Forumite Friendship Fun

Comments

• hi achey barkles!

i would guess that the moonwalk will have been a lot to do with lack of sleep and the distance - if you are walking shorter distances i dont think u will need to eat so often - also - if you eat sugary quick release things your blood sugar may drop again and you will get shaky - a good breakfast and a good lunch/evening meal with a decent protein/slow release carbs will probably fuel you better for walking

during trailwalk will be different because it will be coninuous but your daily training sessions wont be

if you are very hungry try and fillup on things like baked potatoes, as they seem more satisfying and add a good chunk of protein as it satisfys hunger more than loads of carbs
  • Well done, Barkles.

Tricky one - you do need to be eating a bit less than you're burning to lose weight, but not so much less that you end up falling down and having to hit the sugar urgently. As your training increases (especially if you can sneak in a spot of speedwork), your ability to burn fat should get better and the wobblies should be less of a problem.
  • I'm definitely off now. The last piece of writing can sit on the hard disk overnight and I'll edit it in the morning.

Nite, all.
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    ta

been to wine rack to intake anaesthetic.

hic

Family away Barkles can play

so he goes to the gym.
  • nite Vrap

Pix - i know there have been times when i have thought i could/should eat more because i was excercising but sometimes it is an excuse to pig out - i guess you have to decide wht is going to be more important to you -losing some more weight - or just doing the trailwalk training

im not saying dont eat - but dont get caught up in the idea that you need loads of extra calories and sugary carbs - youd probably be better with a tuna sandwich or a pnut butter sandwich as it gives extra protein

id guess that you are a bit like me and we have some extra flesh ( i do really pix!) to burn off rather than someone like Vrap who is close to underweight - so we can afford to burn some of that stored fat off
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    off to fiddle with my lap top.. got to get the new Muvo working....

XXs to all.
  • nte barkles - is this your idea of a wild weekend !!
  • Pix

Answered your emails!

Am shattered, obviously my age is catching up with me. Next week will be better though, this week is my worst ever subject. Glenn and Slowboy better watch out, they will be having questions emailed to them!
  • is it real hunger Pix or is it a craving for something - i have noticed that when i get those sort of cravings i eat something carby/sugary and it doesnt really satisfy me so i end up wanting more

porridge is good - or soak some oats in fruit juice and have it like muesli as oats are really good for stabilising blood sugar which might be why you are hungry

you coulsd also try an eat things like omelettes, or boiled eggs for breakky or as a snack as these will help to fill you up - have a good meal the night after your walks and make sure you are well hydrated

• Also flat = VERY good!
  • says me whose still eating chocolate and contemplating going out to get more !!

hi Fi - hows it going
  • Bune

I'm great but very tired after course. Exams will be over in a months time so this will make it better.

Even if I fail at least they are finished until December.
  • EP

I think I eat enough for a whole family of ducks, and we are fatty creatures!
  • beware too much sugar tho - flapjacks are wicked calorie animals - 3-500 a go !!and not very filling - i can eat flapjacks till they come out of my er well anyway!

id give porridge or soaked oats or try - they really do help stabilise enrgy levels