Chick - Fab mileage you certainly are rocking

LMH - Wow well done great stuff there girl

ALD sorry about your double cancellation

Mava - Great mileage

What: 14.58 miles long run with strategic walk breaks in 2hrs 40
    Why: I'm supposed to be training  for a marathon
    Last Hard: Today
    Lyrics: No

Working last night busy night got up late still tired decided on dinner first (ok i watched some winter olympics in the small wee hours) the went for my run after 2pm added some walk breaks early as i've not gone over 10 miles since my half marathon last June. Went ok but started of in the pouring rain which did go away last 3 miles were tough-ish. Glad to finish but happy to get this one under my belt. and 53 miles for the week  another big week first 50+ week  since i don't know when.

Cut back week next week as 5km Friday and half on Sunday - must be mad

• Options

Evening

What Almost 7 miles
    Why  Testing the knee
    Lyrics No

Haven't run at all this week and have been off work too, as it was half term, so was completely rested. Managed about 3 miles before the twinges started and made it to 5 before stopping to stretch. The last couple were run around 8mm and was used to the ache by the time I reached home. Will probably try again next Sunday but will have to make more of an effort to run slower at the start.  

• Options

All running good miles guys. Is everyone in Mara training? Looking at doing one next year so will be good to get advice on training come base building in October.

Made it to 53 miles this week with the long run and a mini taper. Looking to get back into the 60's next week. Figured the snow may give me some time to consolidate the last 5 weeks of hard training with a week of volume and reduced intensity.

LMH - I run for Belper Harriers if you know them? So only 6-7 miles away. Do you run for a club? Long run today took me around allestree park first of all before going through hazelwood and alport stone. Do you ever run the Dave Denton races?

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all

What - 19m (2:42:10)
    Why - More miles
    Last Hard - Yesterday
    Last Rest - Fri

Take care

• Options

Some great training going on - puts me to shame!

Little Miss Happy - well done on the double.

AF - 19 miles - you're getting back there - goood stuff.

Gobi/Tipp Top - nice running.

Stickless - great determination - you really mean business!

Ald - great that you still had the motivation to get out there and do a long run.

Sharkie - good stuff.

Pammie - looks like we are both about at the same spot as far as our long runs are going.

What: Right leg still not doing what it should, so went for  a 5.8km recovery walk with husband and son, then we all went to the beach. Took both the kayaks and everyone  had fun in them. Ten year old gdaughter seemed to be out there the longest. Not for this old girl though, I enjoyed holding 4month old gdaughter in the water and relaxing with her on the beach.

• Options

ALD - I'm a member of Shelton Striders but as I tri train more than anything and am fortunate enough to work part time and be able to fit most of my training in during daylight I rarely go to club - most of them wouldn't know who I was to be honest. Have done the Dave Denton relays a few times but that's all - my husband did a couple of his fell races about three years ago but I hate hills!

NZC - sorry to hear that you're still having trouble.

Pammie - sounds like a sensible way to build the mileage.

Postie - that must be very frustrating, do you think it's any better?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Yeh he sets up a few mean fell races. I'm doing his derwent valley tour May bank holiday. Can feel the doms already. Shelton don't run in our league but you'll have to let me know if you're doing anything local after your ultra.
  • Options

LOL at Moraghans reply to Gobi's weekly mileage. A few nice efforts around today.

Moraghan - Thanks for your summary on the long run and its value (with the Science behind it). I had been intending to do a 16 mile every second week , the main reason being that in the build upon i have a shorter distance race every other week almost. I might try to go a bit longer even. Weekly totals will be upper 50's or lower 60's. I try to get as much quality into the other mileages also. I want to think more about what i'm doing in the available time.

Tipp -  Thanks too. I mightn't go to 20 this time but i will if time and " feeling" allows. Thanks also for the sessions you posted a few days ago. These are the types that i had settled on (still not sure what way to tackle the hill efforts. Did you see that Tipp's League opener against KK was called off due to Snow in Thurles.

Tipp -  I thought of you when i saw the article as i knew that Edinburgh last year was on a hot day and i got the impression that you felt that you had left a few minutes behind - a fella from my club ran it too and the heat destroyed his target. All i can say is the best of luck with it and the longer term goal. (Jason - Hands off!!)

Ale - as above i've got up to 16 now and found that easy enough with a fast (almost MP) last mile. Two hour long runs seem to be a must. Gobi suggests 15 though. I try to do 1/3 if possible of weekly miles off road - harder with the dark evenings.

LMH - - well done on completing the double - what routes?? - Derby and surrounds is my old stomping ground. 

Got out meself in the snow earlier- kept mainly on grass and had a great recovery run. Left the watch and Garmin at home and ran how i felt. I hadnt done that for ages. Enjoyed it!! Followed that up being dragged to Ikea with Mrs PM to get a bed for little Paddy - time he got out of the cot - spent the rest of the day assembling & no flying screw drivers. Mrs PM crying as were finished with the cot - its a big step i suppose. Its up in the attic now for the grandkids!!.

• Options

Evening y'all.

Nice run chickadee. Never let the silly part win. 1 extra mile for the sake of a round number?

Fair enough re: the bf Moraghan - shame you can't get accurate home readings really, isn't it? I've got a bit of weight to lose myself over the next few months. I've lost a little over 2kg since the start of the year, without actively trying to do so. Still 3kg over race weight, and I'd like to get the bf a little lower and see how that affects things too. Ultimately, a lot quicker is apparently physiologically possible, but that requires a lot of luck, etc, and in time for 2012 is highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened I guess. Even at sub-2:15 I'd still be ~15s+ per mile away from the mix image

Sounds like an excellent day NZC (leg aside).

Paddy - I saw that when I was trying to find the result/highlights today. Weather is messing with everything now. Hoping to be able to catch a lot more Gaelic this year if the same station as last year decide to show it. Fingers crossed image By all accounts I seem to have done well to have only lost 3-5mins at Edinburgh. How much did your clubmate lose? I've been spending most of the day assembling nursery furniture. One of the wardrobes came without instructions. Luckily I rarely get it right when I follow the instructions, so I've probably got a better than average chance without image

• Options
    LMH reckon its better than it was but still not right. Still at least 9 weeks or so till VLM so anything could happen.