DISNEY 2011

12346»

Comments

• Finally back in Blighty after hols and aborted Goofy! Realised I've put on a few pounds as well with Christmas, America and no running.. oops. Clothes a bit snugger than they were a month or so ago.

Fizz - i'm in the Rochdale area,  I have a feeling you're over on the emerald isle (maybe wrong just got that impression from somewhere not sure where image) If you have any suggestions for exercises or good websites that would be great, or a recommended Physio. Quite like to try some exercises at home if poss as tbh Xmas, America and new bike has pretty much wiped me out image

I've got one of those Gym balls somewhere that I bought intending to use and think that maybe useful?

Thanks for any info, appreciated

• Where is the Rochdale area? UK/ Anywhere more specific? I  might be able to sort something out for you if I can localize you a bit moreimage

• Sorry! Rochdale is near Manchester, North West England.

Its not very memorable you're right image

Edit: just to add a bit of detail i can replicate the issue if I stand straight and lift my leg so it bends at the knee. Then if  lift my foot inwards and up I get a pain in my hip - its quite difficult to pin point exactly. In my amateur sleuthing i've gone from IT band issues to Hip bursitis image It started by what I thought was an adductor issue - an ache when lifting my leg where the adductor is.. then spread as I thought I was taking it easy. At the moment its fine when just normal walking.

• sorry griffster, was off line for a few days. Am trying to get someone reliable to see to you .

I have pulled a small chunk of bone off my pelvis and there is still fluid around it. Bah.

Not sure what to do now. Will get back to you as soon as I can or by pm.

• I did the Goofy Challenge.....
    What a magical experience, as well as the 5k and the Mikey Mile with my son.
    Cant put into words how great it was. I would recommend this event to anyone

It will a few more years before we can afford to do it (unless we win the lottery) but I definitely want to do it all over again.

• Fizziofinn wrote (see)

sorry griffster, was off line for a few days. Am trying to get someone reliable to see to you .

I have pulled a small chunk of bone off my pelvis and there is still fluid around it. Bah.

Not sure what to do now. Will get back to you as soon as I can or by pm.

Thanks Fizz, It would be good to see someone recommended so to speak.

I've made an appt with the docs next week as well to try and get referred. Not sure if this will help at all but thought i'd give it a go. I specifically asked to see a Doctor whom I know does quite a lot of running. She may have a more sympathetic and proactive stance to injury than not running / exercising ever again!

I hope that injury isnt too severe, although it sounds like one that could take a while to heal? This running lark - i'm having trouble proving the 'its not good for you' brigade wrong at the moment image

edit: I should add, dont feel obliged in any way but obviously any pointers or help is much appreciated. Concentrate on yourself! image

• Fizz,, well done, good for you !!!!!!!!!!!!

griff, it was the senible and brave thing to do !!! Im proud of you. I am terrible at NEVER giving it up, NOT clever!

Well done Carl...and slowfoot, hope your feet are well and truly soaked....

March the 15th I can sign on the dotted line for next year..... 

We booked a cruise post marathon for next year, ah, free room service...