Mersey Tunnel 10K

Comments

• Alan - fantastic news on the numbers - hope it's not causing too much stress for you !!

Re : Parking - last year I parked in Pall Mall NCP and trained it back after the race - it was a great atmosphere on the train but very crowded and hot so this year I will be parking in New Brighton and training it to the start so I can relax when I'm finished & take my time. Locistically it makes sence as I am travelling from the Midlands so will stay south of the Mersey.

Both ways seem good - just depends what you want - I will spend time at the finish this year and cheer on the remaining few runners (and there will only be a few behind me / if any !!)

Looking for a PB on Sunday. 58 mins to beat at 10k distance. Fingers Crossed.

Meeting place - near the baggage busses at the start ? No ideas for the finish ? What do you all think ?

• Stress levels O.K. for the Tunnel 10K. It's the box ticking and justification of capability I've got to do in my reply for Mersey Marathon which has to be in by Friday that's building the pressure!!

Good luck to everyone for Sunday.

Alan
  • Alan - I thought you might like to know that I was listening to Paula Radclifffe yapping on Radio Five live this afternoon and she was talking about what inspired her to run when she was a nipper. Her first race as a spectator waswatching her dad in the Mersey marathon! image

How COOL would it be if, in twenty years time another Paula comes along and cites the NEW Mersey Marathon as her reason for starting running? image

• I'll drop that in conversation when I'm on Radio Merseyside this Saturday, 1.00pm!! Been invited on by Roger Lyon who usually takes part in our events. Good supporter!
  • 4.00pm and just 20 entries left!! I knew they would all go, never doubted you lot!!

Spend all day preparing the 'Pre Qualification Questionnaire' Document for the 2011 Marathon event so that's ready to go off. Here's hoping... for reasonable weather on Sunday and a positive marathon reply!!
  • Alan - Good luck with the Marathon document.
  • Alan - I have not yet had the nearve to enter a full marathon but have promised myself next year I will run my first so when you get the green light put me down for a place - just let me know when & where to show up and how much & I will be there - how's that for a possitive response.

• Keith OBKeith OB ✭✭✭

Alan

I was not having a go at you regarding delivery of the numbers, it's the post round here. Don't get mail for days then get shed loads. Came last Monday btw.

Lets hope its a bit cooler than last year!! I was just watching Judith and her friend and it was well hot and all I did was wait round in town centre.

Keith

• good luck with your submission for the mersey marathon Alan.

btw, do you think  it`ll be another Liverpool rc win for Paul Sankey on sunday or have a few other names thrown themselves in the hat e.g John McCole of lpool harriers

• Morning all

Had a 6 miler with the club last night and looking forward to Sunday.
  • Morning everyone,

I did another 3 miles last night, i put my garmin on and went looking for every incline that I could find in 30 mins, last chance to get ready for the incline when we come out of the tunnel.

Looking forward to Sunday but still not decided where my OH and my little man are meeting me when i finish yet.
  • Good luck with the council today, Alan image
  • Kerry - I didn't find it too crowded at the end last year so you should be able to find them quite easily.

In case I don't get on later, good luck to everyone on Sunday and hope to see you all there.
  • Its not that crowded at the end really....

Good luck everyone! If you see me, say "hi"!

I will be wearing about 20 bangles on my right wrist so you'll know its me!

Oh - and my mouth will be moving...image

• LB - Having your mouth moving!!! Most women I know have a sunburned tongue. image
  • One day to go and still no number.....

Seeing as my last message was ignored, I'll ask again - can I still run on Sunday if my number doesn't arrive? And what do I have to do? Are there any of the organisers at the start who help with things like this?

Please can somebody (preferably Alan) help???

• LFC - I'm going to slap your arse if you carry on.....image
  • Matt, it happened to me 2 years ago..... go to the registartion desk on the day and explain what has happned, they will then issue you a number and a tag in lieu.
  • Just read the race pack. it says there is a £5 charge for not having the chip.
  • just been into JJB first thing thsi morning and registered.

This will be my first ever race, i am training to do the great north run in September.

Hoping to go round in just under an hour, but making it round without walking will be an achievement!!

Looking forward to it but  a bit nervous, see yous all on Sunday

• Pete you will be FINE!

Just make sure you enjoy yourself. First race is special and you've chosen a great one.

And you're guaranteed a PB! What could be better than that?image

• Matt Connor wrote (see)

One day to go and still no number.....

Seeing as my last message was ignored, I'll ask again - can I still run on Sunday if my number doesn't arrive? And what do I have to do? Are there any of the organisers at the start who help with things like this?

Please can somebody (preferably Alan) help???

Matt - Calm Down / Calm Down - It will be fine on the day - just go to the registration desk and they will sort it all out for you - I would take some ID and a copy of the race payment receipt just in case they need it but dont panic and enjoy the day.

Just been to the Gym for a final run on the treadie before Sunday - managed 8 miles but took it slow

I am number 409 and will be hanging around the baggage busses pre race if anyone wants a meet up - I have my green ribbon attached and will be wearing my balck / blue shorts and black top.

Good luck to everyone - this is a really enjoyable race and a great one for a first Pete.

• Morning Everyone

Hope your all ok.

I think my OH is going to drop me off at the start and then drive to the finish to meet me, is the tunnel going to be open before the race starts?

Pete,you will be fine and you will really enjoy your first 10K. Its also be a good start to your GNR training (only 113 days to go)

• Kerry - it's what I did when Mr LB did it. I dropped him off near Pall Mall car park and from there you can go straight into the tunnel to the Wirral. There are signs for New Brighton everywhere anyway and he only has to follow these when he comes out the other siide. He'll need money for the toll (is it still £1.40 guys?) and then he can park up and go to the finish area. The tunnel doesn't actually shut. They just use the one side of it for the run and I leave the other tube open. There are two Mersey tunnels anyway so those who need to cross the water can use the other one if they want to avoid any congestion.
  • Thanks LB, i just wanted to make sure before I made plans.

Im looking forward to it, just hope this rain stops before tomorrow now.

• Forecast is for sunny spells, but cool (12 degrees). Yay! image

Might still be a bit windy though, especially long the promenade.
  • It can't be as windy as the half marathon Frodo. I nearly landed on the Wirral! image

• LOL image

Isn't it always windy in Liverpool? image

(And it always rains in Manchester!)
  • And the sun always shines on Cheshire......image

*looks out of window*

Erm.........image