Nike 10k roll call

So who's doing this next week then? There's only four signed up on the website (myself, Jason L, spans and Bizeemum), but I'm sure there's more than that doing it.

I'm number 1094. Target is sub 45, although given it's a bit hilly and going to be rather crowded, that may not be happening.

Given that we can't wear our forum vests, we need another way of recognising each other. How about artistically cutting the left sleeve off the "beautiful" yellow t-shirts?

venom

Comments

• oiyouoiyou ✭✭✭
    Venom,
    add me to the list - I'll be there. I don't know my race number yet -I'm signed up via a school team.

I'm doing the Windsor half Marathon the following weekrnd so I'm not planning to go flat out. If I get the chance I'll run at my target Half pace.

Hope to see you there - you can't miss me - shiny head, yellow vest
  • Boing!

Come on guys! Or am I running this one on my own?
  • Hey Venom, My number is 22034. I'm new at running (4 weeks experience)and have been taking part in the Nike training sessions twice a week at Regents Park and running on my own at the weekend. My time for the 8k training runs was 44 mins so I am hoping to get a time under 60 mins.

Good luck and have a good one.

Sammy :0)

• OK, my number is 09340, and I'm hoping to get round in about an hour. I'd love to go round with some others if possible..... I will be wearing a pale blue baseball cap with "Life is Good" on the front!

Wishing everyone good luck and the time you are each hoping for.

Happy Shambling!
  • Can't remember my number but I am running on Sunday. I shall be wearing a green Macmillan baseball cap. Not a particularly fast runner but enthusiastic and looking forward to it and am hoping to do it in 1.15 - in fact, I shall be happy to get round!!! Good Luck all of you and if you do happen to see a sagging bunny hobbling around in desparate need of moral support - don't be shy!!!!!!!!
  • I'm collecting my race pack this evening so will let you know tomorrow... aiming to do 45mins but have a stinking cold so will be happy to get round!!
  • Hi, my number is 12665 and Im hoping to get round in an hour ish.

Im not going to be wearing any cap or anything, the yellow t-shirt is bad enough, but Ill write a list of numbers on my hand and see if I spot anyone...

good luck on Sunday, it should be an event to remember...never been somewhere with 20,000 people all wearing the same t-shirt...
  • Hmm, must say, that yellow would have looked much better with a tan!!! Anyway, coupled with a bright green cap, I can at least be assured of a sickly palor before I even start the race!!! Should be good fun and I am sooooooooooo looking forward to my first 10k. Shall advise of race number tomorrow. Doing two final runs this week from NikeTown - Tuesdays are normal but an extra 5k run on Thursday 19th Sept has been organised. Anyway, am downing tools now. Adios Amigos and Hasta Manana ....
  • Hi ya sparkle.

I am also running with Nike Town tomorrow and Thursday to do a 5K. Say Hi to me if you see me around. I am a black female, approx 5ft 5 tall and I will be wearing my blue lycra bottoms and blue sleevless top and a blue bandana holding one of those "0" shape water bottles.
  • Morning Sammy - I too am roughly 5ft 5in (on a good day!) will be wearing a green nike top, black shorts and dodgy ponytail and also accessorising with an "O" shape bottle! Shall look out for you. I also answer to Bel! See you there.
  • Me again folks. Unearthed my number for Sunday 17974 so keep your eyes peeled! OOOHH the egg-citment is setting in.
  • I will be there on Sunday don't know my number but will look out for all the above caps and numbers

Good luck to all ..........hope to be able to see some of you as I am running on my own.

I will be in the bright yellow tee-shirt by the way !!!!!!!
  • I will be the one running like a recently shot gazelle

• Hi you lot. Have decided on a career change and have moved to the Magic Roundabout, hence the new name!!! (sparkle was strange).
    By the way Mark, how do shot gazelles normally run? Is it wonky or fast? Please advise....
  • I'll be there number 10130 I think - its at home! Aiming for 45-48 mins. Did Crawley 10K last year in 52.30 with a hangover so hope to improve this time around. I am the one with a hooge scar showing on me 'ed cos I have just shaved it a bit too short!
  • badly, slowly and with very little style
  • Zebedee (AKA Sparkle)

Sorry couldnt make the run today. I stuffed myself with too much chocolate and was too bloated to run. However I will most definitely be attending the Nike Training run on Thursday with that Sonia O'Sullivan person. I will be wearing my black Nike lycra top and bottoms, asics trainers and blue bandana holding my "O" shape water bottle. Again say hi if you see me. If not have a good run on Sunday.

Sam :0)
  • Hi Sammy - well my halo is pinching - I did the 7k last night and really enjoyed it.
    I looked like I was auditioning for the exorcist last night looking for you! Anyway, hope to see you on Thursday and hope you enjoyed the chocolate.

Hasta la vista baby!
  • I'll be there on Sunday, number 007! (well technically 00007). Hopefully this number has
    nothing to do with my expected finishing position - I'll be happy with 50 mins

J. Bond
  • Does anyone know if/when this race will be on TV? I am running New Forest and would love to set my video recorder so that I have the Paula/Sonia showdown to look forward to when I get back.
  • Finally remembered to bring my number in!: 16498.

Used one of the hills on the course for hill training last night, so figure that now I have run it 8 times one more won't kill me!!
  • Spans - how big is/are the hill/s? How panicked should I be? Still really excited though! I've never entered anything before, and I don't really know what to expect, but I'm looking forward to it very much. And, hopefully, some of us will get to hook up and go round together.

Happy Shambling!
  • Is this a very big hill ???

What is the course like it looks very nice on the map but i didn't see any hills

• That's the problem with a map - no hills!! Getting scared now, maybe I won't make it round in an hour after all.

Happy Shambling!
  • oh great - forgot about the hills! hmm, rethinking strategies, must think of a good idea - I know!!!! which of you strong lads (Godzilla maybe???) can pull me around on rope or, better still, give me a piggy back?
    Any offers......? Anyway, do hope to be back before nightfall.
  • The course is what I would call 'undulating' ie the hills are not steep, but are fairly frequent (up & down) and sloping! The one I was training on last night is probably the worst being that it is long but as it is at the beginning of the course you get it over and done with fairly quickly!!

On a plus point, the last part of the course is nice and flat so you should be able to do that sprint finish!!

Don't worry about it, Richmond Park is a truly beautiful place to run and there will be loads of people to help you keep going.
  • Sprint! What's that? No, the only "S" word I use is Shambler!

Spans - hope your cold is getting better, if not and you fancy a Shamble on Sunday....

Happy Shambling!
  • Spans is right, the last 4K, once you get to the car park between the Kingston and Robin Hood gate, is either downhill or flat.... it's the first 6K! I've run most of the course, using the path, over the past few weeks without it killing me. Having missed a lot of training because of injuries, you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Can't remember the number but see you all Sunday.... all dressed in yellow!
  • I'll be there too, race number is 2016 (I think). I haven't run in Richmond Park before, so I'm looking forward to no pavements, car dodging or exhaust fumes! Aiming for 45min, but will not be pushing too hard to save my legs for the Great North Run two weeks after.

Good luck all...
  • I am sooooo looking forward to Sunday and can't believe I will be actually taking part.

Every year for the last 5 years I have been saying that I will do the Flora Marathon, but have never even entered myself for them and when I watch it on TV have always wished I had.

I see this race (my first race ever) as a stepping stone for many more races to come including the Flora Marathon which I am pleased to say I have sent my entry for.

Anyway good luck everyone.

Sammy :0)