Mersey Tunnel 10K

Comments

• This was the first ever race for my wife and I today. We have only been running 6 months to try and shed some unwanted pounds.

My wife got 1:08 chip time and I got 55 mins chip time. We both really enjoyed the event and probably have the bug. We are aiming to start running a bit more to try and get better fitness and lose a bit of timber.

My wife was number 440 and never got a tee-shirt at the end does anybody know if she could pick a size M up from anywhere in town if there are any left?

We will defo be back and hopefully we can make it to the finish a bit quicker next time. Thanks to the  organisers for a great run.

• * Frodo * wrote (see)
    I failed miserably to meet anyone at the start, or see LB at the finish image

I was there Frodo! I saw Puffy and LFC runner but LFC was busy so I left him alone!image

I've got a photo of you running LFC by the way and I took quite a few around the finish line. I thought looked like a great race. Weather was great and the runners looked strong. I did feel a little bit alone cheering everyone on though - the people around me were just stood in silence!image

• What a great experience guys - loved it

That tunnel - especially the slip road after is a killer

56.02 here - see you all next year!!!

• Couldn't find anyone at the start. Too many people to run around. Hard coming out out of the tunnel and windy along the prominade. Still really enjoyed it and I'll run a faster 10K soon. 51:08
  • Well done everyone.

Really enjoyed today. I found this one really hard though, think its time to start steping up my training for the GNR. No pb for me today but managed it a minute quicker than the Manchester 10k two weeks ago.

Met Shrek and LFC Runner at the start, which was nice to put some faces to names. and looked out for LB at the finish but there were too many people around.

Thanks Alan, for another great runliverpool event.
  • Another great RunLiverpool event - it's obvious that Alan listened to the criticisms of past runs by making the finish area more secure, so hopefully everyone managed to get a t-shirt and medal.

That incline back out of the tunnel is still a real killer for me, but I really enjoyed today and the wind wasn't as bad as I expected, even though I was well outside my best time for 10K. It was a nice surprise also that I could travel down from Ormskirk on the train without paying.

And a big big thankyou to Yvonne again for sorting out my entry so efficiently - it was much appreciated and let me concentrate on getting ready for the run, without any stress.

• I never realised how steep the tunnel was haha!

My only 'criticism' would be that between 1 and 6k there were no distance markers.

50:36, very pleased!

Big shout to Steve from Goole who i bumped into at the finish, the last time i saw him was halfway round Rome doing the marathon in March, i couldn't believe my eyes!
  • I wore my green ribbon, but didn't see any others. This run was harder than I thought, so well chuffed with my 55 mins. I think I kicked for home too early.

Great Goody bag Alan and t-shirt is spot on.

Best bit, the women in the balcony at the start giving everybody a full frontal flash!!

See you next year image

• Ben, there were Kilometre markers at every K - honest, I saw them all (and saw my target time slipping away!)
  • Great race, weather was just right. Was organised brilliantly.

Only thing that went wrong all day was the escalators at Moorfields breaking which can hardly be pinned on Alan!

Brilliant route for a race with great scenery on the promenade. Well done all involved!

• Judith CookJudith Cook ✭✭✭

Another great race Alan. Quicker than last year by a couple of minutes and quicker than Manchester a couple of weeks ago. Still nowhere near my PB, but with cracking two ribs 6 weeks ago I'm happy. At least the times are going in the right direction.image You managed to sort the heat, can you please turn the wind down next year?image. I'm with Frodo, k markers were there and everyone spot on. I saw all of them and my target time slipping away. Looking forward to next year alreadyimage.

Thanks for a great job Alan and co.

• What a fantastic day, my first ever 10k and I loved it - great atmosphere, support and organisation. Was chuffed to clock 44 mins 49 secs which had been a goal I set myself and not bad for a 40 year old who started running in Feb.

Cracking medal and t-shirt, perhaps the only negative was the cramped start and the initial 1 km fight to get past the walkers and slow runners who fancied a sub 40 by lining up at the front...The tunnel was great though

Well done Alan, will defo be back again next year......
  • I can only concur with and echo all of the sentiments already posted, great organisation and a great day out for all concerned. I knocked 7 minutes of last years time so the same agian for next year would be fantastic!!!!!

The event has even turned my 2 "virgin" friends into hardcore race nuts who are already talking about next year and the october 10K!!!

Thanks again Alan, your hard work really has paid off and is evident for all to see

• I obviously need to put my specs on next time! Apologies! image
  • Only downside was the finish area as i saw a couple of people helping themselves to tshirts and goody bags  but more an indication of the person than the event.

Maybe next year stick the tshirt in the bag and mark off the numbers but otherwise nice day for a run

• Always nice to see so many happy runners - well done you lot!
  • Just wanted to say thank you to Alan for a wonderfully organised event.  Took 9 minutes off my personal best from last year and ran up the tunnel without stopping (a decent achievement when you weigh the same as 6 elephants)

Well done to everyone involved, already looking forward to getting below the hour mark next year

• Alan & Co - Well done on another brilliantly organised event. Enjoyed it as much this year as last and knocked 5 mins of my PB for this route - ended on 58 mins which equals my 10K overall PB so can't complain. T-Shirts great and the kids are wearing my medal !! No Mars Plannets or Cranberry Sauce this year ?

The only thing I would have to gripe about would be the less courtious runners who are probarbly novices with little experience but there was a lot of pushing past and stopping dead in front etc - A bit anoying but they felt my wrath!!  Especially the lad who tripped me up in the tunnel image

Nice to meet Kerry & LFC at the start - but I didn't see any other green ribbons ? Bulldog - we were there by the busses but so were a few others !!

I had 1 on my bag and 1 on my T - Kerry "thanks" for spotting me & introducing yourself. You did a brilliant time and will be more than ready for 13.1 miles in September.

LFC - how did you get on with your running partner ? A job well done & to be proud of yourself for.

I had a nightmare getting home - had to wait nearly an hour for the train back then the car park decided it wouldn't take any card payments and I had to find all the change from the car - then the flippin thing wouldn't start (a huge thanks to the Guys who helped me out with a push start) - Thaught that was that but compleatly forgot about the toll getting back !! It may only be £1.40 but I had to give it in coppers and mainly pennies !!! Finally got home - next year I am parking in New Brighton and training to the start for sure !!!

Well done everybody who took part or supported today - LB - sorry I missed you but the finish was much better and they even read out my name as I crossed the line which was nice - looking forward to seeing any photo's - anybody got a link ?

• And Oh Yes ...

Loved the flashing lady at the start image

• Haha yeah, i was stood at the side but couldn't see said lady, did i miss a treat?
  • I was at the side as well Ben but she looked good to me !!
  • Russell Nimbus wrote (see)
    Couldn't find anyone at the start. Too many people to run around. Hard coming out out of the tunnel and windy along the prominade. Still really enjoyed it and I'll run a faster 10K soon. 51:08

You must have run straight past me Russell! I WISH I'd had your number - I was shouting at everyone and I would#ve given you a special wave!

DerekRothwell wrote (see)
    Always nice to see so many happy runners - well done you lot!
    You completely ignored me Derek. I am taking it personally.....image Passed in front of me about 10 times! image I fully intend to stick pins in your brother now as punishment! image
  • LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    Russell Nimbus wrote (see)
    Couldn't find anyone at the start. Too many people to run around. Hard coming out out of the tunnel and windy along the prominade. Still really enjoyed it and I'll run a faster 10K soon. 51:08

You must have run straight past me Russell! I WISH I'd had your number - I was shouting at everyone and I would#ve given you a special wave!

Special wave equates to her getting her puppies out!
  • I do have some photos but they're a bit random. I have LFC runner for definite. If you post your number I'll check my camera.

It was lovely to meet Puffy too. And Master Puffy! image

• Shrek,  I think I was alongside you in the tunnel when you unleashed your wrath on the idiot!

• Chris - I do hope the idiot wasn't you ??!!!

I think there were a few there today

• Funny story for you guys....

There was a moment where about ten blokes were all plodding towards the finish and I suddenly felt an urge to shout (loud) "come on lads - sprint finish"!!!!

And they ALL kicked in and dug deep and the crowd cheered! imageimageimage

I am sooooooo influential....image

• Great race today. Managed to knock 3 minutes of my best time (47.16), I didn't think it was possible after people talking about the tunnel incline which I didn't think was too bad.

Well organised as well, went like clockwork for me anyway.

Oh and thanks to the fire service for the free shower on the prom, even if it meant half of Wallasey going without water for another day image.

• Just looked in the mirror. I have the best wind burn face ever!