably swine flu

Feel free to send chocolates, grapes, flowers etc.

Seriously, I haven't a clue. I may take a sicky tomorrow and have a day in bed. I think every time I feel OK I go for a run in sub zero temperatures and make myself ill again.
  • I hope you all get better. ( Spoons/gobi/joe etc)  A lot of illness about.

Some funny photos too..

-26 sounds very cold NP. 

Its not great for running here and Have been at work all day. I did speed march through the snow for 45 mins with backpack on. It did build up a sweat, but I am not sure that properly counts as training. Some core training again this evening. Will try the gym tomorrow. 

Sounds like your improving slowly but surely HY4...

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

NP,

Hope it warms up soon.

AGF,

Thanks.

• No Pain wrote (see)
    USB how you going to fit all them rest days in on that plan?????????

By being disciplined of course image

Actually today was supposed to be a rest day but tomorrow is the last day the gym is open till Monday so I have to do some shifting of runs to escape the snow.

• Proper rest is what you need Mr Spoons. When you think you are well take one extra day off!! Chocolate sould also help.

Hope you are well on the mend Gobi and Joe.

I took Night Nurse for about a year when I had insomnia issues and it worked but always felt wrecked in the morning!! Now I just run. image

That's proper cold NP. -20 in Aviemore this morning but only -9 in Inverness, tropical compared to you!  Gloves did not come off on the TM this morning. Did 30 mins on turbo last night, a bit half hearted. 5 miles on TM this morning with 4 at 6:52mm pace, felt good.

That walk sounds like training AGF.

F

• image What Fiona said Mr Spoons.....especially the chocolate.

Lots of colds going around work. Touch wood and fingers crossed it has missed me...

Wow -20 is bliddy freezing NP! Our car said -10 last weekend which is the coldest it has ever been, and that was bad enough. Brrrr....

10K for me this morning, increasing the pace from 12kph up to 14kph each KM, and then back down again, with warm up/down either side. A sort of made-up pyramid I guess. I had to do it first thing because we have our team christmas lunch today....we're going to a Turkish restaurant, very festiveimage

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL NP - no I have been getting worse since last week and yesterdays false dawn sees me with really sore legs from training last night.

Bridget - contact from Bud yet ?

Get well or get wrapped up everyone
  • I dragged myself into work today but still feel rubbish.

Snowing here.

Nice pyramid Freemers (although I'm not sure what kph are!)
  • Gobi - not unless there is anything in my emails at home

Thought I was getting a reasonable drive into work this morning until I got close to Northampton.  Around 20 miles in 35 minutes followed by 3 miles in 40 minutes!

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Gobi,

Hope you feel better soon.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Bridget - seems very strange, have others had mentor contact ?
  • I'll have to check their threads but they hadn't last time I wandered around.  May have to start chasing
  • Seems odd Bridget

( Still on my deathbed )
  • Forced rest day today was out for a couple of hrs up to midnight then out for 3 1/3hrs from 4am -16 and bloody cold feet have only just regained any sort of feeling.

Fiona well done with your sessions on the treadmill.

Gobi and Mr S get well soon.

• Forced rest day here too.  The gym shut up shop early image  As I was aiming for a couple of miles at 9.44 mm there was no point in trying to hit the road.  Will do a slow run outside tomorrow as the gym is now shut till Mnoday
  • USB Just take care on the roads, not as cold here tonight just -11.
  • Hello again too many sick people here Get well all

No Pain  like the way you said that just -11

Im gearing myself up for London though training has been slack due to work and stuff

• It's strange how all things become relative.  'Only' -11, 'only '15 miles image
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done to those who've done some training.

--------

Bridget,

Couldn't agree more.  I had a surprise this morning when I looked at the weather app on my phonr this morning.  It's saying 9c for Monday, that's almost tropical!  I'm sure it's going to change.

• We are still all ill in the house of Spoons