Royal Parks Half 2010

2»

Comments

• Anna - I got a confirmation email & a separate confirmation of payment email a couple of minutes after finally managing to register (that was at about 11am after an hour of constantly hitting refresh!)

I had problems with missing confirmation emails last year but after a couple of emails back & forth it did get sorted out, & the staff were genuinely helpful.

Hope you hear soon. image

• Hurrah! image

I'm not at home so will have to check for confirmation e-mails later....

• Does anyone know how many places there are in total for the 2010 race, and the split of total places between public, charity, corporate team and corporate partners?  It's just a hunch but I suspect that in line with the race's green credentials an increased number of places have been designated as charity places.  It may also be that more £200 corporate team places are available this year, at the expense of £45 individual public places...

Commiserations to anyone who tried to enter but was unsuccessful.  After entering and re-entering my details many times I was lucky enough to get a public place for the third year in a row...  It took far less time for me to successfully enter this year than in 2009.  Luckily enough it would seem otherwise I would not have got a place.

• 4500 public places apparently...
  • Kathy HKathy H ✭✭✭

I spent 45 minutes trying to confirm my details! Then I had to go out, so I've missed itimage

So it is an opportunity to run another (cheaper) half. There are others.

•  Likewise i spent an hour registering  this morning then gave up. Good luck if you got in.
  • I've just been on the Facebook page, my mind is now slightly broken from the sight of strange painted naked people and the Ramsay's missus waving a bunch of daffs...

Anyway, this is interesting: - "the public race places consist of just over 25% of the total running field. The rest consist of the corporate challenge, charity places, international challenge and sponsor allocation. So in total 16,000 places avaliable." 

• My confirmation e-mails were in my spam filter when I got home....
  • I tried several times from 10am but couldn't geet on at all to start with and then couldn't gone into the signing up page.  Had to go out and of course found the Sold out sign when I got back - bah humbbug!

However, I usually run one race each year for Cancer Research (really can't be asking folks to contribute more than once) so I have just got a place through Cancer Research who ask for a minimum of £400 which should be do-able, just.  

See you there! ()got a pb last year cos I messed up my Garmin at the start and then didn't really look at it again.  Knocked about 10 mins off my previous half PB so I was well chuffed.

I'm thinking they may need a ballot for this one next year or perhaps they shouldn't have aksed everyone to register their interest and then announced the exact moment for signing up.

• Response to mail and request for a ballot.

"We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we are reviewing the entry system for the public places for 2011 and taking advice on ballot entry systems in line with many of the other more established big races.

We hope we can assure you that the website did not crash, hence the rapid sale of the places, but did receive huge pressure from the many thousands of people trying to purchase a place which meant it did slow down and many people did get “timed out” meaning that they had to try again, and again.

As you will have seen, we have a limited number of places for the Half Marathon (mainly due to the restrictions on the timing of the road closures), of which just over 25% are allocated to “public” places. However, although we are waiting on the exact statistics, it seems that many thousands of people were logging on to try and get those places and they did sell out in under 3 hours.

Once again, I’m sorry that you’re disappointed this morning – but very much hope that you will either try to gain a place through the promotion in the Daily Telegraph on Wednesday, or by choosing to run for one of our many charity partners."

• I still feel very disappointed that places went so fast, l didn't even get a chance to log on !!! I phoned Royal Parks and asked them how many places were available she said 4500 and suggested l try and get a charity place !! OR try and win one of the 50 places up for grabs in the Daily Telegraph.....50 places eh that gives me an even better chance than 4500...me thinks not image
  • Is anyone else still waiting for their email? 

I havea charity place through CancerReserarch UK and they said Royal Parks would send me an email shortly.  I know there was a little delay initially.  Is anyone in the same boat as me and still waiting to hear from them?