YES!!!

Comments

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭

What no Helmets?

Fat bottom girls they'll be riding all day....

Oh, to be reincarnated as a saddle image

• Would horses be better than bikes.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/galleries/picsday2/190508/nakedhorsesAP_274x350.jpg

• D2D - if you do run sub 20 this week - you should be running well under 1.30 for the half I reckon ?
  • Surely that question falls under the catagory of "asking for advice" and would verge suspiciously close to having a schedule, so you should do whatever you want to do.
  • D2D, here's a thought.
    Why not set up a just giving page for the challenge. You choose the charity and the doubters who are proved wrong come the HM, could donate. I for one would be prepared to commit a wager even tho' I think you'll do it.
    Anybody else think this is a good idea
  • My only worry with that RPP is that we might be encouraging D2D to overtrain ans push herself to run when her body tells her to rest............D2D is walking the thin wire than will give her a brilliant result or a major injury...........I think she has to take the responsibility for which way she goes her self without other factors influencing herimage

I would say go out for a really fast 20 miler D2D..( safe in the knowledge that you will ignore any advice given)image

• Perhaps, but there are enough people offering an opinion against the success. Why not put money where advice/mouth is and cough up if proved wrong.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    D2D -  definitely sounded like a genuine request for advice for a second there!  Personally I like to take the day off before a race of any distance, but at most I would do a very easy 3 miles or so, maybe with some strides thrown in.
  • I think it would be wise to take it easy.

If you going to do a 1 -2 mile speed session and then a bike ride and your legs feel
    stiff. Think about how they going to feel when you aiming for a sub 4 minute per km
    tomorrow. You will have to push hard for the 5km for your sub 20 minute.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

You're doing a speed session tomorrow - 3.1 miles flat-out!!  If you're still feeling stiff from yesterday, just spin them out on the bike and call it a day.

While I'm in the mood, and if you're actually paying any attention to any of this image, the intensity of a 5k race means you should have a damn good warm-up tomorrow before the race, and not just a few strides and a quad stretch. Start jogging and build up to an easy pace run for a good couple of miles.  Do some stretching once warmed-up, then some strides before the start. If you're giving it some proper welly during the race your HR will be 90%+ of max, so you want the heart and lungs to be working already when you're on the start line.

• I have a cold, so I am resting. Does that help?
  • I'm at work with a cuppa, resting?image
  • Yeah, I don't know Phil... better I think, considering the stellar performances she's cracked out to date, to conserve all energy till the gun. In fact, probably best just to stretch, and make sure she gets a good position right at the front, then run like the wind. All that active warm-up stuff only has the potential to tire out our heroine, and then she wouldn't get her sub-19 mins would she?

I'm sure you know best D2D. Don't, for goodness sake, get distracted by other people's well-meaning, but non-specific, spoon-feeding advise at this stage.

• Well, yes flyaway i do see the logic there, but do others?
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    D2D, let's say that events transpire against you, no elite runners turn up and you have to suffer the indiginity and embarrassment of crossing the line first.  I think my last bit of advice on this matter is this: hold your arms aloft in celebratory triumph, but make sure you've shaved your pits and you're wearing your best (waterproof) lippy.
  • I'm excited too...

Will D2D run a sub10 2 miles on the mill today?

Will she set off for a warmup on sunday, only to misjudge the distance and running a 65 minutes 10 miles en route to being 5 minutes late to the start and - full of adrenaline - run an unoffical 17 minutes 5k that sadly shows as 22.xx minutes on the results?

I guess it all hinges on the lipgloss...

PS: a bit mean the other day, D2D. Not as if I came on here and raised expectations...

• I'm sure there will be some runners to follow D2D - you're not as fast as the decent men yet.

I'm running 17 miles tomorrow - so I'm resting tonight. I am looking forward to your race report when I get back after my run though.

Good luck - go easy on the jellybabies ! image
  •  PhilPub wrote (see)

D2D, let's say that events transpire against you, no elite runners turn up and you have to suffer the indiginity and embarrassment of crossing the line first.  I think my last bit of advice on this matter is this: hold your arms aloft in celebratory triumph, but make sure you've shaved your pits and you're wearing your best (waterproof) lippy.

lol

D2D - I'd rest completely today (and in fact I am, as I'm doing Newcastle Parkrun tomorrow),  this will hopefully set you in good stead for the race, especially with you having done quite a hard session earlier in the week.

PhilPub is dead on target with regards to a warm up too - I'd do at least a 10-15 min warm up before the race if possible, and I mean start by going for a slowish jog - looking at around 9:30ish min/miles, then maybe a few strides - that way your heart rate should be slightly elevated when the gun goes off.

• Just meant to add - wishing you all the best of luck, and looking forward to seeing your name appear in the athletics weekly results!
  • BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

I've just read every post in this thread. Fantastic entertainment in a 'freak show' sort of way. Now I really need to do some work. image

Good luck for tomorrow D2D!