Options

Last time I trust Sweatshop!

2»

Comments

• Options

Interesting.  Me and OH have bought from Sweatshop for about 3 years but in the last 6 months we've both been recommended trainers that don't suit us.  The most recent was my OH asking for exactly the same as his old ones and being told that the ones they came up were the same.  OH said no, they were a different width. Salesperson said it was a new model and the width would work out the same so he bought them.  They gave him blisters but was just past the 14 days or whatever for returning them.  He took them back anyway and they confirmed that the width was different but still wouldn't refund the money. 

I was recommended some Brooks when they didn't have the Asics I wanted and was told they are comparable.  They weren't and I didn't get on with them at all.  My own fault in a way, I should have gone elsewhere or waited for the Asics but I trusted their judgement. 

We won't be going back.  Will now go to Apex Sports.

• Options

My apologies, Mrs Slug. image

Soup Dragon (NOW I know who nicked me nick! image) you must be a similar vintage to me - I have a soup dragon, and a whole family of Clangers (and a Bagpuss and a Madeleine, and a whole mob of mice) all made for me by my mum's mum. Bagpuss is a VERY baggy puss now, and he's missing an ear and part of his tail! Well he's been loved for more than 30 years!

They weren't Sweatshop when I bought from them, now I come to think of it - they were still SheRunsHeRuns (I can see why they changed the name!  image)

Glad I'm in good company! I do tend to rick my ankle in these, and I've the laces in the top set of holes, in an attempt to support them better, but then they dig into the top of my foot (partcularly on the right and that's the one I go over on more because it has to bear more load than the left!) ARGH!! image

• Options
    DT makes a good point. How can you assess someone's gait accurately by watching them run up and down a shop????

Gait analysis should involve a slow motion camera with multiple angles etc.

And as for the fit. Why oh why would you risk going down a shoe size??

If I were you DT, I would write to the MD of sweatshop and I am sure you would be treated with the respect you deserve and nothing less. It would also help them with essential feedback so they can stop this nonsense approach to gait analysis.
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Asics are good for me as I have trouble finding others that fit

we have sweatshop near where i live
  • Options
    He runs she runs and sweatshop are owned by the same people, in my opinion some of the assistants dont know much, I would recommend going to an independant running shop if you can find one, or one that has been recommended by someone. What about up and running, the one in Sheffield seems very knowledgeable, is there one there?
  • Options

Dirty Turkey you asked about decent shops in London, not sure whereabouts you're based but I'd recommend Up&Running in North Sheen, it's on the Upper Richmond Road, twenty minutes from Waterloo by train and by far the best service I've received in a long while.

• Options
    Thanks LIrish. As I say, Im in London a lot with work so I'll have to make a little trip over there to see what they have to offer.
  • Options
    What I was told was...

He Runs She Runs and Sweatshop USED to be owned by the same people.

Then HRSR concessions started popping up in Sports Direct (worst idea in history).

Everything to do with those HRSR concessions was awful – this started reflecting badly on the properly run HRSR stand-alone stores – so the whole HRSR name and concept was off-loaded by Sweatshop to Sports Direct.

So the rule now is, never go to a He Runs She Runs but Sweatshops are ok.
  • Options
    Hi, it does seem there are a few problems which aren't all to do with running and if not been able to run has made you very depressed and crying then you need a GP review and if you can do another sport for a while........cross training or swimming just for now.  If you can get some support to take while you go shopping that will help too.  The other bit of invaluable advice I have found is that you need strength to be able to run and not get injured, did you say you had weak ankles?  This wont help your gait when running and it might be worth doing so lower limb strengthening and balance work to support your joints/feet and arches.  Hope you are getting some help for your other problems x x x
  • Options

Dirty Turkey, just go to 'The Running Shop' in Far Cotton, Northampton.  Independant runnign shop with years and years of experience run by a family of runners.

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine that they have now sorted their trainer issues as this thread is now 3 years old.
  • Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the OP's knee got better?
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Another Zombie thread.

🙂

• Options

I was going through my bank statement and noticed a debit to sports direct......I hadn't bought any thing from them but I had bought something for the amount from Sweatshop.  A quick google and I discovered that Sportsdirect now own 25% of Sweatshop.  I'd tried to buy a pair trail shoes in sweatshop only to find they didn't stock that model.  They used to stock pretty much every model.  I suspect what you'll now see is a gradual change in the way Sweatshop does business.  It's a pity Sweatshop was a good company.

• Options
    If they are comfy I wouldn't worry,I too have flat feet and I was told I need motion control...I now just run in stability shoes and they are lighter and not been a problem..

I make my own mind up by trying a shoe on now,if I like it I buy it..