Options

Ice bath

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fizziofinn wrote (see)
    I often feel cold after a long run so I have a hot shower first to warm my body up ( i know you only have tepid, sorry - get it fixed ) then I put the hose on as cold as it will go for my legs from groins down. Does the job. YOu dont have to shut down the circulation to the lower limbs - just cooling is adequate.

I do that too when I don't have time for a bath. I tend to use the cold for a few mins each leg and then warm them back up again with it on warm. Does the trick, but I prefer a bath after longer runs

• Options
    soulmate wrote (see

mozzy are you still having ice baths and how are you finding them,and anyone else.

Yeah soulmate I am! I'm sure that they work for me - especially after a long run - I've started having a hot bath afterwards too - it makes the whole experience a lot more pleasurable and thus far I haven't noticed any detrimental effects - and obviously you do need to warm up fairly rapidly afterwards to get the blood flowing back through your muscles.

I did a track speed session the other day (not done one for years!) and started to feel quite sore during the evening so I had an ice bath - probably just psychological but my legs felt better afterwards.

• Options
    Soulmate - ice baths work, end of.  JFDI!!! image