Fleet Pre-London Half-Marathon 2010

Like an idiot I delayed entering this as there was a closing date in February but now I see that its closed to entries as race limit has been reached.Should've known better!!

Anyone who can no longer run I'd be very grateful if you could contact me!

Comments

• Me as well please...

Nicky...

• Are you sure it's closed?    If you go directly to the Fleet Half Marathon website it says......

"Entries for the ASICS Fleet Pre-London Half Marathon are now open. No more on-line entries are being accepted".    Underneath that there's the option to download a postal entry form.

• This is what it says on their home page.I have sent an email to the race director asking for clarification and asking for permision to ask around for a spare entry.It would be helpful if they would update their website as promised!

'15th January 2010 - Online entries for the ASICS Fleet pre-London Half Marathon are now FULL. We are currently assessing if there are any remaining postal entries available and the website will be updated in the next day or so to indicate how many places remain if any. Please do not send any further postal entries until the website has been updated.

Penny Abbott
    Race Director'
  • That's a bummer, the way i read it was that their postal entries are still open.    Personally i would send in a postal entry then your cheque will be first in the queue if there are any places available.   They can always destroy it if there aren't.

• '24th January 2010 - Online entries for the ASICS Fleet pre-London Half Marathon are now FULL. A few postal entries are still available.

Penny Abbott
    Race Director'

Woo hoo!! Entry in the post today!

nicky napkins hope you see this or check their website!

Maybe my mention on here helped as I was beginning to think they'd forgotten to update the site!

Lady wot Jogs,thanks for your replies!Are you running this one?
  • Website still showing that there are a few postal entries still available!Probably not many left though..

nicky napkins hope you got your entry off!!

• Hi Susie, yes, i entered within 2 days of the on-line entries being opened up.   I left it too late last year and missed out. 
  • Fingers crossed for you Susie.  I don't think you'll get a response from the race organisers so you'll just have to keep an eye on your bank account to see if cheque cashed or not, well that's how they worked last year.
  • image susiebe...... did you get in?

• does anyone know whether there is a profile of the race in terms of any ups and downs?
  • The profile on RW says Flat, but then so did Wokingham profile, but that had "ups and downs".     I live in Farnborough so guess i should do a training run round the Fleet area sometime so i can prepare myself for another flat course....... with hills  image 
  • Lady wot Jogs

Hi,good news the £18 was taken from my account so I"ve got a place...yippee!

This will be my third HM.i did Reading HM last March then Royal Parks in Oct. Have a pb of 2hrs 29mins so aimming to beat that!Not the quickest but don't think I'll be last!

I take it chips and numbers will be sent out nearer the time?

Perhaps I ought to practise some hills too!!

• Hi Susie

That's great news.......... image   Don't worry about time, i'm one of the back runners too.  At my age i'll never break any course records................ and you're right, at 2hr 29mins you wont come in last.

• Silver Fox - there are a few hills but nothing major, I would say 'undulating' in places, certainly no killer hills from what I remember!

My training through the winter has been 90% off-road so anything on road seems a lot easier!

Good luck to all running.

• Ran this one last year for the first time and it certainly felt as flat as they come.

• image You sure about that?
  • Number and chip arrived yesterdayimageGetting excited!

Confused as to whether its going to be flat or undulatingimageDoesn't really matter but keep reading about it being flat but then someone mentioned undulating- though I suppose it would be difficult to run 13 miles without finding a gradient or twoimage

Hope for dry/drizzlely,cool,slight breezey weather-my ideal running conditions!

• A bit late i know but a mate of mine tried to get a place a couple of weeks before the Wokingham Half and has heard nothing. He has emailed them a few times but has to date been ignored.
    Has anyone got a place to sell, i know this is not the right thing to do, BUT, no excuse he's fed up he left it to late and i need a pacer, ( i go off to fast)

HELP
  • Anyone in need of a number for tomorrows race? It's a Female place. Let me know ASAP.
  • Anyone know where the results will be published and if there are any photos available?
  • A bit anxious aren't you Tony image

It was nice to meet up with you again today .....

I have looked on 'Power of 10' but haven't spotted anything yet image

• LOL yes...... I forgot to stop my watch so not 100% sure what time I got....

It was nice to have a chat at the end.....i didnt get a chance during the race.....well done buddy great race....image

• I think I enjoyed this one?  Thanks to the marshalls and organisers.  Am I right that this is the first year that goody bags have not been presented?
  • I missed the goodie bag and the free shirt!!!!! When you finish you need it thrust in your face because I just switch into 'rest' mode image
  • image...... I missed the whole race due to injury image image
  • Lady Wot Jogs

Oh thats a real shameimageHope nothing too serious?Was wondering if you were one of the thousands who overtook meimage

It was a good race though a strange walk through some woods to get to the start!I kind of popped out of the woods then people started running so I did too and then finally went over the start line image

Nice varied course,not hilly but the undulations took their toll and I had a dodgy tummy from 10miles  so lost it in the last 3.1 miles and finished in 2hr31mins which is about 5 mins slower than I wantedimageA bit disappointed as I've been running quicker in training but just an off day.Quite warm too which didn't help.

Hope your injury clears up soon

• I had a good look but didn't see any goody bags or free shirts.  Perhaps they ran out or only gave them to the quicker runners.  Seems unfare if this is the case as we all paid the same entry fee.
  • Old road runner ........... I came in at 1 hr 17 m and they handed free shirts and goodie bags to runners who came in some time afterwards image

Luck of the draw I suppose!
  • Did anyone notice that the distance seemed alittle longer? I clocked 13.29 on he garmin. No goodie bag or t-shirt for me neither. Medal was nice though and a handful of mint humbugs!
  • Annoyingly - and some what un chartitably, Penny Abbot emailed a friend who wanted to transfer her number to me  said this was possible, but some other lady called Lisa  said Na - the runner had to be same sex, and chap called Martyn waffled on about it being aginst the rules. Rubbish! So I didn't risk turning up for nothing. Did anyone manage to transfer a number?