YES!!!

Comments

• What's really on trial here is D2D's whacky training regime of going at it hammer & tongs everyday, especially on the Long Scheduled Run.  We need to see how this crazy method of training pans out.  I think D2D should stick to her original plan of a speed session tonight!

But of course...

...as I've said before, I think D2D is actually a sarcastic on-line persona, and the actual runner isn't half as dippy or deaf as she makes out on these fora. I suspect she has been winding us all up for a while now.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a quick time.  If she does come in quick, my troll theory is proved.

(Either way, good luck)

Should the BBC cover MK Parkrun tomorrow?

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    Jokerman wrote (see)

I've changed my target...I don't think you'll break 7min/mile.

That's 21:42!

21:42 would still be a good improvement over her relative performamces at 10K, HM and M. Even a sub 22:30 would be a relative improvement. Sub 20 is a feckin' moon mission. I want to believe it but it seems way too much to improve in such a short time ... one theory is that the google-map images in her area are distorted and giving wrong measurements for her training runs. I genuinely hope I'm wrong and she does pull off a sub 20 ... but ...

• Sandbaggin?, nah..........we'll see image
  • didn't you realise that from the photo a few pages back..............D2Dimage

can someone go and watch the MK park run and time D2D and then post it straiught away on here.............i don't think i can wait till the afternoon when the official results go up...........

D2D have you got a list of excuses lined up incase the day doesn't pan out right........image

I actually do hope you do it but after watching my son and Oh take chunks off week after week and still not quite there..........( and yes my OH has got a sub 3:30 marathon)............i would think it would take a few weeks of doing them to get the feeling for them and your racing strategy right..........

• if she makes, good for her, it she'll stick it to her many know-it-all critics and be able to wind them up to the nth degree

if she doesn't, she'll officially be a thick cunt and totally full of shit

either way it will be totally hilarious

it's a win-win situation!

• H Candy,

Is there still a pink penis painted on the wall of your house? image

• I've seen a couple of people on here who have made good improvements by basically running hard every session. I did something similar when I first started, but theres a massive risk of burning out or getting injured. Its not a cunning plan long term.

Er that couple of people stopped posting after a bit. Either they qualified for the olympic team and havent had the time to post, or they got injured and quit.

Candy - what events are you up for this year ? I've lost track.
  • That's a bit uncalled for isn't it?
  • Not much so far Coug. Pacing London marathon if that counts as an event, and other than that just doing Vegas marathon with Oxy in Dec, then a few nights' partying in Vegas and then stopping off in killington on way back for some skiing. That should be good

Might do Spartathlon in Sep, although got a bit bored of ultras, same old same old, innit

Oh, forgot, doing OMM too. Think that's in Oct
  • Cool - I'll see you in London then hopefully. What group are you pacing ?

Isnt Oxy doing the run relay in Roth ? He's gonna be a racing snake for Vegas !
  • 3 hours.  Not sure if it's red or blue start yet though!
  • All the best for tomorrow D2D, I'm sure you'll do yourself proud.

I'll be thinking of you, but I will be away this weekend so won't be able to check back to find out how you did. Hmph! Is it sad that this bothers me?!

• Good luck .

I did 5k on the treddie in 24 15 tonight. Not that fast, but fast for me.

I'm sure I could have done it a heck of a lot quicker though (whoop).

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    I personally prefer the quietly confident approach myself but each to their own!

Good luck tomorrow D2D.
  • MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭
    Good luck tomorrow D2D! Whatever time you get though, enjoy the race image
  • Don't you worry D2D, I won't be sending you a valentine, unless you actually are a guy in drag.image I have a weird "thing" for men in drag.......

You'll have to let us know what the parkrun is like. I'm tempted to give my local a go, but I'm more concerned about coming last than coming first. image