Do you believe in fate

Some things are just meant to be.
Percy Shaw was returning from the pub on dark unlit road and his torch shone on the eyes of a cat walking towards him. That was his inspiration for cat's eyes and he became famous and made a fortune.
If the cat had been walking away from him he would have invented the pencil sharpener.

Comments

• To answer the question, no.

The cat thing was just a chance happening.

• No, dont beleive in fate
    if there was such a thing as fate would we have the ability to choose ?
  • i do when it's conveniant, but sometimes it's just laziness

• I do believe in luck though.
  • Believing in fate is a bit of a cop out, non?
  • No, but I believe in opportunity. Chances are most of us would have seen the cat's eyes and not thought of putting glass balls down the middle of the road.

Random things happen, but "fate" is what we make of them.
  • Well that was a flop - it was meant to be a joke.
  • LOL - well I liked it.
  • I liked the joke too, but thought you were really asking the question as well....oh dear....too early!
  • Was it? Doh!

Er...would you mind awfully if I asked you to explain which part of it is funny? Did the cat's tail have a particularly pointed tip?
  • Bought a smile to my face Neversweat.

Unlike you to be so cutting V-rap
  • well if your attuned to things you cant help noticing the connections - but "fate" as such dunno - is it fate if you get run over by a bus?
  • no it's not fate to get run over by a bus. It's drunkeness
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    good joke

answer to the question, no,

welllll maybe,

ok, you never know
  • Sorry yes - just twigged the relevance of pencil sharpener!
  • don't believe in fate, but definitely believe in karma - i.e. you reap what you sow.
  • I don't beleive in fate or any other kind of school bazaars/jumble sales.
  • yeah I like karma Hilde
  • Chicken karma?
  • Karma , what goes around comes around, oh yes it does <Mercury swings lead weighted sock around >
  • Karma Chameleon?
    Karma Down?
    Karma Ndhaveapint?

• Have you never seen the film Serendipity? Fate MUST exist if Hollywood has made a film based on it.

• Can you really sharpen a pencil like that?

Waapster - no, which is why I will probably be mauled by a tiger on my next trip to the zoo, having just tried the pencil thing out on my own cat.
  • I still can't see what makes you think you can write with a cat's tail, no matter how sharp it is.
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    soaking it in ink, maybe?
  • It's a bumrap....
  • fate... bus... drunkeness. anyone from around here will have heard about the girl who recently fell over pished up, landed with her head off the curb and got it smushed by a passing coach. there are a few flowers up there. bet she didn't contemplate ending it all like that, i wonder what her stars said that day.