Define please...

2»

Comments

• I go out for a run, therefore I am a RUNNER, I analyse the speed I go. It is slow therefore I am a PLODDER.

I son't see myself as a jogger. If I went on a Jog, I would be able to run faster than I currently can, but go at the speed I currently do. i.e. a Jogger is a Runner taking thing easily.

However as RRR all Joggers and Plodders are Runners.
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    I thought about this thread on my run on Saturday! came up with a new theory.
    Decided to jog back from work, was wearing a pair of new shoes for the first time.

As I was running along in the heat, I found the run so much harder than I should have, it felt like a plod, so instead of being a jogger, as I intended for that day, I was a plodder.

Then after about half an hour, I started to have a good spell, + turned into a runner.

nearly home, it was still very hot, to avoid becoming a plodder again, and suffering in the heat, I jogged it in, nice and easy.

There you go!

• A plodder and proud of it.Plodders of the world unite!
  • This whole what is a runner/jogger/plodder argument is very similar (identical) to the ‘what is a biker’ (bikes with engines!). i.e. Is a summer biker a *real* biker. Do you have to ride in all weathers or have an old nail as your ride etc etc. You see. People are people with the same nonsense prejudices. We can’t help it. We’re all human.
    If you’re out there putting one foot in front of the other, then good for you. Call yourself a hamster if you want, the name doesn’t matter. If your on two wheels and missing the traffic, then also, good for you.

Steven. A biking/running/plodding/jogging/ scratching/fathering/commuting/………..
  • A hamster by any other name would smell as sweet?
  • Well, I'm a slow plodder - how DO I manage to stay in the air between strides?

13 minute miler, me, and proud of it. But I definitely wouldn't call myself a runner. I have runner friends though, so maybe one day...
  • why not Chalky
    You are a runner!
  • Just realised I am now officially a plodder/jogger/runner. Never realised until reading this that I could be alll three! Most of the time I definitely plod, sometimes I jog and on very good days (for a very short time) I run. Now I understand it all. Thanks.
  • I totally agree with annajo and that's exactly what happened to me today !!