3 miles turbo =1pt
15 mins turbo =1pt~
Nowt for the treadie

Monthly totals please and a new start the 1st of  each month

Bring it on.....

Comments

• Hi Plum,

what is turbo

• Plum - for the newbies amongst us, please could we have a few more details.  I guess you accrue points for training (surely against the Pirate Ethos image), but is there anything else we should know?
  • whats a Plum?
  • Seems simple enough... Can I have part points for swims under 400m... Considering I haven't been to a pool in 2 years now!.. Or will I have to become imaginative with my training log?
  • ask away.........

I thought it was pretty simple even for Schminkees but here we go.  image

you get a point for every mile you run, every 400metres you swim or every three miles you cycle, added in this year after consultation and nagging you can have points for mileage/time on the turbo as well so....

if on Monday you get up and swim 2k then do a 5 mile run then a 20 mile bike ride you get  

5pts for the swim (400 x 5 = 2000) 
    5 pts for the 5 mile run
    6 pts for the 20 mile bike...... No you cant have 6-666, if you want 7 pts do the extra mile FFS  image

So for Monday you get 5 +5 +6 =16 points......

If you do the mileage on the turbo you get the same point for every three miles but as some of us cheapskates dont have a thingy for measuring turbo mileage (is is my birthday in January) you get a point for every 15 mins you spend sweating your cods off

• The winner will as usual be K9 unless an arm drops off so the race is on for second......image
  • Youre not seriously telling me K9 does more training than KK!

• and how do you know that I wont win image
  • If you do Barlos, I promise to hold down the woman of your choice for you to have your evil way with .........

............. dont worry girls your virtue is safe as houses 

• History dictates ...
  • I only really do lots of swimbling

honestimage

• Plum wrote (see)
    ask away.........

I thought it was pretty simple even for Schminkees but here we go.  image

I like to make sure I know EXACTLY what I am letting myself in for image
  • Plum wrote (see)

If you do Barlos, I promise to hold down the woman of your choice for you to have your evil way with .........

............. dont worry girls your virtue is safe as houses 

You took the words right out of my mouth there, Plum
  • "lots" is a bit of an understatement dear.......

A migrating Pacific salmon would be a few points behind you

• Can I have triple points for 25m swimbles coz I am mega-sh1te? image
  • nope........ just do lots of them
  • i have decided to taper today so I'll do my long run tomorrow......might even get in the lead until K9 overtakes as usual......

(ok, i actually had too much red wine last night and caught the tube in instead of running into work.......)

Schmunkie - its just another training thread really, where we play chase the K9.......   just join in and join the 'fun' ! 

Don't be intimidated by the numbers that other post because

• k9 is half (dog) fish?? and has to swim 5k every day to stay alive
    • some people are exercising way to much at the moment, and are heading for burnout (err thats me i think)
    • everyone has different targets / time available so the only numbers that matter are your own..... (sounds very worthy that  image)
    • some of us lie....... image  (ok we don't really).
  • orange cannon wrote (see)
    Don't be intimidated by the numbers that other post because
    • k9 is half (dog) fish?? and has to swim 5k every day to stay alive

I can only dream image

• and whatever Plum says...............I use fractions of points.............if I swim 100m then thats .25 points.if I run .4 of a mile then that is .4 of a point....................I don't get enough points to miss those little fractionsimage

right off to plan a 100 mile bike ride for tomorrowimage at 1 am to get to the fronmt of the board for a few minutesimage

• and my excuse ofr small totals is that I'm only running at the momentimage
  • I'm with Seren, I need all the fractions I can get .  And my excuse for small totals is that I'm inherently lazy image

Planning on starting the new year with a parkrun tomorrow and a 10 miler on Sunday.   Ony time will tell if I actually achieve both.image

• nothing for the treadmill, are you kidding me?????? Good job the running tights still have the gusset in them!!!
  • Treadie running is for Gaylords, you can always run outside, you just need spikes occasionally   image
  • Plummy Dahling - are there any points up for grabs from spinning classes?  Are they exempt or treated the same as turbo/bike (altho no method for measuring distance!) Maybe points per class?
  • orangecannon - 9

Am i the only sad bugger doing something today..??
    afternoon run - cut short as darkness fell on the forrest...... (I struggled getting up this morning)

• Am i the only sad bugger doing something today..??

No, I went out for a little bimble this morning

orangecannon - 9
    Trickster - 4

• orangecannon - 9
    Trickster - 4
    Trogs - 3.1

Nope, you're not alone.  

Parkrun'd this morning achieving a PW; looking at it in a more positive light, I've not run this for over a year so it's a SB image.  Doesn't bode well for the 10 miler on Sunday though image

Edit for cross post

• orange cannon wrote (see

orangecannon - 9

Am i the only sad bugger doing something today..??
    afternoon run - cut short as darkness fell on the forrest...... (I struggled getting up this morning)

Nope very cold run approx 6 miles for the Annual run up Brown Willy in Cornwall lovely run with around 100 other sad buggersimage