Sub 3.30 2011

1464748495052»

Comments

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭

Daren, I think the marathon takes a while before you get it right - it's just that extra distance that you don't run in training when your body is so drained.

Good 10k there - very quick indeed. Just shows all that marathon training can translate into quick times for shorter distances too.

I'm taking a short break from running - I managed to tweak my knee last weekend while out for a short run, and it is still a bit sore. Keeping to cycling and cross training for a couple of weeks. Probably ditch my next race which was a 10 miler in mid-May. Next after that would be a HM in August. Still mulling over the idea of another marathon later in the year - maybe Luton (very glam!).  Before that I'm going to try and get to the Parkrun more often and get my 5k PB down below 21 minutes. I'm completely the opposite to Daren - absolutely no basic speed but lots of endurance!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    There's quite a few of us concentrating on shorter distances over the summer, over on t'other thread, and tons of great advice going around. My marathon pb is now 3.28 but my 10k pb is an embarrassing 46.xx!

The thread was full on before the marathon but it's taken on a whole new dimension now and looks like it will continue until everyone has nailed it! The focus for most is still sub 3.30 but now with the mania of Spring training out the way everyone is looking at training for other distances over the summer before focusing on either an autumn or next spring marathon.

Please drop in!
  • Nice new pic Freemers image

Daren - I've done 6 marathons now and I'm still rubbish at them. One day I'll get it right.....

Minni - you touting for business again? image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I'm getting fed up with some of the 'lazy' running Spoons so looking for new talent!
  • AA, Would you still like to do your tandem skydive with me, have made a ballot entry for 2012, think have to wait until October by email.