Options

YES!!!

Comments

• Options
    I think we all have days where it all comes together and we breeze through runs we have previously struggled with!! The thing is to take it as a guide/reference point to use for the future, not to try and repeat/better time after time!!
    Just as we all have bad days when we shouldnt take it too much to heart!!
    Lets hope it comes together for you on ur big day, btw i take it u also did a 10K PB as part of this run??

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

Runnaholic......true.....but if she didn't want responses to her threads she would stop posting them......she would just write it down in a big diary...........

this thread follows from the thread that she is going to train seriously now to get a sub 3:30 thread.........now unless you wanted advice on how to do that..........why would you start a thread stating that you were going to do it.........

or maybe I have missed the idea of the threadsimage

Got to agree with this. If you post, you invite criticism and comment. If you don't want that, don't post.

There's no rule that says we have to agree with what's posted.

• Options
    Oh...sorry, seren nos... I thought D2D was just announcing to the world she did well... I supposed she could have just put it down in MLR rather than in a separate thread if she didn't want to attract too much attention or heated comments/criticisms...image
  • Options
    Runnaholic wrote (see)
    Oh...sorry, seren nos... I thought D2D was just announcing to the world she did well... I supposed she could have just put it down in MLR rather than in a separate thread if she didn't want to attract too much attention or heated comments/criticisms...image

That's generally the point of her threads.

• Options

Runnaholic wrote (see)

That's generally the point of her threads.

• Options

If its worth saying then its worth saying it twice I say CJBA... image  Hey sweetie, how you doing???

• Options

This is brilliant.  If anyone is concerned about the terminology please get it right. 

The correct definition of LSR is long steady run, not the subsequent revisionism from steady to slow.

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    What about long shit run - cos that was mine yesterday image
  • Options

Was it a long-shit run or a long, shit run?

I think technically it would be a SLSR - a shit, long steady run.

• Options

JWrun wrote (see)
    What about long shit run - cos that was mine yesterday image

I had one of those yesterday, but maybe not in the way you're thinking image

• Options
    I hope you kept going Wej. It doesn't count if you stop! image
  • Options

I'm not sure whether we're talking about the same thing, but if we are I'm not sure I could keep going...

I have to rush off into the undergrowth... image

• Options
    Wej wrote (see)

I'm not sure whether we're talking about the same thing, but if we are I'm not sure I could keep going...

I have to rush off into the undergrowth... image

Oh, we're on the same page alright. You should have just pooped yourself so you didn't have to start again!

Actually, I saw a woman who had done exactly that during a marathon (it wasn't you was it, CJBA?image). It really wasn't pleasant, but it made me put on a turn of speed at the end to get away from her. Phew, the smell!

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

o⋅ti⋅ose

ʃiˌoʊs, ˈoʊ
    ti-/ –adjective 1.being at leisure; idle; indolent.2.ineffective or futile.3.superfluous or useless.

Well I never.  D2D's taught me a new word!

Very much looking forward to your run at Milton Keynes, D2D.  If you ran 13.1 miles steady in 1:36, without getting out of breath, you should be on for something considerably faster than 1:30 if you decide to race it.

1:29:59 would've given you a UK ranking of 659th last year - surely worth putting a bit of effort in for?  image

[edit - oops!]

• Options
    If 1.36 is a steady run, then I'd definitely think theres a lot more to come from you D2D.

You should be up amongst the top women in your next half IF your measurements are right.

But I've been running and cycling long enough to know that you rarely get miraculous improvements, and yours seems to have come on in the last month or so. Hang on - have you been chugging back the EPO ? image

Good luck in the half !
  • Options

Pay attention, cougs, it's a 'scheduled' run, not even breathing much at that, nevermind steady.

The real genius is in scheduling the run and remaining schedule-free, but we mere mortals just wouldn't understand...

But I just like to add this to the pile of evidence for the 'full of excrement' interpretation of the D2D phenomenon

• Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    It may be that the way in which you define LSD determines whether you are a competitive racer or a health and fitness recreational runner image

JM, as you rightly say Long Steady Distance was the coining based on Lydiard's approach to running long - an approach which virtually all competitive road racers have adopted. The phrase was cannibalised by an American running journalist, Joe Henderson, to provide palatable consumption for people being drawn into the early 80s running boom. The distinction here is clear: the running version is proposed by the coach, the recreational version is proposed by the journalist. It's also important to note that both paces as defined are totally appropriate to the needs of groups of people they are aimed at. (wouldn't want to sound elitist about this)

Back to topic, with D2D nothing is straight forward - now it seems her avator is digitally enhanced. Whilst it may be a bit churlish to suggest that her 13.1 run is also digitally enhanced, it does seem sensible not to place too much importance on it. It's not clear whether she's comparing her improvement with a previous run on the same route - if she is that's exceptional improvement if not then it's difficult to drawn any significant conclusion.

Perhaps a more modest person would have quietly posted details of that run on the thread that invites you "Had a good run today, tell us about it" rather declaring it as a new PB.

As for the lady herself: delusional (probably), stupid (possibly), tiresome (certainly), but good entertainment value (absolutely) - far better than that bloke with the grecian vases image

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

...maybe you were SO fast because of those fancy-pants new shoes you got?!

You know....these ones?

• Options
    If those shoes help to give you speed, I'm gonna get them...image
  • Options

I'm neither in the camp that D2D has smashed her pb, nor the camp that she hasn't.  I'm in the "I couldn't give a flying fuck" camp. 

Every day I come on here I see you've posted another thread about your favourite subject, which happens to be you! Bore off you self obsessed munter!

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    (Just to clarify - its nothing to do with pooping, just a crappy run, touch wood i've never had to pop to the undergrowth! image)
  • Options
    Jokerman wrote (see)

I don't want to keep getting on your case Moraghan but LSR is long SLOW run. This is the term that is generally now used, stolen and misinterpreted from Lydiards LSD (long steady distance).

Have you been getting on my case elsewhere that I'm not aware of?  It's always seemed like honest debate to me, which is the point of the place.

I can't put my hand on my Lydiard book at present.  I'm sure he talks of a Long Steady Run (as well as the general principle of Long Steady Distance) - and the RW twisted that to be a Long Slow Run, but perhaps he never officially unveiled the LSR as an acronym or perhaps in my old age I'm getting senile. 

Anyway, a lesson for me in not quoting by memory, although to me it will always be a Long Steady Run!

• Options

Blimey, it's Dorian Gray - I could have sworn that you said that you were 24 yrs old somewhere else.

Moraghan wrote (see)
    Jokerman wrote (see)
    perhaps he never officially unveiled the LSR as an acronym or perhaps in my old age I'm getting senile. 

So am I, in that case, LSR for me is a Long Senile Runimage.

I'm doing well, thanks Caz, running my little socks off for RWUK v RWUSAimage.  Glad you're happy with your HM timeimage mind you, with skin like yours, that comment was probably water off a duck's back (metaphors well and truly mixedimage). 

• Options
    Devoted2Distance wrote (see)
    To me it'll always be Long Scheduled Run

Come on D2D, admit it, you are just trolling now.

At first I thought the TNGM / D2D project was pure troll, then I thought you might be a raving lunatic, but now I can only assume the middle ground; a person with an interest in running, who enjoys winding people up.

Troll!