Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• What Jason said! Good work on the XC all, I watched the Essex champs at Colchester on Saturday easily won by Alex Short who has just represented GB U23 at the Euros... he made it look easy! 

• Dachs wrote (see)

Yes, sorry, just the MP section. I'm not Samir Haddad.

Can we be sure? He runs unaffiliated and he pulls that jacket up and his hat down. You also seem to be very fast off the mark with graphics, almost as if you have them prepared in advance ...

• Och... I'm sure dear Alice would be flattered really!

Seb, sounds like a tough day. Nothing worse than when a race/session just drags on and on. Well done for finishing at least

Good run Dachs.

Only... wait for it... 6m for me this morning! V slow pace, legs were heavy from yesterday.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Afternoon all. At least I think its afternoon. Still jet-lagged from the journey home from kewi-land.

Congrats all round to the racers, its going to be a while before I do that again; I have to run for a start.

Now that Bus has brought up the subject,

The Bus wrote (see)

Oh, and more of a gent than this guy image

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PKfZ0pDxbMc/UsmXugSnMKI/AAAAAAAAC_4/QYT0UW3bjgQ/s512/IMG_2545.JPG

I actually know this chap from TVH. he's quite a fast runner.

He must have been having a bad one.

Maybe not.

From NZ: My mother-in-laws car.

/members/images/493151/Gallery/sg.png

No escaping SG.

🙂

• Bunch of old perverts on here, I think I’ll fit right in………

Particularly impressed by Dean and Stevie See’s efforts at the weekend. Congrats on the county vest PC.

Tough run the day after a parkrun/tempo effort Dachs.

Turns out I was 76th out of 260 runners at the Yorkshire XC Champs. A bit of power of 10 stalking tells me I was finishing around the right level of runner. 50 miles clocked last week, aiming for more like 60 with the usual ingredients, tempo, intervals, long run and plenty fill-in mileage this week. Started out with 6.6miles before breakfast this morning.

• Mr VMr V ✭✭✭

Some top notch cross country running going on over the weekend.

I went and had a crack at my parkrun PB on Saturday but soon found I had nothing in the tank and downgraded things to 10k pace after mile one. I’d had a hard week leading up to it so my coach said it wasn’t the best idea to do it – that’s what I get for not following the plan!

There were an impressive group of 14 year olds who all beat me. The fastest notching a 16.05! Not too shabby. I looked him up and he’s got the fastest 800 time in that age group for 2013. Legs annoyingly felt super fresh yesterday on my long run, which is never the case after a good race.

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Mr V, I find that my parkrun PB and my 10K pace are virtually the same thing anyway, so sounds like a decent run-out to me.

• Me too! Except that my parkrun PB is slower...

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

And mine!

Nice long run that dachs. Good to see it's coming back post Abo - hoepfully in time for Wokingham (and hopefully for me too in the next few weeks!).

No run today, but a lunchtime swim instead.

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

as my parkrun pb is 18.06 its much slower than my HM ave pace. image

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Wayhay - I've got a PB the same as Dean image (did you hop round or was it a long time ago?)

• He was tailrunner. image

• Parkrun PB way in excess of anything else. Not sure what that says about me. Ability to succeed at muddy not-a-race but struggles when placed upon known fast, flat course

Easy run tonight. 2 laps of the Alleenring in Aachen which is about 12km in total.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

welcome back Ric old son

• Loving all the XC antics on here. Anyone doing the Northerns (or mids/southerns)? Pretty sure I am as it's quite local to me.

The Nationals are in Nottingham too this year. Think I'll do them too. Such a huge event to be part of. It's like a huge celebration of country wide XC running. I hear the course is really good there too.

• Y D wrote (see)

Particularly impressed by Dean and Stevie See’s efforts at the weekend. Congrats on the county vest PC.

Turns out I was 76th out of 260 runners at the Yorkshire XC Champs.

Increasingly conscious that I'm running in a relatively weak county. Just a quick poke around a few sets of results shows I just wouldnt make it in most. Probably some interesting comparisons to be made but I think I get the idea!

• PC2 - me too, just looked at results for my birth county and there's no way I'd have qualified there! Whereas here there are a few very good women, but not that many, then there's a massive gap before the people like me who make up the rest of the team.

• ML84ML84 ✭✭✭

welcome back Ric, 

my Parkrun PB is slower than my 10k pace also. It probably doesn't help that most run it as a session with no taper or rest beforehand. 

The top 4 in our county xc champs I think have all represented GB on the fells or at mountain running. that's with Ben Fish missing who usually wins and a couple of 30/31 min 10k lads too. 

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

PC2,.a lot of counties are simply bigger. It's interesting looking at the results though, seem to be a lot of Reading AC absentees. Jack G the only one ahead of you. Usually you'd expect a few top 10, but a few names missing.

• IronCat5 wrote (see)

Easy run tonight. 2 laps of the Alleenring in Aachen which is about 12km in total.

That is a nice place to run, but the Weißbier afterwards does me no good.

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭
    The Bus wrote (see)

Wayhay - I've got a PB the same as Dean image (did you hop round or was it a long time ago?)

Ha ha, Plenty of excuses!  Mine was 2 yrs ago when i had just started out & only raced one 10k, on a hilly course but It was in the middle of a 13 run. Ran 5 miles there, park run and 5 back.  image

Pc2.  Everyone else's county always look better.  A good guide is would you have been a counter for other counties at last yrs inters.  I'm guessing you would have been In plenty.

ss - just got info on midlands and nationals.  Not sure yet if I'm doing the nationals.

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Dean, no excuses now - 5 miles is a great warm up for a parkrun. I do at least 3. Who's got a touch of the Samirs now? image

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Yeah, you'll be telling us your clothes were too warm and there had been fireworks the night before next image

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

I think I wore gloves... That must have cost me some time.   Plus I was tired after my 12hr slow run.  

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Hang on, don't warm clothes make you faster now though? I'm confused.

• What's the latest with the Samir fella? I don't bother with his thread!

8 miles - 7:36avg. Feet are blistered and battered to hell after the spikes from the weekend! Track session looks good tomorrow... I'll just try not to body bag myself for once!

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

SS- i cant keep away , that thread keeps on giving. he is a good lad really , just on the wind up.  not a bad runner just he thinks the improvement curve will keep on going. my legs were wrecked from the weekend so i didnt go out yesterday, and like you the soles of my feet are sore/bruised.

Dachs - samir is faster with warm clothing on but they have an adverse affect on me.  if i raced in a coat it would slow me down.  i must be doing something wrong

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

He's not so popular with Rob now after his last ill-informed tirade!

• The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

7.5M xc for me this morning - just a tad soggy!! Worked hard to get to the train station in time only to find the train was then 25 mins late - just what I needed, standing in the rain in my shorts and t-shirt slowly becoming hypothermic image

• The Bus - I genuinely think Samir is bonkers!! and a classic wind up merchant!