Options

Nike 10k roll call

2»

Comments

• Options
    Did Ratcatcher say Paula Radcliffe was running on Sunday in the Nike 10K? Does anybody know if she is?
  • Options
    I have heard she should be ruunning and also the capital radio team including Foxy .........oooooooooooo !!!!
  • Options
    If Paula's running - she'll be at the finish before the green swooshes (ie. moi) even get to the Start Line ! Crikey, better oil up my spring or take whatever Dillon was on!
  • Options
    It's advertised that Paula is running Sunday and that's probably why it's being shown on Grandstand BBC2 Sunday afternoon. Get those videos going folks! You might get a glimpse of myself in the background when she finishes..... as most of us mortals cross the start line!
  • Options
    myself sholuld have been yourself.... I'm not that fast either!
  • Options
    Home territory for me, can't remember my number. Hills are not too bad, but the start is straight uphill, so watch all the keen folk race off and suffer! It will be crowded like last year, but at least there are big wide roads all the way round.
  • Options
    Paula Radcliffe and Sonia O'Sullivan are running on Sunday, so in someways I wish that I was watching rather than running. I suspect though that both of them will use it as a training run as opposed to actually racing, but even so it will be run at a far faster pace than I will ever manage!!
  • Options
    Spans - you can always watch the run on video or whatever - AND you get better viewing following the camera .... sooo, best of both worlds - watching the video and rubbing your chin thoughtfully and musing, mmmmm, yes, I was there, I remember it well.... Also, pour yourself a glass of wine and then log onto the red/white wine debate on the forum!!! What a sweet life...
    BOING can't wait for spring...
  • Options
    I was at the Nike Town run tonight. Sonia O'Sullivan talked bout her running etc. She also ran with us, well when I say with us I mean she zoomed past me and I never saw her again.

Anyway was pleased with myself coz I have knocked 2 minutes and 31 seconds off my first 5K run 4 weeks ago and was in more control than ever. I am well pleased with myself.

Zebedee was you there, I was looking out for you but not sure whom to look for coz you never described yourself.

Anyway 2 days to go people - yippee!

Sammy :0)
  • Options
    Hi All!

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck and fun on Sunday.

Mum has just undergone emergency surgery so I won't be there with you.

Happy Shambling!
  • Options
    Sammy - glad you made the run last night, which was more than I did! Didn't finish work until 6ish and I would have been pushed to get there. Anyway, my penance was dragging myself out of bed at 6.30 this morning for a trundle round the park - only had time for 3k before heading off to work.

Hope you all enjoy Sunday.

BONNE CHANCE MES AMIS
  • Options
    HI, all

Sorry to see you wont be there Shambler, but hope your Mum is soon feeling better. Best wishes.

Good luck all, Im going to take a list of all the numbers and see if I can spot anyone..

Netty
  • Options
    Ah, the weekend is here! Wishing everyone the best race on Sunday, I'll be there. Please don't litter the park to badly, it is my local training ground!
  • Options
    Run Forrest Run.

have a fandabbydozy day
  • Options
    Have stuffed myself with junk food over the last week and now feel not fantastic about running tomorrow but am still looking forward to it. I wonder why I did eat like that, do you think its cos I am anxious about the race(my first race ever)?????

Anyway peeps the it has finally arrived, well nearly.

All have a good night's sleep and I shall see you tomorrow(My number is 22034 and I shall be wearing my bandana which is the same colour as our tops - sexy yellow, ha, ha.

Good luck and have a good run.

Sammy :0)
  • Options

Bloody hell, my forst ever race tomorrow and it looks like I am going to be up all night working.
    So I will be in number 20033. The tall redhead with big bags under my eyes.
  • Options
    what a fiasco...didnt get to the park despite setting off at 7am!! got to wimbledon at 10 ish only to be faced wiht a several mile long queue to catch the shuttle bus, at that point I gave up. Richmond must be the hardest place to get to.

NOT happy and needless to say wont be doing another mass event for a long time, I will stick to small local outings and not worry about coming last

hope other runners had a better time and enjoyed yourselves.Off to have a bath and a big drink

Netty
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about that Netty. I was one of the lucky ones who managed to squeeze onto a train to Barnes from Clapham. Started at the front of the intermediate alondside Chris Moyles. Needless to say I burned him off when the hooter went! Improved on my last 10K and finished on 47 mins 03 secs. I am happy with that considering the delays, the crowds and two tough hills!!
  • Options
    Well done everybody who took part today.

Stevo - you should be well proud of your time.

I did mine in 57 minutes and I am really pleased with my time considering I've only been running for approximately 4 weeks.

Netty - I am so sad you missed this and hope you do it next year.

• Options
    Thanks for the message Stevo and Sammy, great times and you sound like you enjoyed your day. Good for you Stevo , leaving chris moyles in your dust(hateful man!)

I dont think Ill be doing any runs like that for a long time. I have never been so stressed as this morning traipsing around london.

If i do do the nike 10 k next year, Ill make sure Ill book into a hotel near the park, if not in it...(or sleep on a bench).

anyway Im glad you enjoyed your day and carry on racing..

Netty