Options

Cheap Gyms £20 pm

In case anyone is interested, there's a new brand of Gyms nuyuu which start at £20 per month.

Good if you are on a budget or only want to go once a week. I've just joined the one in Slough.

There are only a few locations currently:

East Grinstead
    Livingston
    Newbury
    Slough
    Stevenage

Comments

• Options

there is a cheaper 1 in edinburgh thats open 24hrs a day 7days a week! for £19per month and NO CONTRACT! called Pure gym - there are a few all over the country.

isn't nuyuu owned by one off guys from dragons den ?

• Options

he's jumped on the Duncan Bannatyne band wagon. At Livingston there is a Nuyuu and Bannatynes within 1/2mile off each other.

• Options
    How do you pronounce it?  Like the noise a kid thinks a car makes?  Neeeeeooooow ......
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Brooooom! Broooooom!

That's another noise kids think cars make... image

I think it's more like the pedant's nightmare - 'new you' with an original spelling...

• Options
    That didn't even occur to me Sarah.  What a carp name. image  I want to keep the old me thank you v much James Caaaaaaaaaaaaan.
  • Options

My gym in Ashford is only £20pm although I can only use it between 9am and 4pm but that suits me and I can use the swimming pool in the town centre for free too.

• Options

Be reasonabe, you can't expect a good name or proper spelling for £20 a month.

• Options

I just rang my local council run leisure centre,  I usually run outside and with my husband but we are going to have to miss a few runs in the next week or so and I thought maybe I would be able to fit in some runs on the treadie because I don't like running on my own.   anyway I rang them and the nice lady tells me that because the equipment has changed since I last went I would have to have not one but two induction sessions at a cost of £23 each.  (plus £7.50 for a loyalty card, plus £4 per session.)  Even if I cross my heart and promise not to go near the rest of the equipment I have to go through 2 induction sessions and have a personalised fitness prog mapped out for me. image   By the time I have had my two inductions I'll be back to my usual running anyway.

I just want to pay my money and run on the treadie for a bit.   I do understand that people can't be turned loose to injure themselves by not using the fitness stuff properly but as she said they give you an electronic key thing to activate the equipment I'd thought they could just limit your access to the treadie or whatever.    

Just having a moan.

• Options

You need to come to my gym then, biziliz.  I didn't have to have an induction and there was no joining fee.  They let anyone loose on the machines and there aren't even any instructors walking around.  I like my gym.  It's always empty so I usually get the place practically to myself and there's never anyone in the changing room.

After going to the gym in the City, it's weird.

• Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    My club costs £37 a year, based in a council leisure centre
  • Options
    Sounds like from one extreme to the other.   But yes that sounds much more like what I want.  I don't suppose you are in north wales tho.
  • Options

£37 a year?!!  Ook wins!

Nope, not in north Wales.  Is north Kent any good?  (Actually, I'm not sure if it is north Kent, I'll have to look on a map.)

• Options

Sadly north kent would be a little too far for me to drive today.   Perhaps I'll just go and run up and down the stairs.   

or I may have some very under used fitness videos in the back of the cupboard.  if only I could find my leg warmers.   Perhaps if I joined a knitting forum...

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

I can pay £22/month for the whole family (2 adults and any children under 18 at the same address) to use any of 21 leisure centres in Highland region.

Even further away than North Kent. I suspect.

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    I get my gym membership thrown in with my uni accommodation. Since what I'm paying is about the same as the private lets, I'd say my membership pretty much amounts to being free... image
  • Options

i pay 15 quid a month unlimited! at oxygym.co.uk

• Options
    There is a Gym in North Kent at Deangate Golf course that is council run,called "Echos".It costs £18 a month and you can use the local swimming pool,in village down the road for free, both as often as you like.