Shakespeare Marathon Waiting List

Comments

• Hi all,

I had a message from the organisers thanking me for setting up this forum. They say they have processed approx 50 transfers, mostly as a result of contacts gained through this forum.  It is very much appreciated and means that 50 entries have not gone to waste.

The closing date for transfers is fast approaching being 15th April after which time the organisers will not be able to accept any more transfers. Please ensure you get your transfer applications in before then. You will need to allow time for the transfer application to be filled in by the transferer and then sent to the transferee to fill in their details, etc. Then it has to be posted with a cheque to the organisers. Given these restrictions I would say the 48 hour window is too long and the transfers need to be agreed as soon as possible if everyone on the list is going to get a fair chance.

Play fair. Hope you get a place. Enjoy the race.

Rick

• Wow... 6 hours - don't you ever sleep more than 6 hours?

I don't think it should be less than 24 hours - the limiting factor has never been a reply to an entry, ie it is very unlikely that more than 1 entry will become available in 24 hours.

12 hours is fine by me, but I don't think it will really speed up the amount of available entries!

• shall we make is 12 hours then? Everyone happy with this arrangement? Who checks the forum twice daily? I suppose we'll find out tomorrow am...

• Just wanna say congrats to DAVID BUSH who jumped from 4th on the waiting list to claim the 1st available entry after 1+1/2 hours it became available. Well done DAVID, we sure don't need enemies with friends like you!! Hope you really enjoy the race mate!
  • ANYONE WISHING TO SELL THEIR PLACE; Please contact the person at the top of the list, if they don't respond within 12 hours then contact the next person on the list. Please leave a post on this thread keeping everyone informed of your actions.

ALL THOSE ALREADY ON THE LIST; It's in your interest to check this thread regularly especially as race day is approaching! Once you have received a place, please update the list accordingly.

ALL THOSE WISHING TO JOIN THE LIST; Simply copy and paste the most recent version of the list, adding your name and contact details to the bottom of it. The closing date for all transfers is April 15th.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

1. Riaan Ekkerd   (riaanekkerd@hotmail.com)
    2. Marli Ekkerd   (riaanekkerd@hotmail.com)
    3. Jaco Swart   (jaco@netco-consulting.net)
    4. Henry Quinney   (henryquinney@hotmail.com)
    5. Michael Stuart   (jenniemiff@jennie45.freeserve.co.uk)
    6. Ed Milbourn   (ed@ultrarunner.co.uk)
    7. Sheila Barbour  (/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]careeweasel@btinternet.com]scareeweasel@btinternet.com)
    8. Jonathon Moss  (jonathon.moss@gmail.com)
    9. simon maggs  (/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]imon_maggs@talk21.com]simon_maggs@talk21.com)
    10. Matthew Kite    (matthew.kite@rolls-royce.com)
    11. Gareth Hansford   (garethhansford@yahoo.co.uk)

13. Kate Hutchings (k8hutchings@yahoo.co.uk)

HALF MARATHON WAITING LIST:

2. Daniel Williams (mzybbjow@nottingham.ac.uk) Being offered a place by Sarah Sheppard 5
    3. David Smith (davismit31@hotmail.com)
    4. Charles Bamford (charly_bamford@hotmail.com)
    5. Stacey Bamford (staceymoloney@hotmail.co.uk)
    6. Karen Geddes (karen5008@yahoo.com)
    7. Pete Edgley (Peteedgley@btinternet.com)
    8. Job King (jking@uka.org.uk ) -(plus a £10 voucher for Coventry Runner!)
    9. Verity Hill ( afrodizzie@hotmail.com )
    10. Suzanne Ostler (suzanne.ostler@talk21.com)
    11. Paul Beechey (pbeechey@rm.com)

12. Jonathon Moss (jonathon.moss@gmail.com)
    13 Daniel Eduardo (ben_hufc@hotmail.com)

14. Phil Ingle (/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]hilingle@talktalk.net]philingle@talktalk.net)

• OK maybe 6 hours was a bit too short...12 hours seems practical....good luck all!

• Just to let everyone know - I've changed the 48h rule to 12 hours. Hope that's ok! It's still open for discussion.

• ANYONE WISHING TO SELL THEIR PLACE; Please contact the person at the top of the list, if they don't respond within 12 hours then contact the next person on the list. Please leave a post on this thread keeping everyone informed of your actions.

ALL THOSE ALREADY ON THE LIST; It's in your interest to check this thread regularly especially as race day is approaching! Once you have received a place, please update the list accordingly.

ALL THOSE WISHING TO JOIN THE LIST; Simply copy and paste the most recent version of the list, adding your name and contact details to the bottom of it. The closing date for all transfers is April 15th.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:
    7. Sheila Barbour  (scareeweasel@btinternet.com)
    9. simon maggs  (simon_maggs@talk21.com)

2. Daniel Williams (mzybbjow@nottingham.ac.uk) Being offered a place by Sarah Sheppard 5

14. Phil Ingle (philingle@talktalk.net)

15. Alan Steele (alansteele@gmail.com or send me a private message)

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

16. Stephen Skjonsby (skj_se@hotmail.com)

• Kastoe,

Thanks for your comments, all very constructive.

The last place that came available was on the 31/03 through Laurag, and just like at least three places before that, you were emailed first and didn't respond. In thisn instance, after the 48 hour rule (which incidentally, I suggested), and bearing in mind that the 3rd place hadn't answered either, that place should have been mine. Unfortunately, Laurag emailed everyone else on the list so that she could get rid of the place and although I reponded within two hours, I missed it. I probably felt like you do now.

If we had been following the rules from the start, as the first three hadn't responded in 48 hours, you should have been placed at the bottom of the list si I would have been top.

In fact, at least twice before, you didn't respond and should have been put to the bottom then. Further, after you didn't repond the first few times in March, you actually were put to the bottom (by Chair) but on your once a week review from the outback, you decided that you didn't like the rules so you put yourself back at the top and then missed the next available place again!

To any regular followers of this forum, and by that, I mean over the last 4-6 weeks, they will know this whole sequence of events, and will realise why I took the place. I would therefore suggest that you re-consider why not only I but at least 4 other people got places ahead of you before you start having a pop at me on this thread. If the rules had been followed, you should still be at the bottom of the list!

• FOR DAVID W BUSH:

I promise this will be the last reply about this issue..!  Sorry about this peopl..this is actually just for DAVID W BUSH...

Previous times I lost out on an entry was once before the "48h rule" was invented ( I was actually 3rd on the list at the time, and the 1st  two on the list did not reply without my knowledge) and the second time I was 1+1/2 hour late due to a delayed flight. I have never complained about these 2 places, as the entry went to the next person on the list - which is fair enough.

As far as  I know there is no rule that if you don't respond in 48 hours ( now 12 hours) you go to the bottom of the list - is this the "David W Bush rule"!?? If someone on top of the list does not repsond in 12 hours the entry goes to the next person on the list, and the person stays on top of the list as far as I am aware. Don't try to justify your selfish behaviour, it's too late for that, we all know the rules, and have all been waiting patiently for an entry. You were suppose to wait 48 hours for the first 3 people to respond before you were suppose to contact and claim the entry.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

• Kastoe,

..selective memory? See below taken from the 25th March. You then changed the rules and put yourself back on the top of the list, and even after that, missed two more places which went to Rog and a guy at the bottom of the list from Laurag ! Just get over it.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:
    1. T Rex (Contact via my profile)  GETTING BALD PATCH'S NUMBER
    2. Mark Nicholson (markajnicholson@aol.com )  RUG19 has offered place 25/03/10 via e-mail...

3. Rog Hayes (chairmanrog@sky.com)
    4. Jaco Swart (jaco@netco-consulting.net)
    5. David Bush 
    [i]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]wbush1962@hotmail.com]dwbush1962@hotmail.com[/i]                                                                                                          

6. Henry Quinney (henryquinney@hotmail.com) NO RESPONSE SINCE 20TH MARCH
    7. Riaan Ekkerd (riaanekkerd@hotmail.com) NO RESPONSE SINCE 20TH MARCH
    8. Marli Ekkerd (riaanekkerd@hotmail.com) NO RESPONSE SINCE 20TH  MARCH

By the way, isn't wanting 2 places a bit greedy too?

• <a href="http://null/#">
    http://null/members/images/faceit.gif

</a> Upload

ANYONE WISHING TO SELL THEIR PLACE; Please contact the person at the top of the list, if they don't respond within 12 hours then contact the next person on the list. Please leave a post on this thread keeping everyone informed of your actions.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

• I have got a potential entry! Will update the list as soon as entry is confirmed.

ANYONE WISHING TO SELL THEIR PLACE; Please contact the person at the top of the list, if they don't respond within 12 hours then contact the next person on the list. Please leave a post on this thread keeping everyone informed of your actions.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:
    1. Riaan Ekkerd   (riaanekkerd@hotmail.com) Entry pending!

•  Kastoe, you've got a bare ass cheek, David is spot on with all that he's said. GET OVER IT

So you've decided to take the entry offered to you, thought you said you wouldn't do that unless your wife got a place too, or are you going to conveniently overlook that as well?

• I'm over it, said what I wanted to say, get on with training now, and leave the waiting list for the people for the people actually on the list.
  • I have got a potential entry! Will update the list as soon as entry is confirmed.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

• Kastoe, you have an entry ... are you actually going to take this one?

Perhaps now you can put your toys back in the pram.

• Just posting to keep this loading to the front!

Don't wanna miss out!  image

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

16. Stephen Skjonsby (/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]kj_se@hotmail.com]skj_se@hotmail.com

• Due to work commitments I no longer require a place for the half marathon - I have removed by details and updated the list

Thanks

Karen

1. Daniel Williams (mzybbjow@nottingham.ac.uk) Being offered a place by Sarah Sheppard 5
    2. David Smith (davismit31@hotmail.com)
    3. Charles Bamford (charly_bamford@hotmail.com)
    4. Stacey Bamford (staceymoloney@hotmail.co.uk)
    5. Pete Edgley (Peteedgley@btinternet.com)
    6. Job King (jking@uka.org.uk ) -(plus a £10 voucher for Coventry Runner!)
    7. Verity Hill ( afrodizzie@hotmail.com )
    8. Suzanne Ostler (suzanne.ostler@talk21.com)
    9. Paul Beechey (pbeechey@rm.com)

10. Jonathon Moss (jonathon.moss@gmail.com)

11 Daniel Eduardo (ben_hufc@hotmail.com)

12. Phil Ingle (philingle@talktalk.net)

13. Alan Steele (alansteele@gmail.com or send me a private message)

14. Stephen Skjonsby (/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]kj_se@hotmail.com]skj_se@hotmail.com

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

16. Stephen Skjonsby (/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]kj_se@hotmail.com]skj_se@hotmail.com

• I have a half marathon place available! I have tried emailing the first two people on the list and had no response. Deadline for entry transfer is tomorrow. If interested email /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]careeweasel@btinternet.com]scareeweasel@btinternet.com.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

1. Marli Ekkerd   (riaanekkerd@hotmail.com)
    2. Jaco Swart   (jaco@netco-consulting.net)
    3. Henry Quinney   (henryquinney@hotmail.com)
    4. Michael Stuart   (jenniemiff@jennie45.freeserve.co.uk)
    5. Ed Milbourn   (ed@ultrarunner.co.uk)
    6. Sheila Barbour  (scareeweasel@btinternet.com)
    7. Jonathon Moss  (jonathon.moss@gmail.com)
    8. simon maggs  (simon_maggs@talk21.com)
    9. Matthew Kite    (matthew.kite@rolls-royce.com)
    10. Gareth Hansford   (garethhansford@yahoo.co.uk)

11. Kate Hutchings (k8hutchings@yahoo.co.uk)

• I'm new to all this but I have a half-marathon place so I'm going to contact David Smith to see if he wants it  - hope I've got this right!

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

1. Marli Ekkerd   (riaanekkerd@hotmail.com)
    2. Jaco Swart   (jaco@netco-consulting.net)
    3. Henry Quinney   (henryquinney@hotmail.com)
    4. Michael Stuart   (jenniemiff@jennie45.freeserve.co.uk)
    5. Ed Milbourn   (ed@ultrarunner.co.uk)
    6. Sheila Barbour  (scareeweasel@btinternet.com)
    7. Jonathon Moss  (jonathon.moss@gmail.com)
    8. simon maggs  (simon_maggs@talk21.com)
    9. Matthew Kite    (matthew.kite@rolls-royce.com)
    10. Gareth Hansford   (garethhansford@yahoo.co.uk)

11. Kate Hutchings (k8hutchings@yahoo.co.uk)

3. David Smith (/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]avismit31@hotmail.com]davismit31@hotmail.com) Being offered a place by SarahWoo

• OK, on the basis that I've just realised that the deadline for entry transfers is tomorrow, I've e-mailed all those on the half marathon waiting list.
  • I have a place for the half marathon if anyone wants it.  I've emailed David Smith (no 2 on the list) as no 1 already had an offer of a place.  However, I'm a bit confused as to where we are with the list now and given that tomorrow is the deadline, I would hate anyone to miss out.  I know that my friend also has an available place too and i can put anyone in touch with her.