Strange foot pain - any idea?

Started getting a very strange feeling pain in the underneath part of the ball of my big toe. If my foots flat on the floor and i lift my heel as if to start walking then alls good, but if my foots flat and then i point my toes upwards i get a horrible boney kind of pain on the inner part of the ball joint almost like bone rubbing on tendons and pressing them against the floor. It even does it when wearing hard soled shoes.

When im running i dont get any pain at all.

Any ideas please.

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

if it's a pain when you flex your toes, wiggle them up and down this sounds like something I had last year.

I went on the net and it was something to do with hyper extending the tendons, often caused by a lot of hill running.

To treat this I basically put my foot in a bowl of hot water (not too hot obviously) and aggressively wiggled the toes as hard as I could.

I had previously tried resting for a few days and there was no improvement, but a couple of days of carrying on running while doing the hot water wiggling toes thing and it completely healed it. That's what I call active recovery.

From your description I'm a little unclear if it's the toes or more the foot that is the problem. If it is the toes go with the above advice, if it's more the foot, than think again.

Twizzling a golf ball under your foot is often a good way to break up waste material, but that's usually more for Plantar Fasciitis.