White Peak Marathon and Half-Marathon

Comments

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    ROFL, ahhh yes, t t t t t training..whats that then??
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Well, Ive just enquired about availability of places for this year (late I know, but have had a few changes in my diary).
    Have been told that the event is full unless im a 2hr30 runner, in which case they'd have accepted my entry!!??
  • clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    hi Mr F and welcome. It does fill quickly, but hang around here and you may pick up someone who pulls out. It is a very popular race because it rocks and limited numbers are required in order to manage the event successfully and respect the other users of the footpaths/trails it is run on. The RO and his team do a fab job and it would become a logistical nightmare if it was over subscribed...and wouldnt be as much fun.
  • proper boproper bo ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what refreshments are on the course, gels etc?
  • clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    water and squash i think, and whatever you take with you image
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Have done it 3 out of the last 4 years Clairster, just a little slow off the mark this year!
  • I went running in the Peak District with 3 blokes from my running club on Sunday, we did 16 miles and for the last 2 days my legs have been in agony, feel like I've ran a Marathon, can't walk down the stairs unless it's sideways or backwards!  Good training though!

I hope everyone's training is going well.

• We are nearly there folks, arent we? Last haul next week after Sheffield Half, then taper time I reckon-if I've got my training plan rightimage. Not had a chance to go for a recce yet, but I'm sure it will be fine...

How are all you getting on with training?

Cheers for now

Brer

• I'm a bit worried as in the last few weeks we've booked a holiday to Italy (to get married, just the 2 of us!!), we are due to get back Thursday night, and the Marathon is on the Saturday - that's if we can get there.  We may have to drive which means I'll have to pull out.
  • clairsterclairster ✭✭✭

Hi Claire - great training image flights are looking better now arent theyso dont panic image and congratulations image

Hi Brer - good te see you again, is the SNOD thread keeping you entertained..I cant keep up with all the posts image

Mr F - ahh, well as I said, hang about and you may be able to get a place.

• Hi Clairster-yes, mad people on Snod thread do keep me very entertained and they certainly recommend you as the guru of this marathonimage.
  • Thanks Clairster, yes should be okay, shall be able to eat loads of pasta at least, just need to be careful with the alcohol intake!
  • Looking forward to this immensely image
  • Did a nice 10 miles today , felt quite good, even ran a 10k pb, sub 45 the other week so the training must be helping. Still my first marathon so I'm not sure what time to aim for.
  • Just aim to finish and enjoy the day Webby1, it's going to be a PB anyway.image
  • I am just planning to enjoy the day-did Sheffield Half yesterday and it was very hot so am mindful of how hot it could be for this event. Are there sufficient water stations folks, or do I need to buy a hydration thingy-cant stand the thought of having one.. but if needs be. Advice and thoughts form veterans of this course readily acceptedimage

Cheers guys

Brer

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭

what muzzy said webby, just enjoy the day..you have done all the hard work now image

well done BR, it was a warm weekend for sure. I think the water stations are listed ont he website, I always carry my own water as you never can be too sure. camelbak do a great waistpack called the catalyst, i used to hate hydration packs but this one really works for me. I should think you would be ok though image

FR - me too image

so we must be hitting longest runs time, hows everyone doing??

• Halstead marathon a week Sunday as a warm up image
  • clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    top stuff FR, windermere as a warm up for me image
  • imageCheers for advice Clairster re hydration bag.

Last 22 miler for me on Saturday, Half marathon at Hinckley next weekend then nearly taper timeimageimage

Still not over sure what to expect form this event-low key and countryside-lovely...I just hope it is a friendly and supportive atmosphere as it is only my second marathon!image

Cheers

BR

• I'm hoping to run the first half sensible enough so that I can enjoy the second half image
  • clairsterclairster ✭✭✭

Hi BR..as it is a smaller field it is very friendly. sure you may have periods running by yourself, but the marshalls/drinks stations are very friendly and what you'll notice is that if some runners around about your time have supporters following them round, they pop up at allt he little access points, so you start to see the same faces over and over again image What  time are you going for??

FR - I like the last 1/3rd...zoom zooom zooooom all the way down hill image

• Agree Clairster, downhills near the end are great, though I have cramped up at the bottom of the last one before. Then that last mile along the canal seems to go on for ever !!

Did London mara on sun, so looking forward to there being a smaller field. It's always interesting, remember one year there being a horse event on the trails at the same time !

Can't wait. image

• Hi Guys...I know I'm leaving it a bit late, but I could do with replacing my off road shoes, went for a long 18 mile run in them and they've had it really.

Fancy a change, can anyone recommend any?

Thanks

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    Claire - if its for White Peak, I ALWAYS do i t in road shoes. I love inov8s, if you like cushioning etc try the roclite 320
  • Hi Clairster-I'm starting to look forward to this now, it just seems so long since I entered that I have been engrossed with other thingsimage

Anyway, regarding time to finish- just want to enjoy it. Did Snowdonia Marathon in 4hrs, 11 mins and am assuming I should be a bit faster now with a bit of experience behind me, but if not, so what??

Cheers for now

BR

• Question for Ian Milne.....

Hi Ian, what are you like for transport out to the start of the Half ?

I'm now thinking of coming over on the bike and using your transport, but if you are still struggling then I will stick to the original plan of using my car to the start then cycling back.

Muzzy.

• Hi everyone....just done the Uttoxeter Half today, chuffed to bits as got a PB!  (also our ladies from my running club, came first!)

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭

You should storm this one then BR..much easier course image and yes it doesnt really matter image..I will be plodding along and just enjoying it image

awesome running Claire, huge well done image