for all new runners ..... (part 2)

1414243444547»

Comments

• Hi Eckytump!

I'm planning to enter the Battersea Halloween Howler 5k in a couple of weeks but my right calf has been hurting since the race on Sun so am hoping that heals quick so I can train for this one... I also need to find a good method of getting rid of stitches as at the moment, if I push myself too hard I tend to get a stitch pretty quick image

I know the smart idea would be not to push myself too hard but i'm still learning my ideal pace image
  • Knock Knock...............helloooooooooooooooooooooo image hey guys, you still here? Long time no speak!!!!

I've been a bad girl and run about 4 times this year! image The podge has to stop ( i have been very busy climbing but i have to start running and racing again)

Soooooooooooooooooo - first run tonight just a simple 2 miler to get things moving again and a 10k pudding run race before xmas should get me going and meet up with old running pals.

I've missed you guys! image Ecky.....you still keeping this thread going?  Waves to all the old peeps from many moons ago image

• CHEEEEEEEEETARA We have missed you.Where you been.

I have missed everyone from here too. How is the climbing going? I must admit I have been obsessed with running but then I dont really do anything else.

Hope your run went well tonight. I want to do a Christmas run this year.I fancy the Rudolf run.I may even dress up image

I have the Birmingham HM in just over a week.Im so exited now.

• Hello cheetera, long time no see, I posted a few weeks ago as no one had written on the thread since March and slowly but surely everyone is coming back
    Hope your 2 miler went well xx

I went for my first run on thurs, about 3.5 miles which was first run in 10 days after the flu and it went really well so will head out again tomorrow

Baby sitting the niece this weekend and have lion king in 3d today so really looking forward to that and making pumpkin lanterns later as well, fun, fun, fun
  • Morning Chicaboo

Well done on getting back out after the Flu.Glad it went well.Sounds like you are going to have a lovely weekend too.

I managed a 10 miler yesterday along the canal so nice and flat. Only 8 sleeps till the Great Birmingham HM now and I'm sooooooooo exited.

Oh well better get back to the housework.image

Hope everyone has a good day.

• 3.5miles at lunch tomorrow, can't wait x
  • Run went well yesterday, 3 miles again today and then 6 on Sunday

Hope everyone is well xx
  • Well done Chicaboo. Sounds lie the running is going well.

I did the Birmingham HM last week and have been resting since. I was chuffed with my time of 2.17 as was in costume of a Star cape and a Headband with Stars on.

I will try for a run tomorrow tbh I have had no motivation this week at all.

• Ecky, fantastic time on the hm, how is the running going now?

I ran 6 miles weds eve in 57 mins which I was pleased with, did 3.5 at lunch yest and then 6 miles tomorrow
  • Running is going good thanks.Im hoping to do a long run tomorrow as booked up for a 10 mile Pudding run in Dec.

Well done on your 6 miler thats a really good time too. Sounds like you running is going well too.

• 6.5 miles today, running going well
  • Well done Chicaboo.

My running is slow at the moment as no races booked so just ticking over now till next year.

My Daughters have started coming running with me so we just do a mile loop and then I drop them home and go back out again but have only been managing 3-4 although a bit pacey.

• Just ticking over myself til the winter is past, getting out 3 times a week, 2 three and a half miles and one six miler, will do til the frost and ice passes xxx