Saturday Session

Nothing to see here ... move along... away we go....

Comments

• What: rest day today
    Why: Robin Hood half for me tomorrow, first one -oooooh!
    Last hard day: Wednesday
  • What: 6 or 7 miles steady
    Why: Need the mileage
    Last hard day: Thursday
    Rest day: Wed
    Does a game of golf count towards mileage?
    Good luck at the RH Gnash.
  • What: grass cutting.
    Why: Nessie did hers this week and that must mean mine needs doing.

Last hard: yesterday.
    Last rest: Thurs.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • What: an hour around Rutland Water (not the whole way!)
    Why: want to enjoy some off-road running whilst the weather is still nice.
    Last hard day: wednesday
    rest: friday.
  • What: nothing
    Why: rest before Robin Hood half tomorrow...feeling really nervous now!
    Last rest day: Thursday
    Last hard day: Tuesday.

Did do a gentle 2.5 mile run yesterday and the knee was feeling a lot better. Having read earlier posts on the Robin Hood I'm now worried that if I miss directions from the marshalls I might end up doing twice the distance. Having run races where I've had to ask the marshalls which way to go because they've been chatting instead of directing, this is a distinct possibility!
  • What: 9 miles fartlek with bursts of 200m up to 1 mile @ between 1 mile and 1/2M pace.

Why: Saturday has become fartlek day
    because it means I can put in a third weekly speed session without it interfering with my Sunday long run - fartlek is like that for me, I can train fairly hard and come out feeling refreshed rather than worn down. I find it's guaranteed to give you that endorphin rush better than any other kind of running and that's reason enough for me to stick with it.

Last rest day: yesterday, wasn't meant to be but work got in the way, drat it!

Last hard day: Thursday tempo run

Good luck everyone doing Robin Hood tomorrow.
  • Hi all

Today is a rest day...planned honestly, nothing to do with copious amounts of wine last night...!

Yesterday just did a quick 3 miles as we had friends coming to stay
    Last hard day: prob Sun
    Last rest day: Mon
  • What : 13.1 miles

Why : My last long run before Windsor.

Last rest day : Can we not talk about it please I've only managed today's run and a 4 miler on Thursday this week
  • what: that "crosstraining" lark again. Already been buffeted around Sainsbury's for the weekly fruit & veg shop. Also, I managed to drive the car without an inkling of pain (anyone who's tracking my entries for today's forums (fora) will realise that I'm telling everyone and anyone) which of course anyone would realise allows me FREEDOM to do what I want, which translates roughly into going to the gym. woo hoo!! Also 3 mile doggie walk planned for this evening.

Why: because we needed food and a car to get there :o) and dog needs his walk

Last Rest Day: Wednesday - did nothing but sleep all afternoon!

Last Hard Day: Friday - went to work and saw all my buds and the boss and went to the pub (lemonade) on the way home with my mates and so by the time I got home at 6:3-pm I was shattered and I didn't even do any work!
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: must be grass cutting time!
    Why: first cut since new lawn was laid 4 weeks ago.

After cutting the grass managed to do 8.4 miles steady. Felt a bit sore after last night's speed session. Only managed to do 8 x 400 rather than the planned 10 but averaged 73 secs per lap which was OK as it's the first time I've managed to do any speed session at an overall pace of sub 5 min mile.

Last hard day: yesterday
    Last rest day: last Friday
  • Gnasher, RR, I hope you have a fantastic race tomorrow. Cath, I'm going to put your picture up beside Fauja Singh's in my "bow down and worship" gallery. Really impressed that you're driving comfortably and thinking about the gym already.

What: Usual Saturday morning gym and swim session. Bodypump class (much more vigorous than Wednesday's attempt since I'd spent yesterday sitting on my butt and feeding my face, had a good night's sleep and breakfasted mightily rather than rolling straight intot he gym from work), 20mins stepping, 30mins intervals on the treadmill and 1km swim. My calves felt the upward slope on the way home.

Why: Because it's Saturday and I'm not racing tomorrow.

Last hard day: Thursday.

Last rest day: Yesterday.

A bit of gardening planned for this afternoon, followed by taking the kids shopping (Kevin and I both need shoes) and meeting Mr V-rap, who by that time should have walked 5 miles and swum as many lengths as he can swim, in Druckers for coffee and cake.
  • Not surprised I'm not the only one cutting the grass! Needed doing as I'd left it at least three weeks,fortunately I didn't have my little 'helper' aged 4 1/2 as she was busy watching the Powerpuff Girls.
    However the new grass (seed put down a few weeks ago) looks lush, makes the rest of the front garden look shabby....

What: Gym later for some hill programme
    Why : Not done any hills for a while and can't be bothered to do them on the road.
    Last Hard : Yesterday
    Last Rest : Thursday

Long run tomorrow (16.5miles/ca 2hours) so I'll only do 30-45 minutes today.
  • What: 3 miles
    waiting till the footie crowds have dispersed ...
    Why: no idea .. training has no real structure at the moment.
    Last rest: Friday
    Last hard: Tuesday

• Treadmill for 35 minutes(intervals) and some weights
    Too tired after not much sleep
    Easy day tomorrow, im in a hotel for the night
    Bet it has a gym---
  • What: am 5m, pm 8m inc 8*90s fast/slow

Why: In plan, and to loosen legs, and remind them that there is another pace other than 'marathon'
    Last rest: 06/09
    Last hard: Yesterday
  • What: Nothing
    Why: Rest day before tomorrow
    Days since last hard run: Wednesday
    Days since last rest: Today

Good luck to everone else who is racing tomorrow. May see you there :o)

Gareth
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    What: 1600m swim
    Why: tri training and too tired to run. I've got very sore quads after Thursday's long run and I feel a little drained. I'm racing tomorrow, but hope a early night will do the trick.
    Last hard day: Thursday
    Last rest: yesterday
  • What: 3miles slow/mod pace, yoga workshop-thingy, couple of pints of booze
    Why: recovery run after yesterday's long run, yoga 'cos it's good for me dicky back and I likes it, booze to take my mind off 10K race tomorrow
    Last hard day: Friday
    Last rest day: Wednesday
    Next rest day: Monday. Yaaaayy!!!
  • Good luck tomorrow Hilly, take it easy.
    Failed miserably with my grass cutting as I couldn't start the ****** lawnmower; other half away and much too proud to simper around to the neighbours asking for a hand.

Vrap, been meaning to ask for ages, what exactly is a Bodypump class?
  • What: 15 mile LSD.
    Why: Training for the Venice marathon at the end of October. Achilles prob's have cocked up my training, so I'm desperate to get some longer runs in.
    Last hard: 10 mile race last Wednesday.
    Last rest: today :-))