Following complaints

12345679»

Comments

• There's far too many liberal softies on this website. Guardian readers, the lot of you.
  • i am still on KK having a bed that fits 4!

way hay - i know you lot get bored out in the countryside

• Its normal for Devon.
  • Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

I hated rugby with a passion. Too many punches in the face.image

image Im with you on this one JB. Rugby at school at the age of 14 was split into two groups, those that had beards built like brick shit house and those pipe cleaners that werent image. I was in the pipe cleaner catogory and made to play a position in the scrum ffs image. Its amazing how adept you can get at making a knock on look like an mistake or how quick you can kick a ball when the mongol hordes are about to flatten you image

Ohh how I hated the rugby season

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

Interesting,

And astonishing how few Rugby masters grasped the following basic concepts:

• Not all teenage boys develop physically at the same rate.
    • Not everyone who is much much smaller than some of the others liek getting their face pressed into the turf every minute or so.
    • However those who are skinny and wheezy at the age of 13 might become a bit more handy by the age of 18, if you haven't completely turned them off by that stage

I was horrified when we were shown, by a  teacher, how to punch on the blindiside of a scrum or ruck - the same teacher once stopped the game because the scrum half played the ball out to the stand-off, who opted to run the ball. Whistel went and we played it again, this time the correct tactic of taking it back into the pack was duly observed.

The man was, and still is a moron.

• schoolboy rugby - oh what fun! the pipecleaners and the beardies about sums it up and as Barkles says - lads mature at different rates.....

I played under-15 rugby with a scrum half who had heavy beard growth - I had bumfluff - who played for Wales under-16s (skipper if I recall) but who got left behind by others who matured more slowly - he never went on to do anything at more senior levels. conversely I matured slower and came good at under-19 level playing county rugby and got Welsh trials although didn't make the side (there was an outstanding hooker that year - he went on to play for Swansea and Wales B at senior level.

I was lucky with my rugby masters - I had successively a Wales no 7, a British Lions no 8, and a Wales B fly half.......not a bad coaching regime and Dai Nash (the Lion) taught me an awful lot - I hold a great debt to him and his enthusiasm for teaching the game.
  • JM - stop talking out of your arse - you never played rugby so don't try to fucking comment on it.
  • I played proper rugby (Rugby League) from the age of 11 to 15.  We had a 'woolyback' games master in a football playing area and football school (I was a Pipecleaner... but a bloody fast pipecleaner).  I never played Union until I was 17 and in the military... and played it at a decent standard till I was 39... it went something like this

"During a heavy drinking session... a rugby match broke out" 

Contentious forum issue - has anyone ever met JM?

• Jokerman wrote (see)

Baby in bed is just another extension of lazy selfish parenting (or women). I wouldn't even have them in the same room. My babies had their own bedroom....No different to breast feeding beyond the weaning stage - Selfish!

Any man that as his baby in bed (all night) as lost the plot.

These baby monitors are a waste of money too. Sat there listening to your baby breath! I couldn't think of a more depressing activity.

No wonder the health/safety is all tits up in this country. If you live your life worrying about all the bad things that can happen, you create a society that is scared to live!

• Jokerman wrote (see)

with very little up top. 

you have possibly missed your calling in life then
  • my point precisely.....
  • "I didn't comment on it FB."

you seem to be good at trying to stereotype the sport and the people who play it when you clearly know fuck all about it.....

you know about running, so stick to stuff you know something about......

• Here's a contentious issue...

I'd argue, that in terms of all round fitness (Speed, Stamina, Strength, Suppleness)  A Rugby League Centre or Winger playing at Super League standard is at the peak of physical attainment.  They also need qualities like hand to eye co-ordination and split second decision making ability...

• Here's a contentious issue...

I might agree with you Corinth as a Rugby Union man!!!
  • JM - give it up mate - you arse is sounding boring now......
  • Haha... image

To be honest FB - I really enjoyed my Rugby Union playing days. I was going to play in a vets league... but some of those old beggars had long memories...
  • Great Wigan side that JM - as a Saints supporter it pains me to say that...

• vets games are some of the hardest games around Corinth - the quality of the play can be sometimes lacking but the guys have been around the block a few times and can't be fooled. and as you say - some have long memories and scores to settle......

I retired from playing 1st team rugby at 40 and was thinking of making a comeback a year or so later for vets rugby but a broken jaw (skiing ffs!) which needed screws, plates and wires put a stop to that - thankfully probably!
  • FB - My shoulder replacement saved me from embarrassment in a vets league, the only thing I really had going for me was pace - My last game was when I played 'staff against students' at the college I was working at, at that time... big mistake.

• we used to play a dads against kids game on Boxing Day at one club I belonged to - all the kids were over 18 and despite not being a dad I often got roped in to make up numbers.........they used to run us frigging ragged but didn't like scrumming and rucking against us for some reason.....image