London Marathon charity places

2»

Comments

• Lamkjo

Not sure what happened there, haven't been indoors for hours and it done it off its own back!! he he!!

The thing is with these charities is eventually they will shoot themselves in the foot and then no one will want to run for them!

Good luck too Lamkjo.

What time you expecting to do it in?
  • A girl I work with made tablet (a scottish sweet) for me to sell around the ward where we work.  Made £30 for my charity with minimal effort.  Will be doing that again.  Plus had a raffle and raised over £300.  You'd be surprised how many local businesses and people will donate something to raffle.  Its just a case of being cheeky and sending lots of letters out.  So far I have £1400 out of a £2000 target so I am hopeful I can raise the full amount. 

I must say I would think twice before taking a Golden Bond place again.  Training for a marathon takes over your life, and the spare time I did have has been occupied by worrying about fundraising.  I can see why the charities set a limit, after all they have lots of people wanting to run, but £1500 + is a lot of money.