Outlaw Volunteers

Comments

• You never know V, if you get yourself over to the Hooters stand, you might get lucky image hehehehe

I'll be there about 1:30-2:00 ish, see you all then, woo hoo. Can't wait!

Night folks xxx

p.s. volunteer info. from Melds is on pg 28 image
  • ..And big thanks to Meldy and Barlos for sorting this all out, great work peeps image am sure it will be very much appreciated by each and every one of the competitors!
  • Bike course over by late afternoon....old, free and single Viking knows where on the run course he is heading!

• Pervert.

Free and single since when ???

• CHECKLIST

Sox
    Undies [fairly clean]
    Shirt
    Brolly
    Loo roll
    Tent n stuff

Sorted image

• Nicko. wrote (see)

CHECKLIST

Sox
    Undies [fairly clean]
    Shirt
    Brolly
    Loo roll
    Tent n stuff

Sorted image

You forgot cake image
  • Adding my name to the list as a definite.  See you there folks.  I'll be leaving Kent at "O-feck-hundred hours" and hope to be there ready to help open up the FS.  Meldy I think I've got your number so will send you a text.

Definite (as can be)
    Aitch - 05.30 - ?? Staying with Becky's friend
    ATOM - 0530 - whenever - Staying with friend.
    Barley - 05.30- 17.00 - camping Sat
    BM Becky - 05.30 - the last person crosses the line - staying with friend
    Ditchy
    HH - 05.30 -end - Hotel sorted
    Hollywood
    Lee the Pea - 05.30 -end of bike station duties, then will watch run - camping Sat/Sun
    Little Sister - 05.30 - End! - camping Maybe Friday, Definitely Sat
    Meldy - 05.30 - the end - camping - sat
    M.itten - - 05.30 - end of bike leg - camping - sat
    PSC - will register and then come out to the FS as driving up from Kent Sun morning
    Mrs SA & Jordy - 05.30 - till at least Hubby finishes, not camping ever, need a lift to aid station
    Saffy Sweet Pea
    Mr SSP 
    Friend of SSP- 05.30 - 17.00 (not camping)
    shuffleBunny5.30 -> end of bike leg.  Camping Sat       Slowtwitcher
    Tired Legs - 05.30 - 17.00 - camping Thu-Mon
    Viking - 05.30 - 17:00 - camping - sat /sun
    Gumps - 05.30 - end. Camping - sat & sun
    Fraggle - not sure times, stayin at dreaded in-laws

Possible
    Mrs Cona - might be up for a shift and some additioinal supporting for the pirates
    IronSherpa
    Rosey
    Purple's Daughter and Boyfriend (for a few hours)
    Ironmin
    BTS & Debbo (possible later)
    Holly_G (and clackers)
    Mr PurpleTriLady
    Nicko [hoping to get up on Sat till Mon] 

• Got to in-laws earlier via Notts to register'n'stuff.

not looking forward to getting up at silly o'clock tomorrow  - see you there image

• We're registered too. Just got home with a rather impressive goody bag image.

See you at the feedstation at 6am.

• anyone know exactly where this feedstation is?  image  There appear to be about a dozen farms in the immediate area!
  • There's a photo a couple of pages back of where Little Sister thought it would be when she went to have a look. There's a large layby on the photo. Also, the lady at the registration desk this afternoon said it is near the Gonalston end of the A612.
  • Thanks. Well must say that the camp site is a jolly place! Everyones in bed! The bass beat from a party somewhere is a tad irritating as are the local boy racers. Ho hum. 530 alarm call then! image

Can't find pirate hq and can't hear Barlos talking/snoring. Then again it's a big site so not surprised.
  • We're on the far right about 100 yards in opposite toilet block but against the fence on the other side.
  • morning all! thanks again for getting so early to stand on the side of the road for hours!
  • It was fun. A lot of fun. My voice has stopped working though and I've gained a green thermos mug to the itinerary of the van! Anyone claim it. (nicko?). Pm me your addy and I will mail it back or wait until Beachy Mara and I will bring it along. .

Still on route home. Avoid the M1 if anyone is driving this evening. 20 miles of v slow traffic around juncs 12-14 I think.
  • What a fantastic day and what lovely peeps you all are image. I'm still laughing at Barley's megaphone that played the Captain Pugwash theme tune. Where on earth did he get that?
  • Greetings Pirates

Just a quick word from a tritaker racing yesterday

well done on some sterling supporting

best bike feed station ever - I was in hysterics image knitting club indeed !

and a special mention to the guys by the scoreboard - some great encouragement / banter although I was disappointed that barley wouldnt let me have his can of beer !

cheers guys

dre

• i'd echo what dr dre said, you guys were great yesterday. can't beat someone shouting arrgghhh at you as you go past, made me laugh every time image
  • Afternoon! I had a crcking time yesterday supporting! Loved doing the bike feed station but man there were some rude motorists at that junction I was marshalling later on!!

Dre that was us by the score board, well me, Ditchy, HH, Becky, Baz, Barley and Bassy for some of it. It was a great spot as we could see people coming both ways. Glad you appreciated it! Makes it worthwhile!
  • ^^^ had some prize pillocks in cars when I was marshalling too in Southwell - apparently I need to "stick your f'ing bikes f'ing somwehere else' image

lowlights - pillocks as mentioned above; removing a dead pheasant from the road in case anyone bounced over it and came off,  and doing a sliding lunge to pick up a dropped bottle which was in the middle of the road twisting my already b*ggered knee in the process

highlights - loads of thanks smiles and thumbs ups from cyclists (especially the fab "thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks xxxxxxxxx" from Petal as she disappeared round the corner)  huge grin from Melli  and of course Cake stopping for a fag on lap 3.

Shame i couldn't stay around for the run  - had to get back to inlaws and wolf down a roast dinner instead image

• I had 2 motorists swerve round me at speed so I couldn't stop them before they shot off in the wrong direction image.

But there was a very nice lady who came out of her house with a steaming mug of hot coffee for me and the offer of a toilet image.

• PSOF Setting the standards for Feed Stations   image

Well done guys and thank you to all the volunteers for the day

I still have a voice so obviously lager works well as a soother !!
  • Well done Meldy for organising Barley. Minor quibble, especially given the less than pleasant responses of some motorists, please can the marshalls be rotated more frequently. Whilst using cars/vans is not possible due to the road closure, a couple of bikes could be an option for next year (assuming we are asked/can provide help again); replacement bikes to junction replacee (yep, made that up) cycles back, repeat. Just a thought.

Thanks for a fun day image and now an old joke, overheard between 2 'top of field' racers on lap 1 on passing rhe drinks station:

What is a Pirates favourite subject at school?

Aaaaaaaghrt

• thank you pirate volunteers - a great lift on the bike course and later on the run. image i managed to stay reasonably cheery until the last lap!
  • Just thought I'd drop in and add my thanks to you all for doing such a great job yesterday. Those of us racing couldn't have done it without you. Loved the signs as well. Did you sell any bikes?
  • had a amazing day thanks to everyone at the bike feed station and the supporters around the run course. image 
  • Long but excellent day. Ref those twonks that think they can ignore no left or right turn signs, I found standing in the middle of the road helped, but I spose being a bit mental helps too heheheheh
  • The pirate support was absolutely awesome. It was like an injection of energy everytime I went past a group of pirates.

Thx so much its made a massive difference imageimageimageimage
  • Having the target of pirate feed station every lap was brilliant so thank you to all who gave up their time image

Support on the run was also fantastic and gave me the impetus I needed to put in a good run....I was too scared someone would see me walking image