Options

Porkers of the world....

Comments

• Options
    FBF, Mrs DB keeps going on these healthy food kicks. I just go to the chip shop at lunch time and don't tell her.
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    me too DB - well not chip shop but a local pastry shop that does something called "pig in a blanket" - basically a strip of bacon with some cheese baked inside a puff pastry wrap. fat and yummy! scoff one of those on my way to get lunch.
  • Options
    RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-A-AR! Er, I mean, oink.

Thanks, guys. Now I know why Mr V-rap, who appears to be too disorganised to eat at all (I often find his breakfast in the microwave when I come home in the evening) seems to be defying the law of conservation of matter. And why all the fast-food shops on our high street seem to be thriving.
  • Options
    I guess im not allowed on here then....?
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    V-rap - what you doing on here? Your BMI's not over 25 surely? Stop sneaking around checking up on what us porkers eat.
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    looking at your photo Nicko - bye
  • Options
    I'm here on behalf of Mr V-rap, whose BMI is over 25. And now I know how he keeps it there despite seeming to live on coffee. And why he has a previously inexplicable compulsion to go mooching up the high street every day. Must get "do not feed this man" posters made and put them up in all the chippies.
  • Options
    talking of porkers....

my colleague is sat here next to me munching on a toasted turkey n cheese sandwich. I'm pretty bored and prone to binging to relieve it, and the smell of his sandwich is driving me mad! But no - I must resist must resist
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    V-rap - he sounds fairly typical of our breed. get him to sign up to Porkworld. PS. don't shop me to mrs fbf
  • Options
    He's not allowed on here until he makes at least a token effort at running.
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    X - but chips are good for you whilst fags are not
  • Options
    Cigs are poisonous, full stop. Chips in moderation are essential to a balanced diet.

And passively inhaling vinegary chip fumes is a pleasure in itself.
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    sounds like an excuse to go to a chippy to me.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking the same thing Barkles - Chippy at lunchtime for a large bag with salt & vinegar, on doctor's orders.

Yipee!
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    haven't had a bag of chips for ages - you've given me evil thoughts. wonder if I can get some cheesy chips?
  • Options
    Hmmm:

Chips for lunch with salt and vinegar followed by crisps for pudding (salt and vinegar)

Tapering for 10k at the weekend so cycling tonight followed by stretching and wobbleboarding

Will still consume at least 5 pieces of fruit and 2l of water though!
  • Options
    The chippy that used to be across the road from my surgery sold VERY cheesy chips. Positively green around the edges. Their main business was something for which the police closed them down.

I'll settle for a plateful of oven chips. They're one of the few foods where I insist of the branded rather than the bargain-basement variety.
  • Options
    RatcatcherRatcatcher ✭✭✭
    Hi all! Just been for my 10 km run, and am celebrating the birth of this thread by having a chocolate croissant for breakfast!

Anyone else like one while I'm there?

fbf, hope the salad nicoise wasn't too bad. My supper didn't even have a french name to redeem it.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Breakfast for me was two "butteries" - a NE Scotland speciality which are a cross between croissants and bread rolls, but denser and flat (full of fat!). This morning's weren't quite as crispy as I like them, but they were yummy all the same.

And someone is leaving today, so they brought in a tin of M&S Luxury Belgian Choccie bikkies.

And I haven't run today yet.........
  • Options
    When I lived in a university residence in Dundee for a year, getting up in the morning was never a problem because there were always warm butteries for breakfast. They were invariably snaffled first.
  • Options
    Chips are essential ???? You wait till I get home tonight. Mrs RLD and her baked potatoes don't stand a chance. (Actually it's scrambled egg on toast tonight before spinning and circuits butI can dream).

Please tell me that a full english every saturday morning at the local caff is also required to live long and happy. I havn't had one of those for about 12 months.

No FBF, I wasn't a prop. During my extremely short rugby career I was a 2nd Row - it was one of my thinner periods but I was so rubbish I gave up and concentrated on eating instead.
  • Options
    A full English is fine provided you inhale from a distance of at least twice your own height while keeping your teeth clamped firmly together and being careful not to swallow anything. OK, maybe the baked beans and the well-grilled bacon...

Nowt wrong with a baked potato provided it doesn't come with cottage cheese. Or an undressed green salad.
  • Options
    I dont think this thread is fair, where are the rest of us suppose to go?
  • Options
    It's OK, DBSA, you can come in now. The hardcore Fat Pride contingent have fled. There's a rumour that they were too plump and juicy for a ravenous dinosaur to resist snacking on, but I suspect the truth is that they've all got day-jobs.
  • Options
    Perhaps someone could start a 'skinny whippets' thread and discuss the relative merits of various salad leaves....now begone o skinny one :-)
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    nobody in at the surgery DBSA? so you've come here for your pies instead - well you can't have any as us porkers have ate them all.

and you are banned as well V-Rap bloody doctors - always trying to get us to lose weight.

get out skinnies
  • Options
    D'you mean DBSA (who IS skinny) or the dino (who is heading towards the magical 25kg/m2 but hasn't quite made it yet)?
  • Options
    Goodness TWO thinsos in the thread- chase them away with a doner kebab immediately
    (it's the ONLY way to eat salad!)
  • Options
    Doner kebab...mmmm...I can smell the salmonella from here. Yummy! Now THERE'S a way-too-drastic route to weight loss. Especially with a nice salad which has been washed in water passed by the management, or by the retailer you insulted yesterday after twenty pints of lager and raspberryade.

Pass me a buttery and I shall leave peacefully, closing the door with a satisfying click as I go.