Are these forums not moderated?

13»

Comments

• GertieGertie ✭✭✭

Depends if they're about the McCanns.

JM - did you see that the McCanns won their case against the ex-Portuguese detective? Maybe RW were right to delete that thread  (but probably not due to the reason given by the person who reported it)

• There is a Coops II ? God help us...
  • Jokerman wrote (see)
    Are factual comments moderated?....image
    No, but I can confirm that wasn't a factual comment you made!  image
  • Wilkie wrote (see)

Shame, KK. 

I like to think of them trying to work out why the British as so obsessed with a tinned pork product image

When I lived in Hong Kong as a child, spam was really popular in the Chinese community.  In my local Chinese supermarket here in the UK, there's a whole shelf of the stuff.
  • One mans moderation is anothers interference I guess.

I think that by and large we end up with the forum we deserve. There was a time when you could come here on any given day and find a number of topical debates going on that were reasonably well behaved. Even when the Trolls got involved it was all fairly civilised.

These days you can't find any semi serious threads that haevn't been graffittied with pictures of kittens or someones @rse irrespective of the subject matter. I wouldn't say thats a moderation problem.

The result is very easy to see. The last post on this thread before me was made 36 hours ago, yet the thread was still on the front page of the forum. A couple of years ago it would have been halfway down page three by now.

In short an awful lot of people have either left or dont bother posting much now, and they haven't been replaced.

Some folks are very fond of saying "I'm not going to modify my behaviour, if you dont like it then leave". It seems that a lot of others are taking them at their word and doing precisiely that...

• Fair points.

I just don't think there is much of a "community" on here any more - pick your own theory as to why.

I have my own but i really can't be bothered outlining them as I can't be doing with the hassle if I get jumped on.

• I have the Grumpycunt website saved to my favourites now FB.

I feel a mass forum visit to the basket weaving forum coming on.