Ridgeway Challenge 85

12345679»

Comments

• Results have been finally uploaded to the TRA website here - ridgeway results

However unless you came 1st , 2nd or 3rd overall or in your category (very well done to you all) they don't offer any insight into your actual finishing position on the day.... you would think that this piece of vital info is what competitors are particularly interested in!

The Hall of Fame shows your aggregated position over all the years that the event has taken place. So whoopie do I'm the 59th fastest person to ever run the ridgeway. what a useless piece of info. What was my finishing position ....thats all i want to know! !!  (toys now put back in pram image

• Stuart , you came 23rd
  • I make it that Stuart came 22nd and we were 66th equal out of 88 finishers.

Would similarly love to know how many starters there were though. And pictures in a Flash gallery? How am I meant to appropriate them for my own nefarious purposes? 

Well done again to all who took part.

• Fur enuff, I was just glancing at another Forum where Mr Immune had punblished them assuming he had (too much) time on his hands to do a table of it. Here is what he provided us:

List

• I am rubbish and can't count/use a spreadsheet. Mr Immune's list is correct.
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

If last year is anything to go by we will get incredibly comprehensive results emailed to us, showing split times, race position at each CP,  and even number of minutes spent at each CP.  They might not come for quite a while yet, though.

• Anthony emailed me back today after I enquired if the full results would be uploaded. Indeed they will be. He's busy moving house at the mo but just needs to double check results before they are released.

Would be well happy with 23rd if that tells out to be the case. I won't get too excited until official results are released!
  • Just checked that link to other forum. Thanks mr immune for that. I hadn't thought to do that. Very clever. Cheers
  • No problems, very good result Stuart, well done. Out of interest how did you find the TR24, is it a good event as i had thought of doing it myself this year, but didn't get round to it.
  • Well pleased with 35th, though I don't understand why I'm not joint 24th with Robert Edwards considering we crossed the line together... hey ho!

Btw - I saw talk elsewhere, Mr Immune, Jerry and Rob, that you are thinking of the Thames Trot in February. This is very much on my to-do list as it goes right past my house and I just missed out on entry last year.

I do a lot of training on the Thames Path, so can vouch that it's largely scenic and mostly flat - there are a few surprises though!

• Robby

I am just getting "top permission" from Mrs J and will probably be seeing you at TT

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

For those who haven't looked results are out. Not as comprehensive as 2009 but still all the split times.

An apology to Lizogical.  I am down as coming in four minutes before you when I clearly came in after you.  I think RO has made a transcription error when compiling the results, putting 50 for my minutes instead of 56.  Will be emailing him telling him it was a mistake. 

Results confirm I was the last finisher from the 1200 start.  Robby E you came 25th - alphabetical order?  Don't know.  Don't usually have tied places in races.  You must have been pleased with your time.

Looking forward to next year already.  Looking to knock at least five hours off this year's time!

• Great breakdown of results! Thanks very much to the organisers for all their hard work on the day and after!
  • All been a bit quiet in this thread - anyone else doing it this year (again or for the first time?)
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Hello DO.  I'm in again for 3rd year in a row and looking forward to what has become my favourite event.

Have spent all my time since Oct 2010 putting up with achilles tendonitis and so I won't be knocking five hours off last year's time at all!  I'll be happy with anything under 24 hours.

• Excellent news - wondered if you might be doing it again. I'm hoping to run more of the second half this year to see if I can shave some time off as long as it's not at the expense of finishing.

Looking forward to it! image

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    A new thread has started over on the ultra topic so perhaps we can post over there?