8 Weeks to Eastleigh

124»

Comments

• WJHWJH ✭✭✭
    As ready as I can be I guess. My aim is for a first official sub 40 but I have a feeling I won't quite achieve it. We shall see.
  • marty74marty74 ✭✭✭

Think positive. I think belief is half the battle. Its amazing what your body can achieve when you sent your mind to it. As for me, a nice easy 10 in a while then an easy 10k race tomorrrow. Looking forward to running a 10k race with absolutely no time constraints.

Good luck to all who are racing.

• 41'27" - not too shabby all things considered.

I'm definitely on the way back.

• WJHWJH ✭✭✭

Good work Squall, good you are coming back with your form now!

I managed 39"49 on the chip time and 40"09 on the gun time. I will go by the chip time despite the Hampshire Road Race League only going by the gun time for results and season standings because it really is a walk until you cross over the start line due to the large number of people that enter this! I always imagined I would feel great at going sub-40 - it's been a goal of mine for 18 months or so now! But I don't...but that's probably because I still feel a little off form at the moment. I probably shouldn't complain though and hopefully more progression will come over the months ahead. Did a 14 mile run afterwards as part of the VLM training, a group of us ran back to Stubbington so not going to be doing anything else today now!

How did the race go for you Marty?

• marty74marty74 ✭✭✭

Nice one WJH. Now that you have hit sub 40 once, it will be easier next time. The first time is always a bit of a mental hurdle. And then to run 14 miles afterwards. Your VLM training sounds like it is well on track. Bet you can't wait for the taper now eh?

And squall, another good run. As you say, definately on the way back. Another couple of solid consistent months training and you will get under the elusive 40 minute mark again.

As for my race, what joy to just run a 10k race without worrying about times. Set off nice and steady and basically picked the pace up each mile. There was a slight incline (2 lap race so did twice), and just kept picking people off. Time was around 46 minutes. Bit faster than planned but felt nice and easy which was the main thing. Just one more 6 miler either monday or tuesday for me and then the big one next saturday. Getting v excited nowimage

• WJHWJH ✭✭✭
    Hi Marty well done on yesterday! And sounds like you are building up nicely for next week! Yep, can't wait for the taper now...feeling kind of drained out today.....running is the last thing I want to do at the moment, well tonight at least!
  • Well, the Eastleigh 10k went well and I was delighted with a time of 50':45'' - although a bad stitch in the last 500m probably meant I could've been a bit faster! So this is a PB for me (as I have never done a 10k race before!) Have got a few 5k races coming up now so will concentrate on getting my times down and beating my PB of 24':33''.