Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's time for a lurker amnesty.

If YOU are a lovely lady, feel free to say hello. Don't be put off by the other ugly fast bastads on here...

• At least this isn't the most misogynistic thread in RW.

I did read it as knickers too.

I have survived almost 3 days at work now. Did a 2.5km walk yesterday image I may walk round parkrun with the kids this Sat, nothing strenuous though. I can't decide if my ego needs a parkrun t-shirt more than PO10 needs a 45min 5km.

• Stevie G wrote (see)

If YOU are a lovely lady, feel free to say hello. Don't be put off by the other ugly fast bastads on here...

And the slow, good-looking ones like me image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

just re-reading that, I didn't want to give the impression I'm fast image

• Stevie G wrote (see)

So this implies you are fast (we know you are ugly) and that we are ugly (we know we are fast)?

• Stevie G wrote (see)

just re-reading that, I didn't want to give the impression I'm fast image

too late ...

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

we can't all be as handsome as you Phil image

• Stevie G wrote (see)

we can't all be as handsome as you Phil image

Just had a haircut for Wokingham so even more debonair than usualimage

• Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)
    Stevie G wrote (see)

So this implies you are fast (we know you are ugly) and that we are ugly (we know we are fast)?

Quantum physics for runners. 

• Is that possible?

Just been out for a (dry!) easy 4.2M with a few strides in my new trainers. Trainers good, adductors badimage

Oh yeah, and I'm even slower than Stevie (though maybe not as handsome image)

• The "is that possible" was for Philip being more debonair! Iron - how dare you push in image

I don't think it is possible to go for a dry run today! 

My comparison, I must be damn good looking as I'm at the slower end of the thread. 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

well, I don't know if I ever mentioned it Iron, but you're certainly way weaslier than that pic in yellow you used to have up image

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

I'm uglier when i'm running fast than standing still. It's the G-force.

• My kids reckon I have to train hard purely to gurn for 26.2 miles.

• Stevie G wrote (see)

well, I don't know if I ever mentioned it Iron, but you're certainly way weaslier than that pic in yellow you used to have up image

This one?

/members/images/553795/Gallery/BBuster.jpg

No, I don' think you've ever mentioned it. Ever!image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Odd place to pin the number Iron?

And I've always wondered (though not too much), what is the link between pirates and triathletes. Pirates were more about plundering booty and sailing the high seas than triple sporting disciplines.

6miler to start the day, felt a bit knackered when i got up. Didn't help that the headfones died at 2miles, meaning not only a music free zone for the last 4, but having to uncomfortably rest them on my bony shoulders.

Then realised i've forgotten a jumper for work, combined with bringing a particularly lurid coloured shirt.

Am wearing a white furry GAP hoody type fleece at the moment, seeing if i can get away with it...as the lesser of 2 evils! image

• Hate when the headphones die! Most annoying. It could be worse SG... you could have forgotten your pants! (done this before)

• CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

I once forgot my suit Stevie.

I had to go round to my mate's house who is way bigger than me to borrow his suit.  I looked like a kid turning up to school with his big brother's clothes on.image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

nice one Calum! Luckily our office seems to get more casual by the year. I remember a n old boss going ape at me for always wearing a white shirt! Now I never wear one.

But anyone wearing a suit now instantly gets the "are you in court" type banter.

Nikki, i'd prefer to have not brought pants, noone notices that! Or at least can't mention it, without being called a perv!

• CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

Stevie, not many suits get worn here to be fair, but I am the lawyer in the building...! image

We have one scowser in the building who very occasionally (if he has an important meeting) puts on a tie.  He always gets the "court again?" banter.

In that instance which was many years ago, I had a straight up choice of wearing my shirt, boxer shorts, socks and shoes or wearing my sweaty training kit or borrowing the oversized suit.

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

SG, I have done the not bringing pants thing several times.  How pleasant that is depends on how used to going commando you are I suppose.

Track session last night.  Well, not really.  I wanted to save it for Wokingham, so I did 2 x (3 laps steady (6:45mm ish), 3 laps MP (6:00 ish), 3 laps HMP (5:30 ish), 1 lap flat out).  Aim was just to keep my legs moving through the paces without knackering myself.  Fortunately, I forgot to bring a watch, so I have no idea how close I was to those paces, and didn't feel the need to overly push to hit lap times.

Slight issue I've been dealing with is a sore thigh since last week.  I had a couple of rest days on Monday and Tuesday, but it felt agonising after last night's run.  Bizarrely I have woken up this morning feeling fine.  Hopefully short easy runs until Sunday will see me through.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

it's standard to have some phantom aches before a race Dachs, it's textbook!
    Then as if my magic it can suddenly be forgotten in the race.

I occasionally get a clunky ankle, felt it a bit today, and Tuesday, yet not at all in yesterday's hard session. Always odd.

I must be getting old as i tend to forget something a couple of times a week. Though in fairness when you're leaving  the house at 7am, and doing 2 runs before afternoon, packing 2 xr unning kit, 3 pairs of footwear,  work gear, tops, food, towels, ipod, headfones, gloves, key etc, it's probbaly harder to remember everything!

• Would you not just wear the same running kit, if running twice in the same day?

No? Erm, okay, just me then...

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

No, I do the same.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

tends to get a bit damp sat in the car for hours in between, so not something i do.

Used to re wear the shorts, as they don't touch skin in the same way as a top would.

• I don't tend to run twice from work as I live so close so can just run before I go in (and don't do doubles often). But we have special drying cupboards for cyclists to put their wet or sweaty kit during the day that would work well for running kit too. I do use different kit if planning a lunchtime run at work, as I pack everything the night before. This system means I have never forgotten my knickers.

• JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

daily cycle commute + bad memory + current bad weather = lots of commando days

• ML84ML84 ✭✭✭

Headphones while running is something I've never done! 

with working in the building trade any runs before or after work mean they have to start and finish at home or the hotel if I'm away. Showering facilities on a building site are non existent. I'm a seasoned veteran in taking a crap in a portaloo shared with another 100 blokes. Not at the same time obviously. 

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭

So a warning to all those glamour models who Johnas works with (and who no doubt read this thread avidly) - Johnas is commando!