Support Group 2

Comments

• I'm having a night in - I hope everyone else is feeling tired too - I could have done with a gin injected jelly baby at the gym this afternoon
  • BB - Fab day to get an afternoon off.  image

Nancy - Gin injected jelly baby's sound fab....imageimage

Im assuming that you are all starting to taper now?

• Evening all. Even i've been out for a run tonight image 4 miles, but I enjoyed it!!! basil, what on earth is geocaching?!?

NL, enjoy your night in. If you don't have any JBs, just go for neat gin instead image I might have a G&T myself tonight! I'm off to a family wedding in Bath tomorrow, can't wait. Seeing family and old family friends i've not seen for few years, so it'll be brill image I must pack stuff, but i'll do it later. I figure it'll take me 10 mins max image
  • <wanders into neighbours house>

It's all gone quiet in my thread tonight after a busy day.  I'm reduced to watching the hatchet job on the marathon and now Embarassing Bodies.

I'm a huge fan of the 10 minute pack Lee.  I did take to extremes when a taxi arrived to take me to the airport for 10 days in Houston and I was still asleep and hadn't done my packing.  That's not to be recommended. 

• Lee - geocaching is like treasure hunting for grown ups. Gives me another use for my Garmin too image www.geocaching.com

I'm having an evening in too. Sadly, I don't have any jelly babies....image

• Lee, hows the spreadsheet coming along?

Are you able to post a list of runners that havnt checked in yet?
  • Lea - I'm glad you asked about geocaching, I had to google... felt a bit thick!

TP - I had to turn dispatches of, it started to annoy me. V boring night on TV, I'm watching ashes to ahses but it just confuses me image.

Might go and have a wander.......

• It's bugging the life out of me too!  I turned it off before I went hoarse shouting at the feigned naivity of the whole thing.  All these people who 'have' to buy a gold bond place, all these charities who are being charged for advertising etc. 

Can't follow Ashes to Ashes either but I love the Gene Genie. 

• Hello  - just popping in to say Hi. I'm just checking out which group Lee the Pea is in so I can meet you before we get to Bala pre-weekend.  I don't want to get to Wales and start asking a load of strangers "excuse me, are you Lee the Pea?"  I'll get locked up and they will confiscate my England passport.  Lee of course will be safe with Scottish one! image  Will be good to meet up with Purple again too.  Sorry I can't stay for the whole party but I have to be at mile 22 and then the finish to meet my OH.  He's running Brighton the week before too so he's expecting to struggle, but still doing fancy dress for the fun of it. He's in group 5 though.

See you all on 25th. I'll bring some G&T. image

• Found you image  Soooooo excited

ok...info:

Forum name: Dina Mo (formerly Fatfyes)

Name: Julie

Number: 5829

I will be wearing a red Virgin marathon top with 'Julie' written on it image

I reckon I'll get to mile 17 around 2hr40  ish.... I think.... image

I have short hair and huge knockers...you can't miss me image

• Hello! TP that is hilarious!!!!! I've just packed my stuff into the worlds smallest rucksack. Then I took my dress out so it doesn't get totally crushed!!! I'll have to get changed for the wedding in the toilets in Bristol airport. Gee i'm a classy chick wouldn't you say?! Must remember to set my alarm....i'm driving myself to the airport, so no taxi to beep me awake!

*waves to Soupy* image Yeah it will be great to meet you at the VLM. I'm looking forward to our pre-Bala bike trip too. I've been strapped for cash this week, after getting my new car, so i've still not booked the campsite, but i'll try and do it Monday image Ooh I can't wait 'til the VLM, to meet everyone image

Barley, spreadsheet coming along nicely. It is on my work computer tho, so I can't send it to you at the mo, but here are the runners we're still waiting to hear from:

Addick Gal
    Bikermouse
    Claire Marshall 9
    Cupcakes Jess (first timer)
    Hayley Nunn 2 (first marathon)
    Jacky Patching (first marathon)
    Jenni Fox (first marathon)
    Jon Charles (1st London)
    Kittenkat
    Mike Halpin 2 (first marathon)
    Penny W
    Ruby77
    Sarah Lawrence 3
    Sunluvva
    SUSAN Cunningham 2 (1st marathon)

Edit: taken Dina Mo off the list due to x-post. I keep x-posting with you on the points comp thread too, how funny!!!

Right, i'm off to bed as i've an early start. Have a great weekend folks. I'll be back Sunday night image xxx
  • spooky stuff LTP!  And I'm off to bed too.... flying to Spain tomorrow for my taper.  Castellon Region has some lovely mountains I plan on plodding up

.........see you all next week. 

you're all fab by the way x

• Evening boys & girls,   hope all are well,  where's the rest of the runners then?
    No chance to respond before LTP,  a late night at work yesterday as had a couple of deadlines to hit,  looking forward to this weekend as have only had one day off in last 12!

Lee the Pea wrote (see)

Hi Jaffa, i've seen you on here before image Group 2 is obviously your lucky group, woo hoooo! So how many marathons have you done so far? I'm getting excited about the marathon too, and i'm not even running!! hahaha. You don't have to leave anything special for the support crew, but that said, if you can find any lovely, single men, just pop them in a bag and mark them for my attention image Don't forget the air-holes though, hehehe

Not sure if they've got a stand for that at the expo Lee but will see what I can find for you anywayimage.  Just realised this'll be the 10th mara that I've done,  another reason to celebrate afterwards!

• Hi Soup - will be great to see you imageimage

Hi DinaMo.. enjoy Spain, what a fab way to taper! A 10th marathon definately deserves a drink in the pub afterwards image

• Afternoon wonderful Group 2-ers. How is everyone this lovely sunny afternoon?

In 2 weeks time we will all be in/heading to London! How exciting is that? image

I've just done my first warm weather run of the year (how sad is that when it's the middle of April). 13 miles in the sun at about 17 deg, so much warmer than I've been used to. Let's hope it's not quite so warm and sunny on the 25th, apart from one tiny little bit round mile 17 so that our fantastic supporters don't get too wet or cold! image

Does anyone else have more or less permanent butterflies due to the mounting excitement now?

• I'm still in denial at the moment. Two weeks sounds scarily close....

Off to get my eyes tested and see if I can get me some contacts to wear on race day. Fingers crossed. Knowing my luck (and my awkward eyes) there'll be some reason why this fine plan goes t*ts up....

• I am very excited and also scared.   The thought of being alone amongst 40,000 runners is daunting!  Adductor and IT Band injury are starting to niggle again.  Fingers crossed I will make it through the last two weeks, run the Marathon with pain I can tolerate and re-assess the injury later.  Doing my long run of the week tomorrow.  Hopefully the weather will be slightly cooler.  It is always cooler up here on the North East Coast of England compared to the South so here's hoping Marathon Day is not a tropical 17 degrees plus!!

I can't wait to go to the EXPO.  It sounds fantastic.  Think the credit card will have a good beating that day.  Will anyone be attending on Friday afternoon, say 3pm?  My train gets into Kings cross about 1.30 and going straight to the Expo to get number ect, so I can chill-lax on Saturday.

• Hi!

Sorry I'm a bit late providing my info.

Forum name: Penny W
    Name: Penny
    Race number: 4142
    Estimated time to mile 17: about 3 hours 40 mins
    What you'll be wearing: fluorescent yellow vest with my name on it supporting Action Heart, Cancer Research & Labrador Rescue - & a pair of black furry Lab ears & a tail! Um, fake fur obviously! image
    Any special needs:  I'll bring a drink & some gels along to the expo

Thank you so much!

• Angela, don't worry you won't be alone. The atmosphere is simply amazing. The other runners and the crowd will make you feel part of one very large cuddly (if slightly sweaty) family. Then you get to mile 17 and it gets even better! image

I'm going to the Expo on Friday. I'll be getting there about 12.00pm so I'm not sure whether I will still be there by 3.00pm.

• Nothing on here for nearly 24 hours! Have I broken the Group 2 thread?? image

Or is everyone out enjoying tapering in the sun?

• Hi All and thanks for being my support group.

Just done my last long run of 16 miles along to the seafront and loved it but felt weird stopping at 16 and not carrying on, race pace too so getting very excited... (must remember sun cream on 25th, I now have a sunburnt face) image

Here are my details ..

Jacky patching

Real name... see above

race no..24665

Time should be app...2.50-3hrs I think

I am wearing a purple Great Ormond street vest with JACKY on the front and a black skort.

Blond hair and a slightly knackered look I should think!!

I have no idea what I will need as its my first marathon but a SIS go gel (Not tropical image) and a hug,and maybe a few jelly beans. I am fussy and like the jelly belly ones so will be dropping off some bits at the expo on wed. 

Do you need me to drop the gels off or do you have a supply? 

Cant wait to see you as I have no personal support until mile 25 !!!   Bit late then but kids cant walk round all day image

See you all in u um 14, yes thats just 14 days   image

Jacky x

• Way Too Slow wrote (see)

Nothing on here for nearly 24 hours! Have I broken the Group 2 thread?? image

Or is everyone out enjoying tapering in the sun?

I think they probably have! I've been cycling all day, although it wasn't that sunny down here.

Looking forward to seeing you Jackie, lots of hugs going for freeimageimage

• Hi everyone, thanks so much for being in my support group!!! I am going to need you guys!!

Details as follows:

Forum name: Hayley Nunn 2

Name: Hayley Nunn

Race number: 33887

Time I hope to be at mile 17: Hopefully around 2.45-3 hours

I am wearing a purple Alzheimer's Research Trust vest with HAYLEY on it! I am blonde if that helps!! Will have black VLM tight leggins on!

Will probably just need my gels and maybe some good old Kendal mint cake, but will drop off what I need for definite at the Expo next week!

To say I am ridiculously nervous already is an understatement!! I will need a massive hug and apologise now if Im an emotional wreck!!!!

Thanks so much

Hayley xxx

• UltraCasUltraCas ✭✭✭

Barley - can you give Jacky a big hug when she gets to mudchute please......she's in the same running club as me image

<waves to Jacky> Have you worked out who I am yet? image

• Morning All!  Thanks for the latest updates folks...the spreadsheet is filling up!  imageimage  I'm still waiting to hear from the following folks though:

Addick Gal
    Bikermouse
    Claire Marshall 9
    Cupcakes Jess
    Jenni Fox
    Jon Charles
    Mike Halpin 2
    Ruby 77
    Sarah Lawrence 3
    Sunluvva
    Susan Cunningham 2

I can't believe there are only a couple of weeks to go image  totally mental.  I also can't believe this time last year I was in the same position as all you runners, albeit having not run for two weeks due to injury image  Fingers crossed all the injuries and niggles clear up in these next two weeks.  Definitely don't push it now - it is really hard to taper, after months of tons of running, but you'll not like gain too much now anyway.  Resting more will be better for injuries than hammering it in the last couple of weeks.

So as I said before, if anyonw does want to send a photo of themselves to me (you can PM me on here and I can give you my e-mail address), then please feel free - it will be an extra help to identify you all on the day.  If you'd rather not, don't worry.  We'll just scream manically at everyone that goes past until we get the right person image

Oh, and i'll double check with Barley as to how many gels etc we're likely to be able to supply, i.e. i'm not sure if gels are generally left at the expo by the runners, or if there will be lots to give out on the day.  I didn't use them so i'm not too sure, and I just want to double check image

• UltraCas wrote (see)

Barley - can you give Jacky a big hug when she gets to mudchute please......she's in the same running club as me image

<waves to Jacky> Have you worked out who I am yet? image

I will, I will, she may not be able to get away image

Lee the Pea wrote (see)

Morning All!  Thanks for the latest updates folks...the spreadsheet is filling up!  imageimage  I'm still waiting to hear from the following folks though:

Addick Gal
    Bikermouse
    Claire Marshall 9
    Cupcakes Jess
    Jenni Fox
    Jon Charles
    Mike Halpin 2
    Ruby 77
    Sarah Lawrence 3
    Sunluvva
    Susan Cunningham 2

I can't believe there are only a couple of weeks to go image  totally mental.  I also can't believe this time last year I was in the same position as all you runners, albeit having not run for two weeks due to injury image  Fingers crossed all the injuries and niggles clear up in these next two weeks.  Definitely don't push it now - it is really hard to taper, after months of tons of running, but you'll not like gain too much now anyway.  Resting more will be better for injuries than hammering it in the last couple of weeks.

So as I said before, if anyonw does want to send a photo of themselves to me (you can PM me on here and I can give you my e-mail address), then please feel free - it will be an extra help to identify you all on the day.  If you'd rather not, don't worry.  We'll just scream manically at everyone that goes past until we get the right person image

Oh, and i'll double check with Barley as to how many gels etc we're likely to be able to supply, i.e. i'm not sure if gels are generally left at the expo by the runners, or if there will be lots to give out on the day.  I didn't use them so i'm not too sure, and I just want to double check image

Thanks for keeping an eye on the thread Lee, sorry ive been absent, ive been so busy over the last week.

Would it be possible for you to try and send the missing runners a PM?

The supplies we usually give out on the course are:

Specific items left by individuals which they wish to be passed to them at Mile 17.

We also hand out lots of banana's, orranges, jelly babies, jaffa cakes, fun size chocolate bars, etc to all and sundry as they pass.  Some people leave general stuff at the expo which we collect, e.g. last year we had maybe 50 bags of jelly babies and half a dozen boxes (boxes of boxes) of Jaffa cakes.  We also buy banana's & oranges from Asda.

• Emma Thorpe 2 should be along to join our group soon.

Welcome Emma image
  • Hayley Nunn 2 wrote (see)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for being in my support group!!! I am going to need you guys!!

Details as follows:

Forum name: Hayley Nunn 2

Name: Hayley Nunn

Race number: 33887

Time I hope to be at mile 17: Hopefully around 2.45-3 hours

I am wearing a purple Alzheimer's Research Trust vest with HAYLEY on it! I am blonde if that helps!! Will have black VLM tight leggins on!

Will probably just need my gels and maybe some good old Kendal mint cake, but will drop off what I need for definite at the Expo next week!

To say I am ridiculously nervous already is an understatement!! I will need a massive hug and apologise now if Im an emotional wreck!!!!

Thanks so much

Hayley xxx

Hi Hayley, welcome, drop off what you need and make sure you mark it with your Support Group number, name and runners number.  Best to put in a clear plastic bag with the top knotted or something similar.

If you have any questions or concerns about the race, feel free to ask as we're bound to be able to help image