Pirate Water Bottles

What do you reckon?  I guess we don't need Pirate branded waterbottles, but there's many things we don't need but it's ok to have.  I was thinking a small amount can go to cover the psof website hosting costs.  The costs aren't a problem at all but it'd be cool if it was self sufficient.

Anyway, would people buy a yellow water bottle with black skull on it? 

secondly, anyone know any good people who'll custom make em and perhaps even manage the money/distribution side.

was thinking about an 800ml bottle, say around 4.99

probably won't put psof on the side so that james martin can't track us down

Comments

• I like the ideaimage
  • image mmm not sure about the idea saying that I'd be interested. Is anyone going to do the pirates bluffs ordering again? With the weather how it is last few weeks been kicking myself for missing out.
  • Oooooo, I like the osund of that esp as The New Barley is black.  Gonna look so kewl! image

• We got some sports bottles made for the various sports teams at my previous school.  The bottles were 750ml, 2 colours and cost about £2 (but we don't pay VAT as a school).  From what I remember there was a minimum order of about 200-250 though.  I could e-mail the old head of PE and find out more if you like.
  • JD it had never occurred to me about the PSOF hosting costs. I know you say they aren't a problem, but I'd be happy to chip in anyway, as I'm sure would others, not fair for you to be paying for it as well as doing all the work! image

• Cake wrote (see)
    image mmm not sure about the idea saying that I'd be interested. Is anyone going to do the pirates bluffs ordering again? With the weather how it is last few weeks been kicking myself for missing out.

I was kicking myself for missing out on the previous order..........which is why after 12 months I ended up organising an order..........

I was lucky that all 106 sold well.

I wouldn't think we would have much problems in selling 200 water bottles as we would probably want a couple each.image

• count me in  image
  • I'm a sucker for bottles - we must have 20 or so in our house !

I'll take 4 off your hands.
  • At the risk of being bullied by Meldyimage, shall I start a list? *Dons halo and turns into list fairy*

Water Bottles
    Seren
    Schmunkee
    Meldy

• Spoke to my ex colleague, apparently the minimum order is 150.  They bought the 1 litre bike bottles which cost £2 each for one colour which is what we would need, and they had to pay £50 to set up the artwork.  Delivery to the school was free, so you would then have to add on postage to deliver to people, no idea how much it costs to pack and send a water bottle.  The 750 ML is 10p cheaper as well apparently. And they are the ones that don't contain the bad plastic stuff as well.

Hope that helps.

• i've got millions of bottles too cougie!

DTB, Ultra Cake Pim.p wrote (see)

JD it had never occurred to me about the PSOF hosting costs. I know you say they aren't a problem, but I'd be happy to chip in anyway, as I'm sure would others, not fair for you to be paying for it as well as doing all the work! image

really, it's no problem at all, the Mrs's paid image

when the current hosting runs out we'll host it for free with Don i reckon.  so that'll just leave teh minimal charge to register the website address every two years.

mostly i felt it was a rite of passage to do a pirate kit order of some type given i've been around a few years now.

• Shiva wrote (see)

Spoke to my ex colleague, apparently the minimum order is 150.  They bought the 1 litre bike bottles which cost £2 each for one colour which is what we would need, and they had to pay £50 to set up the artwork.  Delivery to the school was free, so you would then have to add on postage to deliver to people, no idea how much it costs to pack and send a water bottle.  The 750 ML is 10p cheaper as well apparently. And they are the ones that don't contain the bad plastic stuff as well.

Hope that helps.

thanks shiva, that does sound good.  i reckon 750ml are the ones to go for as 1000ml are difficult to fit in if you've got a small/compact frame.
  • Water Bottles
    Seren
    Schmunkee x2
    Meldy
    Cougie x4

• Water Bottles
    Seren
    Schmunkee x2
    Meldy
    Cougie x4
    Ditchy x2
  • So if you say each one is £2.50, there will be a bit left over to contribute to hosting costs. At a guess postage should be less than £1?  

Water Bottles
    Seren
    Schmunkee x2
    Meldy
    Cougie x4
    Ditchy x2
    flyaway x2

(PS: I think cougie's house is where waterbottles go to die, actually!!)

• Water Bottles
    Seren x2
    Schmunkee x2
    Meldy
    Cougie x4
    Ditchy x2
    Flyaway x2
  • if they come before an event like Bala then a lot of postage can be saved and the excess money can go to the fund
  • The company is called Wildoo.co.uk, I sent them an e-mail and they have got back to me with prices.  Message me with your e-mail address and i'll forward it onto you.  By my estimation the cost price per botlle will be £2:33 for 150 + delivery to people.  You can then add on whatever to cover the website costs.
  • Good thinking Seren!image
  • oops, cross post, those wildoo ones look good too. As long as it's a screw top lid and not a push on one like you get at some races which leak everywhere. image
  • image If canny might work out a lot cheaper to just target a few pirates to take to some of the tri's we are all down for and only post out a few of them? Unless you all want to pay for my annual bonus? Hopefully I will get one this year. Please god can I get one. fingers, leges and image crossed.

Water Bottles
    Seren x2
    Schmunkee x2
    Meldy
    Cougie x4
    Ditchy x2
    Flyaway x2Cake x2
  • Water Bottles
    Seren x2
    Schmunkee x2
    Meldy
    Cougie x4
    Ditchy x2
    Flyaway x2
    Cake x2
    Gazmanmeister x4

• Water Bottles
    Seren x2
    Schmunkee x2
    Meldy
    Cougie x4
    Ditchy x2
    Flyaway x2
    Cake x2
    Gazmanmeister x4
    Little N x 2
  • Also JD if you have a paypal account people can pay you through that and save themselves postage on the cheque

Not trying to do you out of your annual bonus, Cakey.  Honest image

• Water Bottles
    Seren x2
    Schmunkee x2
    Meldy
    Cougie x4
    Ditchy x2
    Flyaway x2
    Cake x2
    Gazmanmeister x4
    Little N x 2
    Barley x 4
  • Water Bottles
    Seren x2
    Schmunkee x2
    Meldy
    Cougie x4
    Ditchy x2
    Flyaway x2
    Cake x2
    Gazmanmeister x4
    Barley x4

Little N x 2
    Magna Carter x 2

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • imageimage I'll deal with you later Schmu!!!

Paypal probibly a lot better all round I don't even have a cheque book anymore and don't think I'll be the only one.

• dont' forget to check the paypal fees though, and add them in! image