Lymington 10k

Anyone doing the Lymington 10k this weekend? I haven't done it before but I guess the stretch along the sea wall is pretty exposed - and it looks like it could be windy!

Comments

• Roger 333Roger 333 ✭✭✭

I was there Mike...1300 runners, weather about right ( overcast with occasional sunny bits ) and a welcome South Westerly to cool us down as came up off the gravel track on the return leg.

What went well : good kit choice...technical tee courtesy of Alzheimer's Soc. at the Great South a while ago ,tracksters and  the trusty  mesh cap. Porridge with honey for breakfast, and quick gulp of water before the off.

What went less well:

I registered online in first week of April. Got a confirmation of payment same day. No race packet, no number, no chip, queueing with about forty people ten minutes before the off for a spare number courtesy of the wonderfully efficient lady stood to for just this , who remarked that 'a lot of the low numbers seem to have disappeared '

So having arrived half an hour before the off, once again I'm walking down to the start fumbling with safety pins and ignoring the inevitable guy with a mic trying to add to my stress levels.

Nice medal, welcome Mars bar, nice marshals, nice course, well administered on the ground by the RNLI supporters. 

Be warned, the usual exhortations on the website  to please NOT bring a car....and the railway station is a good 2 miles away, and if the race organisers had put any signage for hardy users of public transport, I didn't see them.Take a bike if you go by train!

All in all, nice rural multi terrain 10K ..54 mins....(Yaay, PB ...uh...for this year....um...and over this distance! image )