Options

Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• Options
    .Seb.Seb ✭✭✭

Have a good one Ric.

Possibly you trained with the wrong guys Dachs, 3miles at close to 10K pace as the first rep in a session is not my idea of fun.

Thats abit more than your average tempo session Johnas! I have never heard of anyone doing 3 x 20 mins at tempo as a training session, pure mental. I've just worked up to 3 x 10mins or 24mins at true tempo pace and that is a significant session! You've got to start thinking the pace needs to be upped? you didnt rely on the watch for distance I hope. I guess you just could laps and guess the bits over at the 20mins?

Do you not do any running at true tempo pace SG?

Looks like you've already started marathon training Stevie See if your running at MP pace!

This rain is annoying. Want to run but probably shouldnt. Taking out afew easy runs from the schedule as Plantar Fasciitis is trying to come back image but its not too extreme to impact much yet, Not like PMJ, one foot twice the size of the other! Not good hope it goes down soon.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Seb, I did 3miles worth in my run on Wednesday, keep up old son image

See-man, for one min that sounded mental, you finish every easy paced run with MP miles? That doesn't sound like it'd end well? Although like you say, it's not actual MP it's more steady...so you probably get away with it.

Gout Phil? I thought that was something you got in the neck, all those old timey type historical people got it!

Hope it calms down, Seb you too with the potential pf. Having only had that once, for about 2 days I can recall the pain on simply walking!

• Options

Ouch Philip! Gout can be very painful. Seems to be on omething of a comeback as well. I know a few people who suffer (and only one of them wears a ruff and looks like Henry VIII!)

• Options

SG, you are confusing that with goitre or goiter which is in the neck. This is definitely in the foot: can you guess which one?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CBhYJGL0Yfw/UjNef6VDJvI/AAAAAAAAATw/rtFSGhHIgTI/s1024/IMG_0880%255B1%255D.JPG

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Cheers Seb.

In 24 hours I should be halfway. 

Hardest bit is timing the arrival of the incoming runner with me scoffing a tuna bagel and downing a litre of isotonic drink. (Takes me 4 minutes) No kidding.

🙂

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

very probably Phil.

And I think your photo has just lost us half the readership of this thread!! image

• Options

Phil, are you going to post that picture on every thread I read? image

Didn't Henry VIII have syphilis?

• Options

Gout = too much red wine and steak! Hope it's better Phil. Annually I get a very sore big toe joint, but no swelling.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

just be glad it's only a foot problem Litto!

• Options

Used to be alot of Gout in the Sgt's Mess, it was associated with consuming alot of rich food & drink, the drink being Port.... Not very pleasant from what I remember...

Aiming for a 90% WAVA, two choice's, either maintain my current fitness for the next fourteen years, or try and knock two minutes & seven seconds off my current 5k time... Decisions Decisions.... Need to consult Amstel, not any Amstel but the sixth one!!!

Johnas... Very impressed with session, but then to find out it was done on a cinder track BRAVO... A guy from our club done one of those 24hr track races, (Why... I dont know)...  And he achieved 114mile, and he was BRAVO BRAVO... Now before you jump on and say thats nothing compared to blahhh... I live in the South-West and were easily impressed....

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Bluenose74 wrote (see)

Used to be alot of Gout in the Sgt's Mess, it was associated with consuming alot of rich food & drink, the drink being Port.... Not very pleasant from what I remember...

Aiming for a 90% WAVA, two choice's, either maintain my current fitness for the next fourteen years, or try and knock two minutes & seven seconds off my current 5k time... Decisions Decisions.... Need to consult Amstel, not any Amstel but the sixth one!!!

Johnas... Very impressed with session, but then to find out it was done on a cinder track BRAVO... A guy from our club done one of those 24hr track races, (Why... I dont know)...  And he achieved 114mile, and he was BRAVO BRAVO... Now before you jump on and say thats nothing compared to blahhh... I live in the South-West and were easily impressed....

it's funny how there's a sliding scale of a "why" response. We get it enough for how much we run.

But I have to say, 24hours on a track? Just why?

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Phil - nice feet. How are you getting on with taking the ring to Mordor?

• Options
    Dachs wrote (see)

imageimage

• Options
    Dachs wrote (see)

I tease my son he is a hobbit with hairy feet, he is very happy now that others think I am such.

• Options
    literatin wrote (see)

Phil, are you going to post that picture on every thread I read? image

Didn't Henry VIII have syphilis?

More likely diabetes from being a fat bar steward. Do you read only two threads?

Cat in the hat: birthday on Tuesday and the plan was steak and ale pie washed down with red wine. Suppose I should add a plate of oysters to finish the 2hwat not to eat with gout" recipe off.

• Options

No, I was just avoiding opening all the others just in case you were going to come and post the picture on those too.

• Options

Dachs, I went to google maps for walking directions to Mordor, but they weren't very helpful.

• Options

Just a quick shout out to the worst kept secret on this thread: good luck in the Victory 5 tomorrow SG. Forecast for Portsmouth looks like rain will not be an issue, nice and cool, wind may be the only factor.

• Options

23M for me this morning. Quite pleased as it came out just under target pace in 7:28, which is OK given the 1300ft of hills involved too. First 90 mins were pretty wet! Had the pleasure of saying hello to three people I know within half a mile of each other around the 16M point - Gareth Morris, Mike Hickman and our very own Stevie G!

Only downside was I'd chosen a long, slightly downhill stretch to try and push the pace toward MP, but the GPS decided to go mad, and was swinging wildly from 1.5 mM to 10 mM, with 1 mile coming out as 7:49 and another as 5:50, even though I was running at about the same pace! Seemed to average out but meant I had to run on feel. 

Felt reasonably strong (despite a wee bit of hamstring pain) as well up to about the 18M point, where I hit a 1.5M long hill, whihc took the wind out of my sails a bit!

• Options

Nice work Bus! I assume that's your longest run in the bag in your Abo prep? A tough one to do on the flat let alone on that kind of terrain. Proper job.

Good luck SG. Obviously I'd missed all (any?) clues to your 5 miler. Here's hoping if the wind does turn up, it's a tailwind!   Seb - in answer to your question about upping paces, quite happy that tempo for me is 5.41 per mile. It was 5.45 approx 6 weeks ago so pleased with the progression from all the tempo work.  

Track for me today. 3x 5x 400m off 60s recovery (and 3 mins between sets). All done in 71 - 73 but boy do I hate them. Not helped by headwinds and rain. 

• Options

Thanks Johnas. I'm planning a 24 or 25 sometime in the next two weeks as the longest run. Not sure when, as I'm tempted by a nice local off road 10k next Sunday.

Not surprised you hate that session! It's a good feeling getting it out the way on a miserable Saturday morning though!

Today's run took me to 67M for the week, but 75M in the last 7 days - breaks rule number one of not increasing mileage by more than 10%, as the last 3 weeks have been around 50, but hey ho, I was planing to be averaging 70+ perweek by now for Abo.

• Options

A quick report. my first vets British track finals championships.  1500m today.  Felt good, hit the front early on, people on my heals clipping them, kicked, won v40 gold medal and PB of 4.15.  Had some more but held back slightly on the last 200 as i knew i had it won And 800 tomorrow.   National champion!  image

the 800 is going to be interesting, 3 guys in there have all gone sub 2. And a few more with faster times than me.   So not expecting another medal but I'm going to be in there fighting so you never know

• Options

We are not worthy!! (bows and scrapes!). Seriously though, very well done Dean - National Champion is something to achieve! Good luck for the 800 tomorrow.

• Options

Brilliant Dean well done image

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Monster Dean, simply monster. Get a pic up if you can.

• Options

Awesome stuff Dean and well deserved! You always had such success coming. Pretty sure there's more to come tomorrow too. Best of luck!

Bus - not sure the 10% rule counts to most of us here that train week in week out, month in month out

• Options
    ML84ML84 ✭✭✭

Great result Dean! You must be buzzing and not a bad way to go into tomorrow's 800.  All the best for tomorrow. 

Quality run Bus. Hopefully the training can remain interrupted into your marathon and Johnas, I'm going to block your posts as they're making me envious!image 

went for a jog this morning and could feel a niggle smack bang in the middle of my right  quad. Ended up doing a very slow 5 mile and made it considerably worse. Then got back to my van and realised I'd locked my keys in as there must be an autolocking thingy on it. Fortunately I managed to prise the window open and get to the lock Without causing any damage. 

This time of year always seems to be a write off for me running wise. 3 years on the bounce now. 

• Options

What is it with car keys on this thread recently?? Just what you needed to be totally cheesed off Matt! That quad is obviously a hangover from the Ben - give it a few days and it should heal fine. 

Johnas - just as well with the 10% rule for us - this year my weeks have varied over a 100% several times image

• Options

My mate Dean, YES! National champion. Bloody decent time too! We now have a national treasure on the forum!

Bus, fantastic to see you've cranked that mileage up and not called it quits on Abo. 75 is looking good. How long now till the taper? 

• Options

Two more full-on weeks, then the taper Stevie. Possibly two races in the taper -a road 10k, but slghtly more doubtful, an off-road 15.5k the week before Abingdon. Toying with the idea of just viewing it as an MP 10 milerimage