Options

More money

124»

Comments

• Options

Wow thank you very much!

And next year, if I am not running, can you can add me to your donors listing?

• Options

Whoop whoop!! WE HAVE WINNERS!!!!!! Excellent.

Thanks for doing the decision making Mr W!

• Options

I'm putting this here because some of your PMs are switched off.

Firstly, this has been a really good idea from Mr W and he deserves a massive pat on the back - I hope this is the start of a yearly thing and we can raise much more next year.

Those of you who didn't attract any extra funding from me, it wasn't because your cause was any less worthy or your pitches were not as good - in my case, it was because the other charity I've chosen to support, is very close to me re the loss of family members... and that is the only reason.

I really hope you have a smashing day on Sunday; remember these are your 'days of days' and you should enjoy every second of them - even the painful bits!

I wish you all the luck in the World .

C

• Options

I would just like to second what Corinthian has said

Will make my donation to backcat1 when I get home

Thanks Mr W

• Options

Thank you so much.  I seem to be a pretty crap fundraiser, so this is much appreciated!

I already have Corinthian's on my fundraising page.  Getting in touch with Tickled Pink now.

And I must find out why my credit card isn't working... As I said before I don't have much to give (vaccinations and microchipping for cat and 4 kittens is costing me a month's wages... luckily I should be getting neutering free as mum's a stray...) but once I get the card working I'm planning on spreading it thinly across this thread!

• Options
    PS: I think it's great to share it out this way.  I'd feel embarrassed if it was just me getting it with so many deserving stories!
  • Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    Well dones guys! Glad I wasn't the one making the decision.
  • Options
    Congrats to the winners!
  • Options
    A worthy winner Mr W.  I will do the needful when I get home tonight. image
  • Options
    congrats to the winners...great and worthy cause...
  • Options
    Fair play, jolly good show, what. The Stroke Association are very worthy recipients.
  • Options
    Yeah, good choice M.ister W, a very worthy cause
  • Options

Well done all, the needy and the givers, great choice.

Good luck Sunday everyone!

• Options

Well done to the winners and thank you to those donating

Wishing everyone the very best for sunday!!

• Options
    smg2975smg2975 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I just wanted to say a big thank you - the money I have raised is an extra incentive to keep me going on what will be a long slow and very difficult challenge.

For any sceptics I can confirm that I have received the donations and you can view these on my web page

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/sarahsmarathon2010

Thank you to everyone and good luck to all the runners

• Options

I've recieved my second donation, thanks TP!

• Options
    MACbMACb ✭✭✭

I just like to say good luck to all of those running for charity and well done for those gaining extra donations here.

Although I got my place on marathon by luck I was prompted to take the opportunity to raise a few quid for charity following the sudden death of a friend and work colleague following a short run. He was a diabetes sufferer and collapsed and died in his home without his kids realising until it was too late. So, due to the timing of this I decided to ask a few friends and work colleagues for a few quid and I have been really amazed and touched by their generosity. A few months ago I was a bit of sceptic about having to try and raise a few quid, I thought it would tougher than running the marathon - but I have been pleasantly surprised.

There are so many great causes mentioned here, it has opened my eyes to what the VLM is really all about and I am even more determined to finish it now (otherwise I am going to go some much grief at work, plus a few people will want their cash back!).

Good luck to you all.

• Options
    smg2975smg2975 ✭✭✭

Marty B - Sorry to hear about your friend.  Good luck on Sunday - I'm sure you'll find that even if you found you couldn't manage the full distance everyone would still hand over their money simply because you gave it go.

Nearly everyone that has sponsored me has said they wouldn't even attempt a marathon so they were happy to donate just because of my determination to do it.

• Options
    MACbMACb ✭✭✭

thanks Blackcat, I guess most people will actually give me the money to be honest, I just don't want to feel like a fraudster myself. It's only right for them to expect some suffering for their money!

Seriously, the loss of a friend under such circumstances was a real shock and eye opener to me, It kind of makes other peoples stories more real now. It has certainly made the run up to the race more of an emotional experience, so I am expecting it to be quite overwhelming on the day.

• Options
    Congrats to the winners and well done to the donors. If not running myself next year I will definitely give some random strangers a bit of money.
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Popping in  to wish you all the best of luck on Sunday, don't fortget, you've done the hardest bit already. I'm sure the stories behind your marathon journies will help see you through those final few miles.
  • Options

Meant to ask, Corinthian and TP, have you got any requests on the cute kitten pics? image

(I'm told they have magic powers against volcano dust related sniffles too)