Support Group 10

Comments

• Great list Peter.   I've just got a list of lists so far.  Nothing packed... but after my visit to the Expo tomorrow, I'm sure that'll change in the evening !

Must do some some....must do some work and stop thinking about Sunday

• Hey!

Dont forget to post a report on the expo after your visit tomorrow. Not going till Saturday Morning!

Pimage

• Alright so here's my info (finally):

Forum Name: EI22RE

Name: Martin Quinn

Bib no: 51916

Mile 17: around 2:05 (allegedly)

Wearing: Grey sleeveless Nike shirt and navy Adidas shorts

Other info: Red hair so easy to spot image

Special requirements: None, just some cheers and anything I drop off. image

• Wotcha lovelies!!!!!! Love the excitement building, only 5 ish days to go...........

I'm doing the pick ups from the Expo on Thursday and Friday so anyone from this group leaving things then will be guaranteed they'll be with me on Sunday! Just go up to the RW stand and say that you want to leave things for the Forum Support Groups - please please make sure they're clearly labelled, preferably in a clear plastic sandwich bag or summat......I don't want anything to go missing and by all accounts there's loads for us to look after for you all (we pick up everything for all the groups y'see)

Oh, and if anyone will be at the Expo around half five/quarter to six each night that's when I'll be rocking up if you're around and fancy saying hi image I should be easy to spot I'll be wearing killer heels and a suit, and probably sporting a very large rucksack filled with goodies!!! Hehe, a bit different from my "very" bright yellow T shirt with Zurich Cares written across the front I'm planning on wearing on Sunday image (I want to be visible lol!!)

Oh, and - a vodka jelly baby update - I shall be beginning my experimentation tonight now that I have syringes......imageimage I reckon if I feed them each night then they should be just about perfect on Sunday......!!!!!!!! I'll let you all know how it goes!

• We can still leave stuff there on the Saturday can't we? Sorry if this has been answered, I'ms ure it has been but I ingored it last time as originally i was planning on going to the expo earlier in the week

Am really looking forward to a vodkajelly baby! reall hope they do work (and they don't make anyone sick)still might leave a minature there too!

• Hi hon - yep, you can leave stuff every day of the Expo, we have bods doing three collections at varying times on the Saturday, it's just that I'll be doing the pick up Thurs and Friday as will go over after work. Am off for the dinner at Ask near Victoria afterwards on Friday too just to give it another plug in case anyone fancies it!!!!
  • Karen Sims 3 wrote (see)

Oh, and - a vodka jelly baby update - I shall be beginning my experimentation tonight now that I have syringes......imageimage I reckon if I feed them each night then they should be just about perfect on Sunday......!!!!!!!! I'll let you all know how it goes!

The vodka babies are sooo hilarious that when I get Sunday nerves I think about them and forget about the nerves. The mile 17 support in general works fab for me too, now someone is definitely watching and supporting me image

• Does anyone else have people coming up to them at work saying "5 days" (or however many) and then bursting out laughing in some evil fashion. I was unaware that limping before the marathon even starts was such a source of amusement!

Karen, I'll leave everything in a non-clear plastic bag (as I don't have any clear bags) which will be labelled with name, bib number and Group 10. Oh, an clear instructions for drink mixing!
    Do you want some plastic champagne 'glasses'?? I found some lurking at the back of a cupboard the other day. Thought they might make you supporters look more classy when you're passed out from excess pink fizz at 11am image

Becks

• Ooooh champagne glasses sound fab if you don't need them?

And for any veggies out there, I've had a request for vodka jelly beans too so will be giving those a go as well image

People will so have the wrong idea about me...................! image!! Lol

• By the "wrong idea", do you mean the "truth"? image
  • Oh yeah........................imageimage oh well, at least you guys will have a giggle when you get to mile 17 anyhoo!!!!!

Oh, BTW before I forget - GOOD LUCK GILL FOR YOUR EXAM TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! Just in case you manage to pop in today image

• Hi Support Group 10.

I've made it through the thread (you are a mad bunch), from tracking down that I am on your list to the latest gossip, so now here is me...

Forum Name: RobotMad

Name: Chris Barnes

Number: 2586

Estimated time at mile 17: Hopefully just before 12:00  

Wearing: lycra shorts and green Macmillan running t-shirt

Needs: I'll drop some stuff off at the Expo on Thursday.

Good luck to all of the Runners and a very big thnkyou to all of the supporters.

Chris

• Karen Sims 3 wrote (see)
    Ooooh champagne glasses sound fab if you don't need them?

Champagne glasses it is then!
    I'll also stick a few straws in case you decide to do away with the glasses image

• my bet is on the jelly babies ending up as a soggy mess - unless they have all gone by the time I get there!
  • or I've drunk all the vodka before it makes it to the jelly babies.if you're that worried about missing them I can always bring some into work!!! Lolimage

• Hi all

thanks for all the posts they are helping to keep me sane ................. i can't wait for the start, just hope it's not too hot!

not run since last Wednesday but have been given the all clear by the Dr today imageimageimage

• OK now time for a photo of the Orange Turqouise mess that is Zaba...now don't say I haven't warned you....still time to look away.....and please ignore the red baggy eyes that haven't sleept in weeks, the horrible hair and the silly smile...

/members/images/384481/Gallery/SDC10244.JPG

Just wish the charities could pick better colours... image

• Opps, just to clarify...I plan / hope / wish to arrive at mile 17 around 11:50AM. Fingers crossed.

• great news HT - and don't worry about the colours Zaba - easier to spot you!
  • Zaba

You look fine. You should see my orange top skirt and tights!!!

• Hi all,

Reporting into the Mad house that is Group 10,   Just completed a 3 miler, very slow,  12 minute miles, (normally run 9min) did'nt want to risk anything.

My schedule's down to the last 2 runs, 2 miles Wednesday, and 2 miles Saturday??  Has anyone else a run to do on Saturday? and is that the Norm? (only wondered as I've got to work Saturday)  

Loved the list Peter,  hope the extra socks come in handy.....image 

Got my running vest through, BRIGHT RED, with WHITE SPOTS, and Clowns doing hand stands (Delmelza Hospice),  very fetching. I will put NEIL on front, with BLUEMOON on back,

So when you pass me say Helloooo...image

• I did 6 this morning and will do 3-4 on Thursday.

Have seen some discussion around the idea of running Saturday - I have generally found that my first run after a rest day is tough throughout my training, so probably will pop out for a couple of miles - no more than that though!

• ***********************jelly baby update***********************

Well, I'm not completely sure if they've worked, and the cat got shot in the eye a couple of times where it came back out in a rather impressive spray!!!! However, I have partaken of a couple (obviously I have to check these things image) and although it's really tiny amounts of vodka going in I reckon they could possibly have a little bit of a punch once they've had time to 'soak in'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cat is now running around like a lunatic - is it possible for felines to get pished when shot in the eye with loopy juice?!!

• Evening all, never guess what happened to me today, my whole running life flashed before my eyes.

I walked through the sliding doors, down a slope into the courtyard in college and straight onto a student's runaway skateboard, it must have taken about 10 feet to stop myself, I don't think I could have been described as graceful. I  just remember shouting and expletive and panicking that I was going to injure myself. I didn't. Not sure i would have been responsible for my actions if I had....

Anyway hope your all feeling fine and looking forward to Sunday....

• ... bit worried that vodka jelly babies may not stay the course if I consume them at mile 17 - chundering not being a good look!  That said, I may be reduced to crawling round if it turns out to be 19/20 oC.

On Peter's big kit list I didn't see Ibuprofen?!  Just taken medical advice - I may pop tactical pre-race anti-inflammatories to prevent painful knees at 20+ miles.....

• Johnersh wrote (see)

... bit worried that vodka jelly babies may not stay the course if I consume them at mile 17 - chundering not being a good look!  That said, I may be reduced to crawling round if it turns out to be 19/20 oC.

No fear Johnersh, we will have plenty of normal JB's too!!! Our local CoOp have them on half price at the mo s I picked up ten bags last night along with 4 boxes of Jaffa Cakes. Plan on picking more up before the weekend too image

Oh - and:

MMMOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!

To everyone going to the Expo today, have fun and enjoy!!!! It certainly makes things a lot more real once you have your kit bag and number image......

• Heading there today. Can't wait!
  • And me - once I get rid of the guys that are travelling in from france just to see me today...

Getting ever so slightly distracted now!

• Hey hey, getting exciting around here now. 

Back from Exam.  Went ok I thinkimage  Been 13 years since I did a proper written exam omg did my hand hurt after.  You forget what its like to write that much nowadays!!

So anyone had the anxiety dreams yet.  Lol I had one last night and I'm not even running.  First off I started running and then remembered that I should be at the supporters stand.  When I got there I had no balloons.  But never mind cos the London Marathon turned into Glasgow and I was only 5 mins from my mums houes where I had left the ballons so I was trying to get a taxi to take me there.  Lol thats when I woke up image

Peter loved the list.  Ibprufen or Ibprufen gel is a good thing to add.  I remember rubbing the gel on at the start in 08 and was soon joined by a guy doing the same thing and also cheking on his blisters.

Sorry Mattoo had a little chuckle at the image of you on the skateboard, glad that you are ok and didn't injure yourself as that would have been no laughing matter.

• Johnersh wrote (see)

On Peter's big kit list I didn't see Ibuprofen?!  Just taken medical advice - I may pop tactical pre-race anti-inflammatories to prevent painful knees at 20+ miles.....

Don't take this the wrong way only meaning to help.Anti-inflamatories will not prevent painful knees the will just mask and hide the pain. I personally am a strong believer that if the pain is too much without tablets then you should stop running instead of hiding the pain. Better to feel the pain and stop if necessary then to countinue and damage the knees badly. Also you will avoid the minute risks involved with tablets and running. RW had interesting article about tablets and runninglast year.

Anyways you are a grown up and will do what you like, I hope do really well and run fast and painfree.