Options

March Training Rides

As it's almost half past March it was time for a new thread. So, last list on the now defunct Feb Training Ride thread was:

Saturday 13th March - Cobham, 57 miles
DTB (bit poorly)
Barley
Dustboy (possiby)
Kanga (maybe, might ride down/back as well...)

Saturday 20th March - Box Hill 4-5 hours.
Barley (possibly)

Any more takers ?

Comments

• Options
    Pretty sure I'm a no - feel like utter sh1te and still have three more long days to go, think I will be sleeping on Sat, might make it out on Sun, but not looking that likely... Just saying in case anyone was relying on me to know the way....
  • Options
    If this is open to all then I would love to have a go.   Although 57miles may be a bit ambitious as only ever done 25 and that was yesterday with a few pirates!  Hoping I would be able to keep you lot in sight but please feel free to shout out that this is a fast one and I will creep back out.......... off to google how far Cobham is. image
  • Options
    I'm a possible - wont know until Thurs whether I can make iit
  • Options
    slimshadyslimshady ✭✭✭
    DTB (bit poorly)
    Barley
    Dustboy (possiby)
    Kanga (maybe, might ride down/back as well...)

Barley (possibly)
    Slimshady (maybe)

• Options
    UltraCasUltraCas ✭✭✭

saffers - go for it! i had never done more than 25 before my first march training ride with this lot last year and i survived and did far better than i expected. the chat will get you round so you'll not notice the miles in the same way as you would on your own.

• Options

UltraCas I am very tempted and it's not that far from me.  It's a also a case of whether people mind a relatively slower rider.

What are the timings to meet up and where would the meeting point be?

Cheers

• Options
    Saturday 13 March: I'm meeting with a friend (scotty burrows) around pishill/henley to do the 70 mile medio fondo route of the chiltern 100. We're both far too heavy for hills so it'll be a 5+ hours we reckon. Anyone is more than welcome to join. I'll put times and places up when we've decided when to do it
  • Options

Saffers - I'm thinking that 57 miles is too much for me at the moment, but if there is a shortcut that we could take to make it nearer 30 miles (or  40 miles depending on how we feel) I'd be up for that.  We can start with the pack and still meet at the end afterwards????image

Edit - just realised thats this Saturday which I can't do - sorry.image  But maybe an option another time. 

• Options

Soupy that's a shame as that would have been good........we've done 25 so 40 we could definitely manage image  Another time would be great though.

Hope you are not feeling too bruised, you did great with those clipless devils and made it look easy......well apart from the falling but it was just the once. image

• Options
    Now you've all mastered the upflats, it's time to conquer the downflats !
  • Options
    Given other things going on I'm going to bucker on this Saturday's ride image Will probably ride locally tomorrow, run Saturday, and coin in the brownie points with a ride/run free Mothers Day on Sunday. I am *such* a good husband, must remind Mrs K how lucky she is to have me ....

DTB (bit poorly)
    Barley
    Dustboy (possiby)

Barley (possibly)
    Slimshady (maybe)

• Options

This looks like it won't be happening.....too many poorly people I think.  

Kanga......very impressed with the "good hubby" performance.  My hubby is off up to Scotland to watch the rugby.......a work thing of course and playing it down, it's obviously a chore for the poor soul! image

• Options
    I agree, Kanga's jinxed the rides.

Its a 3 hour round trip by car for me and not really worth it if there are just a couple of us.

Jellybaby, I would be interested in the Chiltern Ride (which is a lot nearer to me) if you post the details.
  • Options
    Well, the plan was to meet outside the Crown Inn at pishill at about 8/9am, then do the route from there. However, scotty's now ill and he's the one who knows the route (and I haven't got a garmin to download it with). Have you got a garmin/clever computer thingy that we can map the route in? or we could always to audax-stylee route cards? We were expecting to do this route in about 5-6 hours cos we aren't fast up hills (you should see me going down though, nothing like a good weight advantage)
  • Options
    I havnt got a garmin thingy, normally I like to get lost image  Would it be better to wait until we have someone that knows the route?  No worries about speed, time in the saddle suits me.

I will send you my mobile number via private message, at least youll have my contact details.
  • Options

This might be an option for the 28th, a Sportive Training day with endless loops ...

• Options

Endless loops? How do I know when to have my PowerCry(tm) ?

• Options
    Not an option on your new Garmin thingy to schedule them in ?
  • Options
    UltraCasUltraCas ✭✭✭
    i'm sure we could create an alarm at intervals to fit them in
  • Options

It's a possibility, but I think  I'd rather spend the £17 entry fee  on the petrol to get to South Cerney to do Waff's flattish 25mile loop a few times.  And with the change I'd buy cakes and frothy coffee at the excellent Coots Cafe.

And I'm scared of Petworth...

• Options
    Artful Hen wrote (see)
    And I'm scared of Petworth...
    Hills are you friend mate, you just need to get to know a few more of them a bit better image
  • Options
    Evening all. Just butting in for a sec... image I can't make any of these rides unfortunately, but i'm hoping to do the Bala course bike ride on either Wed 7th or Thurs 8th April, as i'll be heading down south anyway for a wedding on the 10th. So I thought if I mentioned it here, can you add that to the April rides thread when it is started, and maybe folk can come along if interested? Also, can someone poke me (oo-er image ) when that thread starts? Fanks!
  • Options

Not scared of hills ... just the Petworth triangle...

Waff and I did lots of hills yesterday image