Brighton Marathon 2011

2»

Comments

• Wobbled wrote (see)
    Pretty sure entries open up to everyone on May 10th, they haven't confirmed anything about prioritising this year's runners.

I deferred my place because of injury this year, as far as I know that guarantees me a place for next year. I'm not sure whether participants also get priority.

I've a feeling there will be a real surge in popularity second time around as it does offer a similar experience to London in a not-too-distant location.

• Will it be up on the Runners World website to enter, on Monday the 10th, or do you have to enter through the Brighton Marathon, official site, (which seems to be down at the moment) ???
  • The website still seems to be working for me, maybe the problems are just the organiser getting it ready to launch the 2011 site?

I was going to run Brighton this year, but didn't fancy entering in the inaugral year so as to avoid any teething problems the event might have.  Seeing as it seemed to go so well, I am another eager applicant for Monday.

It'll be interesting to see if they continue the refunds if you get into London.  Will they really want to become known as the "London ballot insurance policy" race?

• Got into the website by pressing the link given on a previous post. Had no luck by googling "Brighton Marathon" and attempting to access the website that way however. Am on the site now though so all is good.
  • Morning all,

Does anyone have any further news on entry to the Brighton Marathon?

• Just that it goes live at 10am via the Brighton Marathon website.
  • thanks for that. Kim.. doe you know if it's the same Marathon Website as last year?

• I had few probs but manage my place in the end...whoop!
    Thx 2btiny will defo look out for u...undecided on my vest for Canterbury but will have my name on
    Luke image
  • Signed up.

No need to start training just yet.

Please don't start the ipod debate again!! image

• Entered today and was surprised to get in there & then & not have to wait till October like some other races! Looking forward to it already. Have every fond memories of Brighton. Got engaged there 9 years ago & proposed to my girlfriend on the beach.
  • Will enter today and it should be the same weekend as Blackpool.But Brighton Better!
  • Brighton Marathon is apparently sold out already.

Places were being sold at the rate of one every 11 seconds. Not surprised, it was a great event and apart from the odd spoilsport was a great occasin for runners, spectators and the City of Brighton. Roll on 2011

• I apliye when its first open.I can not not wait to see your my friend again next year?
  • If anyone hasn't got an own runner place, they can apply for a charity place from Sparks the Childrens Medical Charity:

http://www.sparks.org.uk/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=998

They seem to offer loads of help to people who run for them:

ALL Sparks Brighton Marathon runners will benefit from:
    • Unlimited support from our dedicated challenge events team throughout your whole experience
    • Fundraising pack, full of useful tips and ideas
    • Training guide, full of suggestions and tips
    • Professional Sparks running vest
    • Organised training run so you can meet the Sparks team!
    • Sparks Open House, your second opportunity to meet the Sparks team!
    • Goody bag, including cap, water bottle and other goodies
    • Sparks cheer squads around the course on race day to support you through to the end
    • Post race reception for all Sparks runners and their families

Sounds good to me ha